South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 05:13 AM   #1  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Default Feisty Friday

at least that's the cats interpretation of this day. Apparently 4:30 is just the right time to play chase, right up and over the bed where the human is sleeping. Time for some coffee Hope you morning is a little more gentle. I'll be back after I pour a mug.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:46 AM   #2  
I've lost over 15 pounds!

S/C/G: 242/225.5/170

Height: 5' 6"

Finally slept through the night!! I've been getting up at 4 am for the past few days. I'm hoping that by going to bed at 9:30 last night I won't be as tired. The past few days I've been really tired.

And it's almost the long weekend!! I'm looking forward to getting some extra rest.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:51 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

It appears you have some feisty felines on this feisty Friday morning, Cyndi. I hope your mug of coffee helps put the day in perspective!

We had some big storms rumbling through all night, and woke up to most of the clocks flashing off and on. Jake was wise to get himself a wind-up alarm clock to make sure he gets up on time! It's looking to be stormy all day today, so I think I'll take advantage of it to run a few errands and finish cleaning.

Coffee is tasting especially good this morning.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:12 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Cyndi, thanks for getting us started on this last Friday in May. I wish your kitties could help mine out with some exercise. Hope your coffee is smooth!

Frances, I hope you're cruising into the weekend without any bumps. I'm wondering if you live close to your school.

Linda, oh! Day off! With any luck you can get your errands and cleaning done so your weekend will be open for fun things.

The pups have been out, laundry is started, and I'm going to work my way through the house. Mom is very fruit thirsty as it gets hotter so I have organic strawberries and cherries to process this morning. She went with me to the brain injury support group last night then we returned home for the pups. They got to cruise in the park and then we went back to the pool for an evening soak. Today will probably be more of the same. Food has been OP. She's happy eating whatever I fix. She follows a modified SBD which includes unlimited ice cream.

Have a Feisty Friday everyone!
Old 05-28-2010, 06:12 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

I'm back and caffeinated I think the birds are getting the cats worked up in the mornings. This has been going on for a few days. Ah well, it's Friday and I'm getting out a little early so I'll just enjoy the relaxing wind-up to the day.

Francis - Hooray for sleeping through the night! Any plans for the long weekend or just plenty of relaxing? With all the stress lately relaxing and extra sleep sound perfect.

Cottage - It will be nice to get the errands out of the way while everyone else is still working. Bet the stores will be crazy this weekend. Enjoy your day

It will be a very mellow work day though there will be some catching up from yesterday's unplanned closure day. I already had appt.s at 10:30 and 12:30. I'll visit a provider friend after my lunch meeting and pick up some tomatoes (mine aren't doing so well luckily she has lots extra). Then home with a quick stop to pick up a book I lent another provider. I hope to be home for the weekend at least an hour earlier than usual

Hmm, maybe a little more coffee first

ETA - good morning Debbie. Didn't see you sneak in there while I was posting A couple of our farms have early strawberries. I thought they were greenhouse grown but had a CSA tour last night and they are out in the field! I'm going to experiment with a strawberry rhubarb mock cobbler if it's cool enough to bake this weekend. I adore strawberry rhubarb anything

Last edited by CyndiM; 05-28-2010 at 06:39 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 06:33 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy Long Weekend, my American friends! I may go over and check out our cemetery later today just to prove I am 1/4 Yankee.

Cyndi, my critters slept in a bit this morning so our birds must be more muted than mine although the loons sure can holler. Hope you get your weekend started earlier.

Francis, glad you are taking the weekend to catch up on some rest. We do get into loops of poor sleep.

Cottage, a day indoors sounds cozy. I hope the storms clear for the weekend. I can envision you outside on the patio admiring your garden.

Debbie, I am fruit thirsty these days too but the strawberries are just in bloom around here so it'll be another three weeks. I may get some watermelon over the weekend.

A bit achy this morning but the end is in sight. I need to go and buy some more earth for three remaining barrels, plant them and then I'll be done. I don't feel one bit guilty about not going to the gym this week. My body is surviving but grumbling a bit.

