South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-13-2010, 07:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/228/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Default New to this board and re-starting my South Beach Adventure

I am returning to South Beach after about 8 months off. I originally lost 40 pounds, but gained back about 15. This is day 6 of Phase I (revisited) for me. The scales are still fluctated (I must get past the need to weigh every morning), but I am showing a loss. Not sure how much I want to lose as it has been very long since I was thin. First goal is to be under 200 pounds. Then we will go from there. I am happy to find a community for support in my healthy life style change.

Question: My cravings for sweets are diminishing, but I would just about kill for a piece of fruit. Does this mean the cravings aren't out of my system yet???
Auburn Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:31 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Welcome! Good for you for getting back on the wagon and doing so well again!

I would say yes, you're still having cravings if you'd kill for fruit. I am a fruit lover myself so I totally understand! I reeeeally looked forward to Phase 2 when I could add fruits back in. Hang in there, you'll be there before you know it.

Best of luck to you!
ChelseaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hi Auburn Girl! I can tell you for me that this time when I started ph2 (third time on SB) I really wanted to add grains. So I interpreted that as still craving them or potentially craving if I ate any. And I didn't add them back for several weeks, instead going with fruit since I did not want that as much. For me, if I really want something, I worry.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:45 PM   #4  
Be happy.

That's how I felt about my oatmeal..... I eat it every day and have for decades. I was ready to trade my husband for a bowl of the stuff mid way through the two weeks. lol

It's great to have you here.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 05:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

back to The Beach, Auburn Girl!

Wow, you're halfway through Phase 1, so hang in there, and you can look forward to having a piece of fruit around this time next week.

I'm like Heidi, I eat oatmeal practically every single day, and I really missed that on Phase 1. I don't think I was craving it, I think it was more like a habit that I was missing. My first bowl of it after 2 weeks sure did taste good!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote