South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 06:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Weekend Beach Happenings!

Good morning and Happy Saturday!

We're picking up little Tyler to spend the day with us in about an hour so Andrea can get ready for their neighborhood yardsale. We're taking him out for breakfast and then coming home to spend the rest of this hot muggy day in the pool.
I found hollyhocks yesterday at my favorite nursery, along with a new variety of zinnia that Jake really likes, and I got everything planted. My flower beds are really popping with color this summer!

What's happening on your weekend?
Old 06-12-2010, 06:22 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning. It's rainy so I am going to soak in the tub with my book and coffee until it's time to get dressed. I have the Mill AGM at ten, a lunch date after that and will be at the Spaghetti Supper by four. I'm going to help set up, do my official greeter thing with the first wave of guests and then come home. Another seriously overbooked weekend begins!

Next weekend is all mine and I intend to keep it that way!
Old 06-12-2010, 06:45 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

I'm up early and just finished some reports for my animal rescue group. Office cleanup, dog walking at 730, perhaps a short stop at the pool, grocery shopping and a BBQ at 4. I always make the salad at potlucks so I can keep my dinner organic. I may saute a little tofu for the side instead of partaking in BBQ chicken. Thats it here!
Old 06-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning ladies. Look like another busy day for you all. I am packing today. I AM. Unfortunately, we are going to sit and listen to a sales pitch from a young man we know who is selling knives over the summer. He says we don't have to buy. Sigh. And today or tomorrow I am going to see what yummy, OP, high fiber/protein prepared food I can find at Whole Foods or Dean and Deluca to take to eat on the plane tomorrow for dinner. I'd love a bean salad but to make one at home would be wayyyy to much.
Old 06-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #5  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

It's another Disney day for us!! And this time, we're spending the night. We've told my son that this will be the last Disney trip for this summer. It's just too hot to be walking around theme parks!! Future summer activities will have to involve something indoors. To put it in perspective, the heat index here yesterday was 108. The temperature was in the 90's, but the real problem is the humidity. The humidity right now is just insane.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:13 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Morning all!
Cottage, what are the new zinnias? Are they "short"? I've been looking for seeds around here of a short variety to put in my herb garden.
Ruth, sounds like you need that long soak before a super busy day!!
Lex, good idea on bringing that salad..it sounds wonderful.
Waisting, have a great time on your trip...a spa trip sounds like heaven!! (can you see how green I am?)
FC, hear you on the heat..it's overwhelming. It got up to 117 here yesterday w/heat index. I had to run over to Target yesterday and it was kind of funny, there was a group of about 5 of us leaving the store, walking out of the air condition at the same time, and everyone went "ugggggggh" when the brick wall of heat and humidity hit us.

Me..not sure if we are going to the Vieux To Do today or not (combination of 3 festivals: Seafood, Creole Tomatoes, and Zydeco) Husband has the "ick"...sinus infection big time and we are thinking that the heat may make him worse...or the beer may cure him! Found a pretty good natural cough medicine yesterday...ground up grapes and honey. Working well.
If he isn't feeling better when he wakes up, then we can just hang out here. We have been looking forward to it for a year since the one last year which was fantastic.

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-12-2010 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 08:30 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Cat - my DH says beer cures everything. I think they'd get along well!
Cottage - bet it'll look beautiful!!
Ruth - hopefully a glass of wine (or a scotch?!?!) tonight?
Debbie - I bet they deeply appreciate all the work you do for the rescue...both the humans and animals.
Karen - how'd you get sucked into a demo?
FCMonroe - our family has GOT to do Disney sometime, soon I hope.

Me - had a little fender bender last night, her fault. But now, I don't want my kids in the van, since the door doesn't close properly easily and they're too important. I felt bad at 4 am when I couldn't sleep, both ladies had on black dresses, I think they were in town for a funeral (or a wedding if formal?). Maybe that explains why they were so mean to me.

Have to go to work today . But, it is a beautiful day! Going to have the first set of turnip greens out of the garden!!
Old 06-12-2010, 09:10 AM   #8  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Karen, are those knives cutco by chance?
If so, they are fantastic. My parents gave me a set the first time I got married in '78 and they are still in wonderful shape. About 10 years ago a neighbor kid was selling them and since I already had my set, I wasn't really interested till he brought out this chopping knife:
I thought it was horribly expensive, but bought it anyway. I LOVE that knife and couldn't live without it. I even brought it with me to NC to cook Christmas dinner the last year my Dad was alive. I treat it like gold. No one touches that knife but me or I'd chop their fingers off with it.

