South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-20-2010, 11:55 AM   #1  

Default Is Taco Mix allowed to have in Phase 1??

Yesterday I had taco salad and I had made ground turkey taco meat..now I'm wondering..is that allowed??

you know, I have the South Beach Supercharged book and I'm wondering if I need the original one? What do you think?

Also, I am using my plate to track my calories and wow..there is a LOT of fat percentage in my diet! Is that normal for phase 1? I have over 100 lbs to lose and just want to get through phase 1. I know I'll be fine once I do. Part of me says to just go with the flow and not worry about it.

Julie
juju814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #2  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

I just checked my packaged mix, and the ingredients are spices, salt, garlic powder, onion powder. sugars are 0. Check your ingredients, if there are no starches or flours, and no sugars, you should be fine. I use it with no incident. If your mix isn`t legal you can also do a homemade taco seasoning.

Re the supercharged book, yes that`s the one I have. Its his newest one so the food lists are more accurate (more dairy etc), though I did get out the first one from the libraray after because reading about the plan keeps me motivated , plus I wanted to see if I was missing anything. I found the first book better written (more actual book instead of recipes and exercises) but the principles are the same, there is a lot of repitition.

In short you don`t need both books, but you may at some point want to read the original as well.
And, welcome!!!!!!

Last edited by Natalia; 06-20-2010 at 12:17 PM.
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Make sure you are using 90% lean meats and RF cheeses, limiting nut and fat servings to what's allowed. Otherwise I wouldn't worry about the fat percentage in Phase I.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:23 PM   #4  

Height: 5'8"

What is the percentage of fat? We have been brainwashed to think that anything over 20% is unhealthy/means you won't lose weight. It's not true. Can you post a daily menu?
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 03:09 PM   #5  
Atkins Girl For Life

S/C/G: 227.5/154/140

Height: 5'4"

Julie, I imagine the fat might be high, but if your eating like the plan is written it is GOOD fats. They never seperate the good from the bad on tracking sites. I decided, for that reason I am going to follow dr.A's advice and simply NOT track calories, carbs, fats..... just so I dont get mentally overwhelmed. Been that way personally (as a former Atkins girl) for far too long It feels good to let go.
sckakame is offline   Reply With Quote