South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 06-07-2010, 03:58 PM   #1  
NewFoundMe

S/C/G: 183/174/140

Height: 5' 6"

Default South Beach Living Diet Bars?

Hi, has anyone tried or do eat the South Beach Living Diet Bars? They look incredible. I crave something sweet after dinner and was thinking that these may be the answer. What are your thoughts?
Bensmom2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:32 PM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

I don't know these but have eaten the SB protein bars. I don't recommend them because I find they tend to make me overeat. But you may have more self-control than I do. I DO keep a few around, one in my purse even, for times I am caught away from home and really need a snack. But I now only buy my least favorite flavor.

I also like something sweet after dinner; years of conditioning I think. I have a sf chocolate pudding cup most nights.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #3  
NewFoundMe

Thank you for your thoughts...I was thinking about buying them but didn't read much about them here on the site. I think I will try some SF chocolate pudding instead! Thanks
Old 06-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

or try the frozen peanut butter cup from the recipe section... its rich and delish!
RiverGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Most of us think Dr. A. sold out on some of the South Beach convenience foods. They don't support the healthy, unprocessed food principles that South Beach was built on. I personally could not stop with one, too much like the cr@p food I used to eat.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:17 AM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

I've never tried one, but when I did Atkins years ago the Atkins bars were my undoing. I think it's also a matter of trying to train your palate to appreciate simpler foods. Do you like the ricotta creme? That also gives you real calcium and protein.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:22 AM   #7  
NewFoundMe

I tried the frozen peanut butter cup last night!! Oh my Goodness.....it was just what I needed. I bought the peanut butter in the deli of then grocery store because all that it is is smooshed peanuts and it was SO GOOD! Thank you! Just what I needed!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:47 AM   #8  
Be happy.

I've done South Beach Diet twice and got to my goal weight both times.

The first time I had teenagers at home, my DH was working long hours and wasn't interested in fixing family meals and I was working full time as a k teacher and part time teaching adult ed courses. I had way more ambition than time and we were used to eating snack bars/junk food regularly anyway, so I ate a lot of processed foods as part of my SBD plan, including the SBD snack bars and frozen meals. I don't remember struggling more with cravings when I ate that way, but I did eat a lot of SF jello, pudding, candies and sodas. I know it was a lot more expensive - but I was okay with that. I lost my weight and kept it off without much struggle.

I slowly gained the weight back (+ some) when I started taking prednisone and other medications a year or so later, and when I got up over 200 lbs again I got fed up and came back to South Beach. My DH is retired, our kids are grown and living on their own and I only work one job, so I've had more time to think about what kind of foods I want to eat. This time my focus has been less on losing weight and more on feeling better and being healthful so I avoid the snack bars, frozen meals, etc and eat more vegetables, fruits and nuts than I ever have. I spend more time planning and preparing meals and snacks now, but the longer I eat this way the easier and quicker it gets.

For people who have the time and the desire to stick to less processed foods, I heartily recommend it. I feel so much better eating this way and it's really much easier and more economical than I realized. But for those who don't or can't, the snack bars and meals are a convenient option.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 191/Ticker/140

Height: 5'3" Age 51

Hi! I am not following the SB plan. I am counting calories, watching fat, increasing fiber and water, etc.

BUT, I did pick up some of the Whipped Berry Snack bars today and really like them. So far I can control my eating of these types of things. I have been looking for something to replace my beloved () Slim Fast Optima Chocolate Cookie Dough bars that were discontinued. I plan to try their Whipped Chocolate Almond if I can find them.

The SB bars are 100 cal., 3 g fat, 3 g fiber and 5 g protein.

http://brands.kraftfoods.com/SouthBeachLiving/sbl/

For me and my plan, it isn't realistic to think I will never eat sugary treats again. I try to find reasonable things to fill that need for myself.
AnnieDrews is offline   Reply With Quote