South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 01:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Jenne, I'm glad you got a diagnosis on your rash and hope the steroid cream helps. Don't be afraid of rhubarb! It's wonderful and I use it in lots of things. I like to stew it plain, or with strawberries or blueberries, and stir it into yogurt and oatmeal, and I make a SBD friendly crisp and pies with it, too. I adore the tart/sweet flavor of rhubarb and look forward to it every spring.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #17  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Good morning/afternoon chickies!
Well my day has started out fair....my legs are sooo sore, I started back with my exercise routine two days ago and am feeling it today can hardly walk down stairs but will punish myself again tonight when I get off work

Sound like for the most part everyone is doing awesome --- keep it up
Old 04-09-2010, 01:52 PM   #18  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Everyone!

You all sound very busy today... Lots of fun stuff!

I'm not sure what I'll do today, maybe my stupid taxes? Grr. It's still beautiful here so I'd hate to sit inside at the computer all day and do taxes, but it has to get done.

Yesterday a shoot popped up on one of my dahlias that I thought wasn't coming back... Yippie!! Ahhh the little things
Old 04-09-2010, 04:48 PM   #19  
Be happy.

Jenn - be careful with the steroid cream! (Maybe you've used it before?)

I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't follow the directions carefully the first time I used it. I was so uncomfortable and applied it too heavily to my blistered toes and it caused thinning of the skin. It recovered eventually but for months the skin would split and bleed if I shoved my foot into my shoe too roughly, or if I scratched an itchy spot. My skin may be more sensitive than average, but it was a pretty extreme reaction and has scared me off the cream, so I warn everyone when I hear they're using it.

Linda, how great that you got your rhubarb plants! I absolutely love the stuff. Ours is up - but it's going to be a while before we're eating rhubarb custard.

Kim, I was happy to see your post. We miss you!
I had to google pescatarian...

Hello to everyone else!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

-sigh- Today is turning out to be not-so fabulous. While cleaning my room I discovered that my treble clef earrings are missing. They're very special to me because my mom bought them for me and I wear them at every concert. I have the matching necklace but the earrings are no where to be found. I'm very upset and have looked everywhere but they are either avoiding me.. or worse. I'm hoping that they are at home but I'm trying very, very hard not to eat my feelings right now because dinner tonight is basically an onslaught of comfort food and I can't do that because it will make me more miserable.

Gonna call my momma, maybe she's seen them.
Old 04-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 191.2/138.5/129

Height: 5'3"

Wow, Heidi! That's awful! I'm really sensitive to a lot of things so I will keep that in mind.

I have a date with my accounting textbook again tonight. One more problem to figure out and then I have to write a report that is due tomorrow. Fun, wow...
Old 04-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #22  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatehSparrow View Post

Gonna call my momma, maybe she's seen them.
I hope they turn up quickly!
Calling your momma is a great plan. If she's anything like my mom, just talking to her will make you feel better, even if she hasn't seen the earrings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKasher View Post
Wow, Heidi! That's awful! I'm really sensitive to a lot of things so I will keep that in mind.
I don't mean to cause undue alarm. I have a good friend who slathers the stuff on, and more than the recommended twice a day. She's used it for years and never had a problem. But for me the thin skin was such an inconvenience and so uncomfortable that I am very wary now.

Also, I'm trying to figure out which GPS to buy my DH for his birthday... got any recommendations?
Old 04-09-2010, 05:22 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Kateh - I hope your momma has some insight for you! Hope you find the earrings soon.

Heidi - I had to google to figure out what it was called! Thanks for missing me!

Jenne - I'm glad you got a diagnosis, but it sounds like you're going to have to watch the cream. It's a great thing SB chicks look out for each other! I do know it's going to be hard living where I do, but aside from going vegetarian, I think it's the best way for me to eat right now. I keep joking with DH to take a job with his agency on the Texas coast. He thinks I'm crazy. (What's new?)

Cottage - Maggie's a hoot! Did she ever mention what she thinks "pesces" are? I've seen rhubarb ONCE in my town and it all looked pretty pitiful. One of Jamie Oliver's books claims it's fairly easy to grow, so maybe I'll look into it next year. Thanks for missing me!

Me - Everyone has worked pretty hard this week, so I told them that I wouldn't monitor their internet usage from 4 - 5 today. They are all pretty chuffed about that. This new system of leading/managing everyone seems to be going well, but it is only day 5 of the change. Boss-man and I need to stick to it and be vigilant.

Tonight is "date night" and we're staying in to BBQ. DH is having a big steak and I'm having grilled veggie kebabs. I also made a pot of pinto beans last night, so we'll have those and salad on the side. I'm not sure what we're actually doing, maybe play some Wii Resort since it's been so long.

If you're not off of work yet, are you counting down to five? I sure am!! Hope to "see" everyone in the morning.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 191.2/138.5/129

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi58 View Post
Also, I'm trying to figure out which GPS to buy my DH for his birthday... got any recommendations?
Well,unfortunately, I really don't know much about the different GPS units. We're still using the one I bought used from my WW leader's daughter. I wonder if Consumer Reports would be any help?

I hope you found your earrings, Kate.

Well, off to finish this last homework problem.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Heidi, after doing some research on GPS units last year, I settled on a Magellan, and I love it. We belong to AAA, and this unit is tied into it, so they're only a click away if you need them. I got the larger screen, but that is a matter of personal choice. And it's helpful to make sure your unit is loaded with maps of Canada and Mexico, too. I know the Garmin GPS's and the TomTom's are also highly rated units. What a great gift idea for your DH, he's going to love it!

Kate, I hope your earrings turn up soon! Did you take them off and set them down someplace without putting them away? I often take off my earrings when I get home and set them down wherever, then I forget where I put them.
Closed Thread