Ugh...I "think" I'm still hungry... :(

• So today is my first day on the SBD and I've eaten very good portions (i'm following the plan on the book so I can get used to it) - as I was eating my dinner I was feeling satisfied...I even had my dessert thing... Now, about 1.5hrs later I'm hungry - or so I think...I have issues identifying if I'm truly hungry. I haven't eaten anything because logically I shouldn't be hungry. How can I get the "hunger" off my mind??
  • Drink some hot tea or a big glass of water. If you havent' had your three servings of dairy you could drink a glass of milk. Milk helps me when I feel like I am hungry.

Tammie
  • a big cup of my favorite tea usually works for me. or if you don't have tea some fresh squeezed lemon in a glass of water. when I'm hungry I drink water, or a chew sugarless gum. It can help depending on what the issue is. If its emotional withdrawal from 'feeding', sometimes these remedies don't work and I'm still "hungry".
  • The thing I love most about SBD is that I never have to be hungry..... If you're feeling hungry and a beverage doesn't do it for you, have an on plan snack. I enjoyed SF jello or an SF fudg pop in the evenings when I was on phase 1.

Also, how much water are you drinking? I've read time and again that Americans regularly confuse being thirsty with being hungry......
  • Thanks!!! Im trying the tea i love chamomile....
  • Quote:
    Also, how much water are you drinking? I've read time and again that Americans regularly confuse being thirsty with being hungry......
    I was one of those...but I've made it a habit to drink at least 2 liters a day - I've been doing that for months now. I'm thinking weight training?
  • Quote: Drink some hot tea or a big glass of water. If you havent' had your three servings of dairy you could drink a glass of milk. Milk helps me when I feel like I am hungry.

Tammie
    Thanks Tammie- problem is I don't like milk alone and I don't wanna overdo the cheese...any other night chocolate milk would do
  • There is sugar free syrups to make choc milk. Also I think it is by toorani a sugar free mocha. Like what you would put in coffee. I have put it in my milk for a sugar free version of choc milk. Of course you have to count the sugar free syrups in your sweet treats.

Tammie
  • I drink a cup of milk warmed up and use the no sugar added hot chocolate mix. Makes a thick warm treat. Usually helps.
  • I second the drinking water that seems to help for me too!
  • thanks all! seems like the chamomile worked! plus it helped me get to bed and sleep like a baby
  • yeah for tea!!!
  • Quote: Drink some hot tea or a big glass of water. If you havent' had your three servings of dairy you could drink a glass of milk. Milk helps me when I feel like I am hungry.

Tammie
    Only 2 servings of dairy allowed in Phase I. 2-3 in Phase II.
  • does the laughing cow cheese wedge count as a serving?
    and could all my dairy servings be the delicious ricotta dessert?
  • I believe cheese counts as protein, not dairy.