My week one recap

• I am torn. Really. If I am going to be honest with myself ( and that is more important then me being honest with you) this is where I need to do it ~ publically.

As you all know, I am here on SB after spending almost 2 full years on Atkins. My body is having to go into another whole mode, and I don't know if it is fighting me, or if I made an unclear decision. In the week I have been on SB ~ I am down 2 pounds. I was down more, but woke up yesterday morning and gained it all back. The upper part of my belly is very bloated and I had a bit of icky gas last night.

Now...... I have to say this. My TOM is trying to make an appearance, so I get the bloating... but it still makes me . I don't know if SB is the right plan for me, but I am going to see how this next week goes. If I GAIN..... I will be pretty ticked off.
  • I think it depends on what your goals are for south beach.

If you are strictly doing it to lose weight, and you didn't lose in a week (but would you lose with any plan in a week with TOM pending?), then maybe you need to move on. I must say, that I think one week isn't nearly enough to judge if a plan is working for you or not. If you went thru Atkins already, you can't expect much of a whooosh we find the first week or two from taking out all the bad carbs. I assume you haven't had those (bad carbs) in a while anyway.

If you are doing south beach in part to lose weight, and in part to eat healthy, then you need to stick it out!! I feel SO GOOD when I stick to south beach. I feel good about myself, the way I eat, and then the way I look too. No cravings, no junk, and no mood swings because of sugar (and white flour, and ... ).

How did you feel this week? Was it a struggle? What's the big picture? I would be if you've lost 74 lbs so far, you know it doesn't happen quickly! And this plan is great to maintain too....
  • I was just having a "moment". Call it pms... call a bit of fear.

I am loving SB actually. Yesterday I was bloated feeling and gassy but I bet it was the beans I ate. The only beans I have been having (with NO effects) are ff refried beans. Last night I made a pot of butter beans (aka lima beans). I think... tomorrow, when I get to working out I will be fine.

Thanks for listening to my rambling, and brief moment of insanity.
  • It is probably just water retention. Good luck! I know TOM is tough.
  • LOL! And yes, you can tell the days I eat a lot of black beans...which are most days!