South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 04-15-2010, 06:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 237/228/160

Height: 5 feet 5 inches

Smile Starting Week 2 of Phase 1

Today marks the start of week 2 on Phase 1. It is getting easier and I am losing my cravings... Also noticing that my portion size is going WAY down.... Best part I lost 6 pounds my first week.

My goal for this week is to add exercise. I exercised 2 times this past week, but really want to do something every day...Problem is I HATE exercise. Any ideas how to get motivated in that way??? Thanks so much!!!
Auburn Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:36 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

First of all - I missed your first post.

I have NEVER exercised until recently when I joined a gym. It makes me feel great - too bad I waited until I was 70 to do it.

How about just putting on your walking shoes and going for a walk today? That's a start. You could also check out the Walk Away The Pounds.

The thing is to just START! It does get better - notice I didn't say enjoyable.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:04 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Ohhh....I'm with Ruth. Walking! This is an especially good time...with the birds and blooms. Maybe meet some people that would go with you? And, if you're able, hiking!!

A lot of people here love the Wii fit as well....I never got into it myself though.

Welcome to the beach!!
TwynnB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:10 AM   #4  

S/C/G: maintaining

Great job Auburn Girl! I agree about walking. But for me, I love classes at my gym. It was very hard to start going, I felt awkward and am very shy, but eventually that became my favorite way to work out. I am much more motivated in a class and work much harder than on my own. And some are almost fun! I also like riding a bike outside.

I think the key is to just keep at it. Start slowly and build up. If you don't like one thing, try another. Look for someone to walk with or listen to music or find another way to motivate and pass the time.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:15 AM   #5  
10 year 3FC member

S/C/G: 195/157/145

Height: 5'3"

Hi - Yesterday was my week 2 phase 1. I'm thrilled I'm down 5 lbs. I did WW for years but I think carbs were my problem. I am not a volume eater but I went for the carbs- within my points. I feel like I have changed my diet that much except taking way the yam, brown rice ww bread etc, I eat lowfat, etc. My son is on it also with me. He's 1/2 my age (26+ 3) and lost 10 lbs. the 1st week. He is keeping me focused and on track. I'm also in a support group with 2 others women at my house for SBD. One is on phase 2 and the other one is starting SBD- after doing WW for years.
Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

The Wii Fit Plus is what finally got me motivated. It's fun and you can do it in your own home whenever it's convenient. I did belong to Curves for almost 3 years, but I was finding it difficult to stick with because of my crazy schedule.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:15 PM   #7  

I love walking and I recently tried running as well. I was working on the couch to 5K program.. but have been sidelined with an injury and the doc says no walking (for fitness) or running until they figure it out....so I bought a bicycle. The first one of my adult life! and am having a blast biking with the family.
alantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/157.8/133

Height: 5'4"

Hi there! Today is my first day of Week2 Phase1, so I'm pretty much in the same place you are! I still can't believe I made it through without Red Wine! I definitely need to add exercise this week - I made about a million excuses last week. So.....Time to get off my behind and start walking!
CatMat is offline   Reply With Quote