South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 06:12 AM   #1  

Height: 5'8"

Default Thundering Thursday

OMG, it was so hard to get up this morning. I need some serious coffee!

Yesterday was not a great day. It was my son's kindergarten moving up ceremony and I really wish I had let myself cry, because that is what I really felt like doing. Instead I walked around in a sort of haze feeling numb. I am the sort of person who feels very unsettled when routines change or fall apart. These last few days of school are very weird - the kids are coming home with all their things (changes of clothes, desk name plates, final workbooks etc.) and it's just very unsettling for me. Of course, I also can't believe my son, who was a baby in diapers what feels like yesterday, will be in first grade next fall.

Then I got to work and found out my boss had changed my job responsibilities *once again* without discussing it with me, so I heard it from someone else. This time I actually got so mad that I went to HR and had an off the record venting session with the director there. I just feel like someone needs to have some knowledge of what is going on. Our whole school gets raises that take effect on July 1 (although we don't all get paid on that day, the raise becomes effective on that day). We haven't had a raise in two years so of course everyone is very anxious to find out the amount of their raise. The whole school has received their raise letters from their department heads - except my department. For whatever reason, the information is being withheld from us.

I am determined that today is going to be a better day, or at least I hope so. I feel mad and upset but I am proud I DID NOT go off plan last night with wine and chips as I soooooooo wanted to do. Sorry for the vent, and I hope everyone else has a great day today.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:23 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Matilda, I hope today is much better for you. "Make it so."

Thundering is a good title for today as we seem to be drowning. Yesterday we had an earthquake, not noticed by the dogs and I who were doing pet therapy, and today rain is expected all day. Donna comes to clean and will have a job keeping up with the paw prints. It's a good thing she loves my dogs almost as much as I do. I'm hoping to work on a quilt when she's here and just keep out of her way.

Whoops! Just remembered I have four big baskets of strawberries to process this morning so had better get started. I plan to dry most of them as they are just wonderful on oatmeal in January!

Another storm is moving in so I'd better get the trash out to the road before it hits. Have a to start your day.
Old 06-24-2010, 06:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning! I'm enjoying my hot coffee now, as I sure won't want it later. It's in the 80s already this morning, and the day is supposed to be a real cooker.

Matilda, I'm sorry yesterday was so stressful for you. I will tell you something though, the last day of school never gets easier, even as the kids get older. I still shed a few tears and I've seen most of the other parents looking teary-eyed, too. So we're all normal. I hope your department finds out about your raises today! And good for you for not caving in to food as a crutch!

Ruth, at least I'm glad the earthquake didn't affect you! I was surprised to hear about it and find out that it was felt not too far from here. I remember those delectable strawberries we had last summer, did you get them from the same farm? They were wonderful!

My girls got in last night, and I'm eager to get over there this morning to see them and hear all the stories about their little vacation with daddy. I haven't made any plans for today, but it will probably involve some pool time. Cindy has a polo game this evening, so it will probably be a late day for me.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:00 AM   #4  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning It's a bit muggy here but nothing like Cottage's 80 degrees.

Matilda - Your boss sounds like a very frustrating person to deal with. Hope today is a better day.

Ruth - I was just worrying this morning that I haven't had a chance to pick any berries yet this year. I was hoping to garden and pick this afternoon but it looks like we will have more storms instead. I may just break down and buy a couple of flats so we have some berries for winter cereal. Happy quilting

Cottage - Bet the girls had a great time in Maine and what perfect weather! Whatever you do today hope it is cool.

I've got a busy morning then afternoon off. I had planned tomorrow afternoon just because I had a leftover half day to use by the 3oth. Of course something came up so I'm not going to return to work after my dentist's appt. this afternoon. If it does rain I'll probably just grocery shop and clean. How exciting
Old 06-24-2010, 07:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good Thursday morning. Is it just me or is the week and summer flying by!

Matilda - So sorry you had such a day yesterday but how great that you didn't eat because of it.

Ruth - An earthquake! Strawberries sound yummy, fresh or dried.

Linda - Yesterday was in the 90s here but so cold in my basement (where the office and computer are) that I had hot tea in the afternoon. Have a great day with the girls.

Cyndi - My life is equally exciting. But sometimes that is a good thing.

Went to the farmers market yesterday for the first time this season and got some yummy tomatoes. And asparagus, green beans, peaches and some herbs that DH wants to plant but I have no idea how to use in cooking. Today is a big shopping day - tomorrow we head to the lake for the weekend with friends and we are bringing most of the food. Which is good because I have more control that way.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:26 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 212/195/155

Height: 5' 8.5"

Today was not a wake up day, but it had to be. Two kids to the dentist at 8am ugh! But I got through. Now for something to eat. I did what I wasn't supposed to and haven't eaten yet and now I"m too hungry. A couple of eggs should not spoil anything. Maybe toast and some v8. Off to the kitchen.
Old 06-24-2010, 09:40 AM   #7  
Be happy.

