South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-18-2010, 02:09 PM   #1  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

Default Have stopped losing on Ph 2

And its discouraging me. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm still eating good, healthy meals. I'm eating half and apple a day, and SBD friendly bread every other day. I have tracked my calories and I'm on track...the only thing that seems maybe out of the ordinary is my fat is higher then Spark People wants it...but I don't really know how I can do anything different. Just wait this out? I just feel myself want to do flight instead of fight...but I'm trying to fight....oh and I'm exercising 4-6 times a week...
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:29 PM   #2  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

What week of phase 2 are you on? Is this your first week of phase 2? Also post your menu.

Tammie
tammies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

How long have you stalled? Stalls are a normal part of weight loss. I agree with posting your menus. Most of us have experienced weight loss plateaus and just have to stick to the plan and wait it out. Are you taking measurements for progress. Waist measurements are especially good to monitor progress.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'5"

I also experienced a long stall when I started phase 2, it's so frustrating! I don't really have any great advice except to stick with it. You will see results, even if it's not as quickly as you would like. Hang in there, it is worth it!
ChelseaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #5  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

Typical day is:
B: Egg muffin or scrambled eggs with veggies
S: Cheese stick or pistachios
L: Chicken Salad, small portion of chicken tons of veggies
S: Half an apple + slice of bread (every other day) sometimes if I am still hungry I will also have a serving of pistachios (only if haven't had a serving yet)
D: Another chicken salad or other SBD friendly meal (plus veggies if needed)
S: NSA Fudgesicle
I eat a lot of salads, because I LOVE them...this is my second week of Phase 2. I have been stuck between 224-227 for the whole 2 weeks. Last week on weigh in day I was at 224. I'm thinking I'm just expecting to much though, because I did have a meal at Olive Garden on Saturday that was off plan. For some reason I don't want to factor that in. I guess I will see what happens in the next week or so of eating on plan.
How often do you all have chocolate? There is some chocolate in the fridge that has been calling to me, but I feel so guilty eating it. Its one serving, 150 calories so its not too bad...I seriously think TOM is around the corner. I always crave chocolate around then.

Last edited by PinkHoodie; 05-18-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:15 PM   #6  
CouponDiva Extroardinaire

Pinkhoodie, don't do it!!!!

If you are already discouraged I would not be going for milk chocolate yet, it might play mind games with you and get you off plan

If you need chocolate, how about the 3 minute chocolate "cake"? I make it almost every night and it's scrumptious!! Have you tried ricotta cremes? I have and though I'm not fond of the pb cocoa one, I love it mixed with vanilla and splenda. Reminds me of the sweetened mascarpone in tiramisu. Yum.

Other chocolate possibilities- choc PB cup from the recipe section
- Jello SF pudding cup , preferably with a scoop of protein powder
As for the choc in the fridge, either throw it out for now or tell whoever it belongs to eat it ASAP
Natalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 06:30 PM   #7  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

That's the sad thing...it belongs to me!!! I portioned out one serving but I never ate it. It just sits in there taunting me...I usually have NSA fudgesicle and that is enough to satisfy the chocolate craving. I think a big part of what is happening is that I had that carby meal on Saturday and it has started a bunch of cravings...I will keep being strong though!
Old 05-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #8  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

If you went off plan at Olive Garden & TOM is due, I think you have the answer to your question. If it were me, I'd either throw out the chocolate (if it's milk chocolate) or eat it & enjoy it in a healthy portion.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:29 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

If it helps, I went through the same thing when I first started on P2. I also have PCOS, and after an awesome loss on P1, I stalled out my first couple weeks on P2. The scale eventually started moving again, but the changes I had to make were drinking a LOT more water (I thought I was drowning) and watching my portions like crazy.
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 274/274/180

Height: 5'6

Hi Pink Hoodie!

This is my 2nd week of SBD, and I know how you feel because I only lost 1 lb during the first week of phase 2...however, I took my measurements when I started the diet, and even though I only lost 1lb last week, I lost 2 inches from my waist and hips. Sometimes when you're stalled on the scale, you're not stalled everywhere and you can be losing inches but not losing weight. Just seeing my measurements kept me motivated for another week, but of course I'll have to see what the scale says on Monday (beginning of 3rd week on phase 2!) Hope this helps!
tab23 is offline   Reply With Quote