Do you eat when not hungry?

• I have been eating pretty much on a schedule for awhile now, even when I'm not really that hungry. Do you wait to eat until you are hungry, or does sticking to a schedule help you more?
  • I'm sticking to a schedule, but I'm trying not to eat as much at any one sitting. I think that having my food spread out through the day helps a lot, but I really need to work on reasonable portions. I have a tendency to go with restuarant portions instead.
  • I think that sticking with a schedule is great, especially while you are creating new habits. I find my blood sugar is so stable right now, that I don't "need" those snacks, but I try to incorporate a fruit into my afternoon, and usually something after dinner before I go to bed.
  • I don't have a snack between breakfast and lunch anymore, but I make sure to eat my afternoon snack even if I'm not hungry yet. I've found that when I skip that one I get way too hungry by dinner time. It's much easier to control my portion size at dinner when I'm not ravenous!