South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-13-2010, 02:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 162/162/137

Height: 5'6"

Default New to SB - Day 2 of Phase I

No problem sticking to it (well, so far for all of the two days) as I love the food but I actually feel a little bloated these first couple of days. Did anyone else have the same problem the first couple of days?
Adiwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi! Welcome. And yes, I had similar problems, my digestive tract was all over the place for the first week of Phase 1, it's a normal reaction when you've changed your diet dramatically. I started taking Beano before meals that had lots of veggies (basically every meal on Phase 1) and I found that drinking milk helped me too. Hang in there, it gets better!
ChelseaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #3  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Welcome! Still have problems with digestion occasionally. Too much fiber tends to stop me up & cauliflower does a major gas number on me! Drinking lots of water and eating beans help.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

, Adiwater! That bloating feeling will go away soon, but in the meantime, drinking lots of plain water will help.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #5  
bikini body bound!

S/C/G: 170.4/See tracker/145

Height: 5'6

Add some beans in where you can and try to flush with water. Welcome to the beach!
sunnybella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:38 PM   #6  

Height: 5'8"

I occasionally have 'issues' too. What helps me is to take sf metamucil (the generic equivalent, actually) each day and sometime when I am very phlegmatic and swallowing a lot of air due to a cold or allergies (like this week or the last three weeks OMG) taking digestive enzymes, which are available at most healthfood stores (I get mine at the Vitamin Shoppe, it is their brand) really helps too. Initially on SB you are probably eating much more fiber than your body is used to. That is one reason why it is essential to drink all your water. Without water to lubricate your system you will get stopped up.

Last edited by Mmckellen; 04-14-2010 at 09:39 PM.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:38 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 162/162/137

Height: 5'6"

Thanks for the helpful suggestions!

Scale is still stuck but I'm thinking once I work out these initial kinks things will move in the right direction.
Adiwater is offline   Reply With Quote