3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Getting the baby weight OFF! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/204080-getting-baby-weight-off.html)

dizzylille 06-08-2010 05:25 PM

Getting the baby weight OFF!

Hi all,
I am having serious trouble losing the baby weight. (My baby is 15 months old). I lost about 25 pounds doing SB a few years ago. So I know it works. I've just gotten so used to putting whatever I want in my mouth (baby's leftover grilled cheese, goldfish crackers, etc.) Today is day one of Phase 1. So I'm trying to retrain myself to be aware of what I'm putting in my body!! My weight today at the doctor's was 188--my all time high:(.
My temptations are alcohol and fast food. I also have a stress fracture in my foot--so I can't run like I did before.

Thanks for all the recipes and support!!

TwynnB 06-08-2010 07:18 PM

I know what you mean!! That's why us moms put on weight. Why throw away those few crackers/side dish/meat/dessert, when we could eat it!!

This diet is great at helping with cravings, hope it helps you too!

(my kids are 5 and 7)

Lexxiss 06-08-2010 11:53 PM

Welcome!

Mmckellen 06-09-2010 06:33 AM

Hi and welcome! Alcohol is also a weak point for me. After Phase 1 you can have some. I generally don't have any during the week, only on the weekends, and that helps me limit it. If you are remaining alcohol free during Phase 1, I recommend that you NOW research some fun snacks you can have when you have that first glass of wine or whatever. The cheese crackers are great and so is popcorn. If you are anything like me, you need something to put in your mouth when you have a drink and if you don't plan ahead, it's going to be chips. Good luck, and come back often!

Heidi58 06-09-2010 06:40 AM

:welcome2: Hello, it's great to have you here!

WaistingTime 06-09-2010 07:27 AM

Nice to meet you:)

jenn33082 06-09-2010 04:00 PM

Welcome! I'm a new mom also. My little guy will be 1 on June 22nd (ACK!) I don't really drink so giving up alcohol has not been an issue for me. I do enjoy fast food, so I just avoid it completely! If i need to pick up something for lunch, we have a wonderful salad/wrap place in our mall food court so I'll go there. Normally though, I always make enough for dinner that I'll have some to take for lunch the next day.

dizzylille 06-09-2010 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jenn33082 (Post 3332818)
Welcome! I'm a new mom also. My little guy will be 1 on June 22nd (ACK!) I don't really drink so giving up alcohol has not been an issue for me. I do enjoy fast food, so I just avoid it completely! If i need to pick up something for lunch, we have a wonderful salad/wrap place in our mall food court so I'll go there. Normally though, I always make enough for dinner that I'll have some to take for lunch the next day.

That's the way to do it! I'm cooking SO MUCH and the leftovers are saving me:) Glad to meet all of you!

allmylife 06-09-2010 10:58 PM

Welcome! I'm workin on the baby weight as well...from two pregnancies lol. I tried SB in my teens and lost around 15lbs. the first 2 weeks, but never made it pass that. I just didn't have the will power I guess. I've been doing pretty good eating less and exercising, but I've been thinking of SB again to change things up. I'm soooo bad about eating the kids leftovers!
Question: Have you noticed that at the same weight before baby you could wear a smaller size, where as after baby you are busting out? I used to wear a 16 at 190, but since two kids they are too tight at the same weight. Is that a problem for you?

jenn33082 06-10-2010 10:53 AM

I've definitely notices a difference in my tummy area since after having my LO last June. The lower half is much poochier than it used to be. I really need to work on getting some ab excercises in every other day to try to fix that. Other than that, my body pretty much is back to normal.

dizzylille 06-10-2010 12:50 PM

Oh yeah. The lower pooch stinks bigtime. In my case, everything is tight:). I still have my pre-pregnancy clothes that I WILL get back into. But I just feel totally different in my abdominals--how could I not, right? I'm doing those leg-lift cruches on the floor to try and tighten those up. But I hear things will never be the same. SIGH. This time around I am being tempted by all the stuff my baby eats that I still make for him. This morning I tasted his oatmeal and scream (spit it out and washed my mouth out). My husband thought I had lost it. REAL hard making a grilled cheese and not having a taste:) But that;s what he's eating at the present. Good to meet you!!!
L