Last edited by femmecreole; 06-12-2010 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:37 AM   #9  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Downpour here today. Tried to go downtown to Farmer's Market, but it was raining so hard that the streets were filling up with water, so they had to close down. We grabbed some breakfast & coffee quickly from one vendor and he gave us 4 chocolate muffins for free. I won't be eating those! Supposed to get very steamy here later. I love weekends now since my husband started his new job. In his old controller job he had to go in every Saturday to keep the books up and doesn't have that pressure anymore, so he's all mine! Nothing much planned today. My eating has been OP the last 4 weeks and the scale is finally getting back to my normal maintenance weight, so I'm feeling much better. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Last edited by murphmitch; 06-12-2010 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 175/144/125

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcmonroe View Post
It's another Disney day for us!! And this time, we're spending the night. We've told my son that this will be the last Disney trip for this summer. It's just too hot to be walking around theme parks!! Future summer activities will have to involve something indoors. To put it in perspective, the heat index here yesterday was 108. The temperature was in the 90's, but the real problem is the humidity. The humidity right now is just insane.

I'm in the same boat as you, it is so hot, terrrible storm up here in jacksonville probably from all the heat ! It is so hard to force myself outside to even walk the dog. 15 minute walk leaves you drenched in sweat !
I think I'll hit the beach and cool off in the water today
Old 06-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello everyone,

We got back from the Komen race around 11 a.m. there was over 70 K people in the race, an amazing sight. DH ran, I was going to run but we had two big bags we ended up collecting full of free giveaways, so I ended up carrying them and power walking instead. It was a lot of fun though.

Sounds like everyone is doing well except for the Southern chicks with their super high humidity. We will get there soon enough.

Have a wonderful afternoon and evening everyone.
Old 06-12-2010, 03:22 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Hey, everyone! I meant to get in here sooner today, but the garden tasks I thought would take 1.5 hrs tops took 3.5. Oops! Oh well. On the great side, I got all the weeding done plus hoed up all the rows as some were deteriorating due to erosion. It'll be much easier to maintain now. On the not so great side, I may have gotten a little too much sun and a bit overheated, and I have some fresh blisters on my hands just in time for church tomorrow. Yuck.

After all that time outside I'm going to just stay in and take it easy. Dinner's easy and already prepped, so I'm just going to sink into the couch and drink some iced tea and get started on my Beck books.

Hope everyone's having a wonderful Saturday!
Old 06-12-2010, 07:11 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Cat, I tossed out the little tags that came with the zinnias, but they are supposed to stay bushy and grow no taller than 10". They have a spiky flowers 3" flowers on them, and one variety is yellow with an orange center and the other is pink with a red center. Very pretty. I wish I could remember the name of them for you.

We had a great day with the grandkids. Amber decided she wanted to spend the day with us, especially since Grandpop opened the pool. Amber can swim pretty well, and Tyler thinks he can, lol! We can't take our eyes off him for a second. It was fun to have them all day, but they sure did wear Jake and I out. We were even too tired to cook and went up the street to Applebee's for supper.
Tomorrow is supposed to be another hot day and I'm sure all the kids will be here again for swimming and a BBQ. Welcome to summer at Jake and Linda's, LOL!
Old 06-12-2010, 08:48 PM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

Twynn and Cat - The parents of the "salesman" are friends of ours and he is a friend of my sons. His folks said it would really help him out and we should not feel obligated to buy. But it was hard not to! They were indeed cutco and I DO need new knives so I told him I would research and get back to him.

I am mostly packed. OVER packed. But I have to check a bag (free) so go big or go home

Catch ya in the morning.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Coffee, Church, more coffee, Cemetery Memorial Service with coffee, Fish Fry supper where I'll skip the coffee.

Had a good time at the spaghetti supper fundraiser last night. I put a starting bid on several silent auction items and ended up with a week in a house in Cape Breton at the end of August. Now to decide what to do. A week in that isolation sounds good right now.

Hope your Sunday is peaceful and fun.
Closed Thread