Good morning friends!

I had a long, busy day yesterday, but it was a really nice one. My schedule is so different when I'm at my mom's - I kept expecting to get online but I never quite found time to post. It was very warm here, but we managed to get a great walk in on the Nashua River Rail Trail. It's shady most of the way and there was a nice breeze to keep the worst of the bugs away. I was able to get a couple of kayak rides in too, and also managed to do some housework and errands. It's amazing how fast I can work when I'm anxious to go out and play!

Ruth, I've never once noticed an earthquake. We get them a couple of times a year in our part of Maine and Fergie and I always think, "Hmm, a log truck." Yours was felt around here, too - my mom's neighbor swears she felt it, but as usual I was oblivious. Enjoy your quilting today!

Karen, responsible for most of the food? Big responsibility, but I agree it makes it sooo much easier to eat well. I end up with that job for family gatherings and I don't really mind, but I always seem to let someone down... I've got a picky clan.

Cyndi, I was thinking of you when I was kayaking yesterday. I know you were thinking of buying kayaks at one time... did you ever get them? I remember wondering if we were being extravagant when we bought ours (we still had kids in college and money was pretty tight) but they've been a wonderful investment. I never dreamed we'd use them so much and enjoy them as much as we do.

Matilda, Linda is right. The end of school year is unsettling for everyone... Even as a teacher it's an emotional time. My own kids are 26 and just about 28 now and I can still get teary over things in their lives. (Job promotions and/or job problems, romances going well or ending, etc.) I think it just goes along with being a parent.

Cat, we go back around Labor Day but I believe we have more time off during the school year. In our neck of the woods it's cheaper to close up shop for a longer Christmas break and then another week in February because it saves on heating costs.

Good morning Jarlie, I bet you're glad to have the dentist appointments behind you.

Debbie, how's VBS going?

Hello to the rest of you, too. Have a great day friends!
Old 06-24-2010, 10:40 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Running by quickly and waving and hope you all have a great day!!

Karen, I am really into herbs and herb gardening and would be happy to share suggestions. I really depend on my herb garden when cooking for flavorful food.
Old 06-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started this AM, Matilda. I hope your day is better than yesterday!

I got up early and got some stuff done then went back to bed. I'm dragging a bit today. I made a push and got food ready, bike loaded, neighbor kids belted in and to VBS with my laptop. I'm saying hi from the church. My moving friend is coming here to have me look at some paperwork.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #10  
Atkins Girl For Life

S/C/G: 227.5/154/140

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon my new friends!

My kids are at mom's for a few days, so I went back to sleep when Dh left for work. It was thundering and raining then, so I induldged! Hey.. isn't that what summer is for? I am a teacher, so I have learned to enjoy my summers like tomorrow is the first day of school ~ because it starts back way too soon here! BUT.... when I went to plug in the pool pump I saw a shower coming from one of the hoes. Iyiyi Lucy! ~ Needless to say 2 pool stores later (glad I live in the city), I got my new hose hooked up and all is fine with the pool world for now! I also discoverd we left a water hose on (that has a trigger attachment on it), and the pressure from the water caused it to burst a whole and the entire hose was swollen! LOL ~ Craziest thing!

My main goal today was to get into the kids room and go through their clothes and toys, which I will do soon. (Wife swap starts at 3, so I will do it and watch mindless tv at the same time!)
Old 06-24-2010, 04:25 PM   #11  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Sheila, I'm with you..every day off of school is a celebration!! By the time I go back, I'm ready and gung ho to work my tail off and give all I've got to my babies, but summer is ME time. Found out yesterday I have to go to a week long in service at the end of July and wanted to jump off a roof. Sure it will be very informative, but still that ME time being flushed!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #12  
Atkins Girl For Life

S/C/G: 227.5/154/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by femmecreole View Post
Sheila, I'm with you..every day off of school is a celebration!! By the time I go back, I'm ready and gung ho to work my tail off and give all I've got to my babies, but summer is ME time. Found out yesterday I have to go to a week long in service at the end of July and wanted to jump off a roof. Sure it will be very informative, but still that ME time being flushed!
I too have a conference to go to in July (3 days away from home and responsibilities to have some girl time afterwards each evening with a few of my coworkers though is worth it!). And then of course the week long inservice in August with a first day of school on August 23rd.

It is going way too fast!!
Old 06-24-2010, 05:25 PM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Heidi - I have trail envy! I offered to do the food since I am the picky one and the dieting one and these friends have done lots of other types of things for us. Plus they both work and neither DH or I do. Got lots of veggies and salad today.

Cat - You are so sweet to offer He got oregano and chives only, I guess. I told him he'd need to figure out how to dry the oregano and the lady selling it said "I use it in my marinara sauce" and I hated to admit I have never made that! He did not get many others since I had no idea how to use thyme or whatever else. Sigh.

Hi Debbie and Sheila.

Got in a bike ride today
Closed Thread