South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 04:58 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Waltzing thru Wednesday Beach Chat

Good Morning

I'm going to grab ! Back in a flash!

Ok, there's plenty more! Stop by and say hello before heading out today

Heidi, just wanted to say I'm thinking of you this morning

Mmc, Hoping you are finding some peace.

Anne, (murphmitch) Congrats! to your DH on his new job! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll have a little reprieve.

Twynn, Congrats! on your 2 yr SBD birthday!(a day early, I think)

Lexxiss, Congrats! on your 1 yr SBD birthday!

Wow, it's been a year! Thanks to you all for coming here and being such great friends! I could never do this on my own. I'm celebrating(haha) by struggling through a phase of emotional eating which I know will pass as long as I keep trying. Yesterday we got the garden tilled and I transplanted some raspberries. Think I'll put some seeds in over in the lasagna garden(thanks Cyndi) and get some zucchini planted in 5 gal buckets. Friday we have to run over to check the other house and fortunately it's the Denver Botanic Garden annual plant sale, sooo I'll buy all my bedding plants there.

I think I'll waltz off to the pool on my bike this AM and come home and battle the emotional monkey who's been hanging out lately. Funny, I opened the back door very early to take a peek and was greeted by a skunk who was checking out the newly turned compost. When I finally deemed the coast clear, Bing absolutely went nuts! He really has a little Cocker nose!

I guess I'll go back outside! I adore my early mornings! Especially when I don't have to wear Arctic down.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-05-2010 at 05:34 AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 05:48 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Debbie, and a big hug to you because it sounds like you might need it. That was a close encounter with the skunk. Aren't they pretty looking critters?

We had hail yesterday which really damaged my new hostas. They are tough plants though and will recover soon. As soon as it's bright out there, I will do a garden tour to check things out. I suspect the crash I heard was a tree falling behind the barn. I hope to work in some gardening this morning and do my business running around later in the day. That's the plan anyhow but things do go awry around here.

Hope your Wednesday is a waltz - a polka - a mazurka - a macarena - the chicken! (Chicken is most appropriate, I think! )
Old 05-05-2010, 05:59 AM   #3  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Good Morning, Ruth! Ouch! for hailstorms! I hope your hostas recover quickly and that the tree was, in fact, behind the barn. Thanks for the early morning humor, too. Yes, the skunk was really beautiful...I never let the pup out without checking first. Have a good day, wherever it takes you...and thanks for the hug...I should have a daily countdown-11 days and counting until Kirk goes to Alaska.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:12 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning Debbie and Ruth! I'm making lattes this morning, since Jake is back to his early schedule.

Debbie, I think you could use several right now. Draw on your strength and hang in there. Have a good time choosing your bedding plants! That's a very pleasant task, at least, to me.

Ruth, that's a shame about your hostas, but they are pretty resilient and will bounce back in time. I added a couple new hostas to my shade garden this year, and am quite thrilled with how the bed is looking. I cringe every time we get hail. It can really create havoc on the landscape.

We put in the order for our new countertops last night, and now have to wait for a technician to come out and do a template, then wait another 3 weeks to get in installed, but it will all be worth it in the end. I haven't told Jake yet, but the next project will be having the cabinets refaced.
Very shortly I'll be waltzing through my Wii workout, and hope to bung in a flat of alyssum to edge the front foundation bed before heading over to the farm. I ended up going in early yesterday, as Maggie was home sick, but all is well for today.

Well, this took a long time to post, so forgive me if I missed anyone who popped in, in the meantime.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:17 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning friends It's always nice to see you all here as I start my day

Debbie - Happy SBDiversary! Of course that's a mock party cake Hope your day is filled with sunshine and gardening. Tell me more about the zucchini in buckets? Do you trellis it or let it sprawl?

Ruth - Sorry about the hail. I'm sure the hostas will bounce back, they are like that. Enjoy your garden time!

Cottage - Happy planting! Of course the cupboards will look so drab next to the new counter they need to be refaced

Anne - Congratulations to you and your hubby! That's great news.

I'm deep in the throws of decision making which, it turns out, makes me want to munch. Why does my brain think it needs food for every complex emotion?! I'm good at spontaneous decisions but not at all good at big, complicated decisions. Just have to keep reminding myself that I can always make a different decision a year from now if this one doesn't work out and stop stressing it so much.

Today is my last office day this week. I'm on the road for meetings the next two days. Lots of paperwork and loose ends to tie up today. I'm sure I'll be sneaking in here now and then

Hope your Hump Day is a breeze (I am now picturing a group of chickens in a conga line dancing down a hill. sometimes I scare myself )
Old 05-05-2010, 06:40 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

"They call it the People Dance."
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/dre0127l.jpg
Old 05-05-2010, 07:01 AM   #7  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Good Morning!!!

You guys are silly this morning!

Happy SB anniversary Debbie!!!!!! Oh my about the skunk!!!

Cottage- Have a great day! YAY!! on the new countertops and soon the refaced cabinets!!

Ruth ICK about the hailstorm. Hope the tree didn't do any damage.

Cyndi- Good luck with the big decision.

