3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   New Here... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/203647-new-here.html)

candacem86 06-03-2010 08:06 PM

New Here...

Hi, everyone! I'm new here...just joined a few minutes ago. I really want to get involved here to encourage me and therefore, lose more weight! I've been on SBD since the beginning of May, and I've only lost about 5 pounds. :( I go to a weekly weigh-in program which also provides an incentive for me. My whole family is doing SBD together. I know I need to exercise more. That is probably my biggest issue. Anyway, I was wondering, any tips I need to know for getting really involved here?

A few "how do I's?"

How do I add a signature?
How do I cute one of those cute weight trackers?

Oh, and what is the On Plan Thread??

Thanks in advance! Looking forward to getting to know and losing with all of you!

cottagebythesea 06-03-2010 08:42 PM

:welcome: to The Beach, Candace! I'm glad you are jumping right in, and please feel free to join in any thread you want here. I do hope you've read the book before starting SBD, just so you'll understand exactly how it works and why certain foods are to be avoided. We keep our food lists updated in our FAQ section, but it's still essential to read the book for the fundamentals of this plan.

You can create a signature by clicking onto the user CP that is in the upper left hand corner. But you'll have to be here a full 20 days and have 20 posts before you can create a ticker. And the On-Plan Thread is where we ONLY discuss the diet. We can talk about our personal lives in the daily thread, which is usually a silly title with the day of the week in the name.

You've certainly come to the right place to get lots of support and motivation, and don't be afraid to ask questions. Everyone here is helpful and eager to help you make this plan a success.

Good luck, and we look forward to learning more about you!

WaistingTime 06-03-2010 09:11 PM

:welcome2: This is a great place to hang out for support, motivation, answers, friendship. You'll love it.

Natalia 06-03-2010 09:19 PM

Hi Candace! Nice to meet you :)
You'll like it here, the WOE is great, and the girls here at 3FC are fantastic and full of knowledge

candacem86 06-03-2010 10:16 PM

Thank you!!

Oh, and yes, I've read the book...twice actually. :)

It definitely helps to have the whole family doing this together. If there's nto bread or carbs in the house, or if meals aren't being made that way, I'm not tempted to eat it.

femmecreole 06-04-2010 08:37 AM

That's great that your whole family is involved!!

When I started this journey, I told my husband he was in it too...he had no choice since I'm the cook around here. He went along and no complaints. He has a history of colon cancer in his family, so I thought it would benefit him too even though he's a skinny minny. He used to have a lot of stomach issue..indigestion etc and that is now history.

Watercolor 06-04-2010 12:51 PM

Cat - That's great news about your husband feeling better on SBD!!!

CANDACE - a GREAT BIG :welcome: TO YA!!! I JUST GOT HERE, TOO.

tarheelchick 06-04-2010 02:15 PM

Welcome, Candace. Congrats on your weight loss thus far. Every pound counts, and I know it's easy to get discouraged when it goes slower than we hope/expect. There are lots of great tips and recipes around here, and it's definitely motivating for me because I'm doing it alone :)

candacem86 06-05-2010 11:37 AM

Thanks, everyone, for the warm and encouraging welcome!!

Lexxiss 06-05-2010 06:51 PM

Hi Candace:sunny: and :welcome2:

My family eats with me, too, and my DH and I have never felt better. I think the two things I would say to a newcomer would be
1) Post daily to prepare for the time you want to succomb to sabotaging thoughts
2) learn about the nutritional benefits of this WOE so you can learn to be content with making positive health changes when the scale isn't moving.

Best Wishes!

candacem86 06-07-2010 03:27 PM

One more question, please!

Is the On Plan Thread where we can post what we are eating every day? It seems that people just post their menus there.

RiverGirl 06-07-2010 06:16 PM

Candace- yes, the weekly 'on plan' thread is where alot of us post our daily menus (for me posting my menu there keeps me honest)