Need food ideas

• I started the beach 2 days ago and I am staving! I was a carb/fruit addict and hit a plateau, so I thought this might be the way to lose the last 18lbs. However, I am always hungry!!! I drink about 2L of water thinking it will fill be up, but it has worked.

Anyone have some tricks of the beach they can share??
  • you shouldn't have to be hungry. At all!
    snack on veggies with dip
    cottage cheese, straight up or with plain yogurt and splenda
    ricotta creme desserts
    peanut butter cup dessert
    roasted chickpeas
    fried zucchini with ranch dip
    cheesestring, pickles and some nuts
    1 minute muffin
    1 minute chocolate cake
    crispy pepperoni
    you can also have skinny latte from starbucks (saved me in p1)
    try mixing 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder with a squodge of natural pb and a stitch of cool whip. Not pretty but zaps cravings.
    V-8 juice!
    PB on celery
    hummus?
    taco salad (w/o the taco)
  • Also, in particular, make sure you're getting enough beans and dairy. Use your 2c of dairy, and at least one serving of beans. That means the diffeence between feeling like you're in heroin detox or something very manageable and pleasant
    Good luck!
  • Beans, beans, beans, beans....they fill you up!!!!
  • It helps me to have a big breakfast with lots of veggies. If you are eating all the veggies and having some protein with each meal or snack I think you'll find that the hunger will go away.
  • Quote: I started the beach 2 days ago and I am staving! I was a carb/fruit addict and hit a plateau, so I thought this might be the way to lose the last 18lbs. However, I am always hungry!!! ?
    Personally, I was very hungry the first few days. But I also think part of it for me was true hunger and part was a fixation on food... just thinking about it all the time those first few days... making me feel hungrier. I think beans help. Nuts as a snack, or peanuts, were also more filling for me. And you really do need to eat a ton of veggies. I eat a couple cups as an afternoon snack now.

BTW - While the first week was very hard for me, it gets easier
  • It does get easier. I was actually very full and almost nauseous on day 3 of Phase I. It helps to eat every 3 hours or so. The 4 1/2 cups of veggies per day left me very full. Make sure you get in your 2 Tbs of good fats and the beans really help!
  • Thanks, gals....you are all awesome. I will try the beans idea and all the snacks listed. I will keep going and hopefully it all works out. Thanks again, you all helped and I love the support!!
  • maybe your to good at dieting and your body is rebeling. i have found that i am so good if i count calories that i end up with 20 grams of fat with 2000 calories. the result is i'm so hungry from lack of fat that i end up feeling like i'm starving all the time. it may be your bodies way of telling you your lacking something.

maybe if you switch things around and try different foods, all nuts or pb and make sure to get beans in and you may feel alot better.