Me- I am up early making brownies and banana bread for teacher appreciation. I was going to do a healthier breakfast casserole, but didn't have pans that they could just toss and the kids. So I am sending in unhealthy brownies and banana bread!! I have to do two of whatever I made because each child needs to take something.

Today I have to be at work early. I get to go to a safety briefing. Gotta love the army and all there briefings!!!

Have a great day!

Tammie
Old 05-05-2010, 07:11 AM   #8  

S/C/G: maintaining

Debbie - One year! I have enjoyed getting to know you and find you inspiring.

Ruth - LOL - hip hop? ... no... a belly dance!

Linda - I just saw something on TV about how much you recoup from kitchen remodels. A lot!

Cyndi - I like that picture! Funny how that emotional eating thing is so universal. I guess we learn it from a young age?

Tammie - I doubt it would even have occurred to me to try to send in something healthy. Despite my own dieting for years. Hmm.

Anne - Good for hubby!

I need to start in on some serious cleaning. We have my MIL and in-laws coming for dinner on Saturday and my mom and brother's family on Sunday. The house is a mess since we still have not moved things back into our office post-foundation repair. (Hubby is a procrastinator and now I can't help with my broken arm.)
Old 05-05-2010, 07:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning chicks!

Lexiss - Congrats on the one year, today is my anniversary. jCongrats to us and our healthier living! Hope you find some peace with some of life's complications.

Ruth - Hail? Ouch. Enjoy your waltz today

Cottage - Those resurfaced cabinets are awesome! Can't wait to see pictures!!

Cyndi - good luck with the decision. Is this job concerning?

Tammie - ohhhh banana chocolate bread. You are evil!!

Karen - cleaning? What's that?

Me - Yesterday went pretty well, I did phase I. I will admit I ate too many cashews, but I didn't feel too satisfied from supper either. I walked into work yesterday, and my boss said "the stickies" are in (kinda like stickie buns). I ordered them a few weeks ago to support her daughter's group. I turned around and gave them to ethan's school, I didn't want them in the house. Then, she paid me back and got me a bag of dark chocolate . I'm trying to hold back on that too, I didn't touch it, but am keeping it handy for later.

Today looks gorgeous out, I love this weather!! I'm hoping to go on a run (surprise, surprise), I haven't been in a week b/c of the trip. Other than that, toting kids around and normal life activities.

Have a great day!
Old 05-05-2010, 07:57 AM   #10  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Karen- Since I have started thinking of becoming healthy instead of just dieting I am trying to change my attitude for food. I know how hard it is for me to resist certain foods in certain situations. I don't want to be the reason someone else has unplanned eating on their own diet.

Tammie
Old 05-05-2010, 08:15 AM   #11  

Good morning friends. O, I am struggline..Doing well on diet, and will today but am going out with hubby (if we find a babysitter) on Sat for lunch and want to know where I want to go? I want Red Lobster Crab Alfredo. I want the small portion with one biscuit. Evil huh? Go away craving!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 08:56 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Ahh...I got a little catnap in...2 hrs helps me lots!

Linda, thanks, too, for the hugs. I love the scent of alyssum. Glad to hear Maggie is feeling better today.

Cyndi, I've never tried the zucchs in pots, but my garden is so small and now the Bingster pees on everything so I'm giving it a try. I guess my monkey has a twin, huh? I wish us both less stress.

Tammie, good morning! There is a recipe here for SBD choc banana bread which is worthy of giving away. I don't make it often...well you know why!

Karen, good luck with the cleaning!

Twynn, hope you get your run in!

Fluffymamma, Have you ever considered making a SBD friendly alfredo? I know there is an Alfredo in our recipe section. I have enjoyed tweaking recipes to be suitable on plan.

Plans have changed-Kirk is going fossil hunting so I'm running to the hardware and grocery so he can have the car. Don't know what will be next, but I think I'll plant this AM.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Hey everyone! I can't say "good morning", because it's not morning anymore!

My big victory of the day - I hit the 10 lb mark!!!

I've been busy going to doctor appointments - 4 in the past week. Just making sure everything is healthy since I haven't had a physical in years. I had a suspicious mole removed from my back on Monday, yesterday had blood work to check my thyroid, and today went to get a Holter monitor attached (I've been having heart palpitations). I get to walk around with electrodes all over me for the next 24 hours.

It's my son's 5th birthday today, so we're having a special dinner and ice cream cake (none for me though!) and opening presents. I can't wait for that part, he's getting a Lightning McQueen bike and he's going to be SO excited!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #14  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Chelsea, Congrats!! Persistence pays off for you. It's definitely come at a good time-easy to resist that cake. Have a fun BD . Good for you getting your health issues checked out.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:38 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Boy am I a big baby. I had been avoiding the scale for a week, because we were part of those huge floods here in Tennessee and haven't been able to get to the grocery store. Therefore I had to survive on what was in the house. I ate within my calorie targets, but definitely not on-plan. Let's just say there was a bit of bread and processed food happening!

However, I went to the doc this morning, and they weighed me, and I was down a pound, after breakfast and with clothes on. So I can only imagine that I've actually lost 2-3, and I'll check it on my own scale tomorrow morning.

This is a lesson to myself that fear of the scale can't control my life!
Closed Thread