South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-14-2010, 09:51 AM   #1  

Talking Plateau

Hi Everyone! I hope you guys are having a great Wednesday morning.

I need your advice. I am on week 3 of SB and I wanted to make sure that it is ok for me to stay on Phase 1 ? I noticed in the book it says that if you have 10lbs or less then you can move on to Phase 2 I still have 20lbs to go. Also, I'm not losing anymore and wanted to see if you guys have any suggestions on what to do to kick start my body back into losing weight.

Kristy1081 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:19 AM   #2  

S/C/G: maintaining

I know some of the others can explain why you should not stay on PH1... there are reasons, I just don't remember. But I can make some suggestions, starting with taking a close look at what you are eating. Maybe you added back too many foods and that is stalling your loss. But I really want to point out that with so little to lose, I am not surprised that the scale is not moving. It seems to slow considerably for many of us and the loss can be very, very gradual. I found it helped to focus instead on how I was feeling (so much better) and eating (so much healthier). Hang in there!
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi Kristy! I think you may have misunderstood what the book says. It says that Phase 1 is intended for those who have 10 lbs or more to lose - but only 2 weeks of it. After that you really should move on to Phase 2 (I think he makes exceptions if you are obese, but I can't find that in the book.) Phase 1 isn't meant to be a long-term eating plan because you'll be missing out on too many nutritional benefits from fruits and whole grains, and it's too restrictive for most people to stay on. Best of luck to you!
ChelseaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #4  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

It's normal to have weight loss slow down or even stall when starting Phase II as your body adjusts to the initial water loss and re-introduction of grains/fruits.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:48 PM   #5  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Just some thoughts.
Are you exercising? and if so change up your routine, if not start
and change up the foods you eat mix things up and I bet you start to see the scale move
nancylmrn is offline   Reply With Quote