Over the weekend I will work on my own garden stuff! My tomatoes, peppers, squashes are languishing in their pots waiting for the garden to be tilled. Unfortunately Moel is really tied up with construction jobs at the Old Mill - big 200th next weekend - but I may dig small patches and plant my squashes in the middle of the weeds. Then I'll tackle the tilling between the plants with my wee Mantis tiller.

There will definitely be deck and porch time on the schedule.

There are just a few days left in May so let's enjoy this weekend!
Old 05-28-2010, 06:40 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Ruth - I have a catbird that "sings" outside my window at 4:15 and gets the cats all agitated. It's usually robins and I can ignore them but there is no ignoring a cat bird. Looking forward to Happy Hour on the porch
Old 05-28-2010, 07:29 AM   #8  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Cyndi, I hope your day is bump free and that the weekend, in fact, starts early! Our strawberries are from CA, but since my Sis in Law lives in the heart of strawberry country I consider them local. lol

Ruth, thank goodness the barrel duty is winding down! Yes, you have logged plenty of exercise this week. I hope you find some enjoyable porch duty!
Old 05-28-2010, 07:34 AM   #9  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning everyone. Another Friday rolls around. Last day of school for my teen. I'm glad and he is very glad. He did little to find a summer job so we will be nagging him starting next week to get volunteer hours done and work around the house. It won't be pretty. Today makes a week for me having cut out grains again. I have not decided what to do about adding them in. I don't miss them at meals at all. And I was overeating them for snacks. So I may just go without for a while. Now I have to watch the fruit since the great summer stuff is coming in

Hope everyone has a great day. Catch you later...
Old 05-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Cyndi- that is one way to get woke up, hope you get off a bit early today.

Frances- glad you got sleep, I am looking forward to the long weekend as well, even though I am oncall hopefully it will be quiet.

Cottage- enjoy your day off hope you get everything done.

Debbie- that sounded like a nice evening you and your Mom had. I brought strawberries to work for after lunch snack they look so good.

Ruth- have fun with the planting today, no need for guilt you need to mix up the routine all the time anyways it's good for the body.

Karen- both of my older kids are lifeguards- they work year round at a place that is like the ymca and then in the summer they work at the local pool as well. They still only work about 25 hours in the summer- now we just have to wait for the city pool to open they never open on time in our town- they just don't have their act together.

Today no wfh since we are interviewing for a position- DH is making all kinds of plans for this weekend I may take a more relaxed approach to the weekend. I know on Sunday though we will be going to the INDY500- 4 hour drive each way, the things I do to keep hubby happy

Have a great day everyone

Last edited by Pearlrose; 05-28-2010 at 08:24 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:32 AM   #11  

GOod morning folks. Just got home from work and made baby girl and I some smoked sausage and eggs...Heres hoping I get back on track
Old 05-28-2010, 10:49 AM   #12  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

2.5 hrs sleep. After the rule was carved in stone "No Dogs In The Bed," Chris finally brought Voodoo to bed in the middle of the night last night. She slept on my head. No, really. She had her tummy on the top of my head, two long legs and massive paws on one side of my head, and the other two on the other side of my head.

Just popping in. Didn't have time for dinner last night so I'm starved but still OP (unless skipping a meal is off plan.....)

Hope you girls have a great day.

Lisa
Old 05-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Mmmmmmmmm! I just bought a quart of just-picked local strawberries.

I may have to go back and get more!
Old 05-28-2010, 06:43 PM   #14  
Be happy.

Hello gals!

Again I couldn't get online this morning.
I sure was glad to see the router blinking when I got home this afternoon. It's embarrassing how much I look forward to my online time.

I nearly fainted when I got on the scale this morning - I saw 148. I'm not going to believe it's real til I see it again tomorrow, but it sure made me happy today!

We're heading to Massachusetts early in the morning. It's not always easy to make time to post while I'm there - but I'll pop in and read your posts. The challenge winds up on Monday, and I've been too busy to even think about a new one..... I probably won't participate in another one right now, but I'll be more than happy to make a new graphic and set one up for June/July if anyone is interested.

Enjoy those strawberries Linda. I'm looking forward to more rhubarb this weekend. Ours is still too small, but my mom's is ready.
Closed Thread