South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 05-17-2010, 01:18 AM   #1  
Always Learning

Height: 5'5"

Default Phase One - How goes it!?

I started phase one last week and after the initial "omg I feel like death" subsided after two (maybe three :P) days (which, I blame on no caffeine NOT on the plan :P) I feel great.

I'll admit I'm still lemming the sweets when I'm near the check out area of the store (mostly because I avoid the "no no" areas like the plague, but you can't avoid the check out!). BUT, I've found that if I go RIGHT after supper or lunch and then reward myself with a cup of tea sweetened with splenda when I get home or back to work the whole "inner battle" is a whole lot easier.

Anyone else on phase one this week?
8675309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:34 AM   #2  
40+ years, 40+ lbs

S/C/G: 192/163/150

Height: 5'7"

I'm still trying to get a good, clean start -- I keep blowing it with sweets or beer. Does Phase 1 usually make people GROUCHY for awhile?
40plus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:00 AM   #3  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

I am on day 3 phase one here and I am doing really well other than being sleepy, I think I will add in a cup of beans with dinner and see it that helps and try to stay out of the turkey pepperoni too

8675309- way to go on finding that tea clams those cravings, I know for me just a simple glass of milk does it, way to go on fighting that candy isle

40+ - I am really grouchy...but it is also PMS time for me I hope it gets better for both of us
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:30 AM   #4  
Always Learning

Good job guys!

40plus - I have noticed I'm a bit irregularly sensitive in the past couple days.

Christian - Beans and dairy are my savors, I'm loving vegetarian chili.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:37 AM   #5  

I'm on day 10 of phase 1... which sounds sooo close to the end.. until you think it's 5 more days, and work days at that!

I've turned to gum a lot since I've started phase one. Anytime I find myself thinking about sweets, I pop in a piece of sugar free gum. I've never been a big fan of gum, but I've suddenly come to realize that there are lots of flavors that can make it pretty interesting! (Mint Mojito? yum!). I also tend to chew gum at the store to keep me from sweets.

40plus, I am grouchy at first too. I tired starting phase one unsuccessfully a few times before this most recent attempt, and always blew it with sweets too. I think putting on shorts and looking like a sausage in them finally gave me my motivation. (btw, 9 days later those shorts are MUCH better!)

Maybe we should make this the phase one grumpy thread, and we can all take out our grouchiness here.

Suz
SBSuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:51 AM   #6  

I am on day 13. Feel great. This is the only woe that works for me!
harrismm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:39 AM   #7  
Losing on the Beach

harrismm- How much have you lost in the 13 days???

Suz- A grumpy thread huh?? Sounds good to me

and way to go on those shorts How much have you lost during the 10 days?
Old 05-17-2010, 09:59 AM   #8  

I'm on day 8. Feeling food. Last week a few headache days but doing fine now. Did lots of cooking over the weekend so I would have everything ready and no excuses to grab the wrong thing in a hurry. Hope it is all this easy. Lost 9 lbs last week. Will be happy with 2 or 3 this week. May extend ph 1 for another week if necessary. Hope all get over the grouchies and achies.
lookinforsz12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

You are all doing great! Phase 1 is really hard but so worth it. Hang in there!
ChelseaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 11:30 AM   #10  
Always Learning

Ironic = I blew it this morning at breakfast with family and when I found out my holiday plans for the long weekend (I leave Wednesday for the lake!) I've decided to focus on staying away from processed sugar while I'm gone and restart phase one when I get back because smores (okay...maybe a little processed sugar?), potato chips, and mom's potato salad are most definitely on the "eat or get harassed by family members who don't think you need to watch a damn thing"...:P...(yes, my family is that kind of family).

Until next week I'll be watching everyone's progress for tips and tricks that you use that might help me out when i get back into the swing

40plus - for the first few days I secluded myself this time around. the first time I did phase one my boyfriend was all "take. some. anti. pms. now." lol
Old 05-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Jenny - maybe http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sbd-...real-life.html will help a little
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

I'm on day 8 of a clean phase one (had a couple false starts- oops!) and so far it's going really, really well. I'm not really craving anything bad, I'm not grumpy this time around, and I lost 4.5 pounds last week. Which, considering it's TOM, I'm pretty dang happy with. I resisted amazing pizzeria piza (company meeting... free... sitting in front of me and all), lemon cake, twice baked potatoes, wine, fresh donuts, home made tortillas, cheesecake brownies.... just to name a few. (I even cooked a lot of those things for mom's bday and didn't have any!) And, for the first time in my weightloss journey... managed to lose weight on a weekend! I think the key for me this time is avoiding a lot of processed or salty foods (like salami and lunchmeat), getting really creative in the kitchen (I made some amazing "honey" mustard chicken the other night) and I'm having a cup of yogurt every afternoon at 2 with just a little splenda and vanillla. It's kept me from getting grumpy, and from craving sweets. Other than the first day of TOM last week, I didn't even want sweets. (if a fresh crumb donut had showed up on my desk that day, I couldn't have guaranteed its safety) I'm not relaly finding that I need a sweet treat this time either... though I did have some SF cheesecake the other night. So, so far so good. Just got to keep it up!
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 165/155.6/140

Height: 5ft. 6in

New to the Beach and just finished phase 1 yesterday, day 1 and 2 seemed so long and now the results are so motivating (down 7#s). Went to a conference today and downed my cheese stick and muts withouot a lot of undue notice and lots of luck for me they had chicken ceasar for lunch as an option My slavation had been small sweet peppers with hummus. Welcome to all newbies. I visit my sister's cabin a lot in the summer and she's on the beach too, so lucky for me!! Lisa
luckontherun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #14  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I haven't totally transitioned into a clean phase I yet, still trying to get rid of leftover fat smash fruit. And boy do I have plenty!
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #15  
Losing on the Beach

luck- way to go on finishing phase one!!! You go girl! And I am glad you wont be tempted at the cabin

mustang- I did fat smash too, it does work and the 2nd and 3rd phase are really close to this one, I loved it too