South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 10:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 191.2/138.5/129

Height: 5'3"

Welcome, Nancy! I'm new myself but really enjoy it here.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #17  
Be happy.

Hello again - I'm popping in during a quick classroom choice time. We went outdoors but the sky opened up! We ran inside, shook off the rain and pulled out the toys for our morning break.

My snug waistband has loosened up to 'comfortable', thank goodness for pants with lycra in them. And you ladies were very gracious when you said they didn't fit a few months ago... the truth is they haven't fit for years. I'm wearing clothes that haven't seen the light of day since the spring/summer of 2004.

OK, time to get back to work. Enjoy your day friends!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:30 AM   #18  
Be happy.

Hi Nancy! I missed your post before.
Old 04-08-2010, 12:30 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Good afternoon everyone! Stopping in on my lunch break. I'm loving the thread title today-- thin, maybe not, but definitely thoughtful and thankful. Today I'm particularly thankful for this beautiful weather.

Welcome Nancy and to you as well, GeoKasher!

Sounds like everyone is pretty busy today, I hope those of you who are stuck indoors get the chance to enjoy the spring weather. I'm loathing going to my next class in the costume shop because it's in the basement of the theater building. After that, I'm going to try to get some work done because this weekend is just loaded with chorus concerts and rehearsals. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.

Heidi-- I have a question for you. I've been asking a bunch of teachers that I know, did you major in education? I'm trying to figure out where I'm heading.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 04-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #20  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hi Everyone!

Trip was great! Pool was heavenly! It's always wonderful to hear from everyone. For me, I believe that "thin" is a state of mind achieved best when I'm following my food plan. I will never be thin-I never was but....slender or shapely don't start with a "T".

Anne, I had to go back and read your post from yesterday. Thanks for sharing your joy with us about your son. What an achievement. Take care of yourself and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a job for your DH.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:32 PM   #21  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatehSparrow View Post
Heidi-- I have a question for you. I've been asking a bunch of teachers that I know, did you major in education? I'm trying to figure out where I'm heading.
Yes, I was one of those people who was blessed to know exactly what I wanted to do. I majored in elementary education and took enough special education courses that it was considered a minor, although I didn't actually plan it that way. For me, teaching young children has been a wonderful career. I truly enjoy my work and it was a great fit when our kids were growing up. Two of my good friends are retiring this spring, but I hate the thought of not going to school every day. I sometimes get tired of the paperwork, but I never get tired of the kids.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:12 PM   #22  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

just a quickie to thank all for your thoughts on my legs and palm. Def. not shaving cream, heh! I hadn't shaved for 2 weeks when it popped up. It could be the maple outside our bedroom window (the one with the fan in it).

Sadly, benedryl puts me all loopy so none until school is over. I have been taking zyrtec to no avail. I might have some bendryl cream though....

Thanks! Hope your Thursday is fab chickies!
Old 04-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi58 View Post
Yes, I was one of those people who was blessed to know exactly what I wanted to do. I majored in elementary education and took enough special education courses that it was considered a minor, although I didn't actually plan it that way. For me, teaching young children has been a wonderful career. I truly enjoy my work and it was a great fit when our kids were growing up. Two of my good friends are retiring this spring, but I hate the thought of not going to school every day. I sometimes get tired of the paperwork, but I never get tired of the kids.
Lucky you! I love hearing about teachers who love what they do, because those teachers have really influenced me over the years. I've been feeling a little lost lately with what I want to do. When I applied to school, I thought I would be going into Elementary education but now that I'm here and I have so many options I've been sort of overwhelmed. What I'm trying to figure out at the moment is is you can become certified if you don't major in education. My advisor told me that it's possible for secondary education but it seems unlikely that its possible for elementary. I'm just a bit mush of confusion right now.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:30 PM   #24  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Kate In some states you can. I know in Texas of teachers becoming teachers while majoring in something else. They had to take a couple of classes and had a mentor for their first year of teaching. This was at an elementary school. Check with the states guidelines of where you teach.

Tammie
Old 04-08-2010, 04:40 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammies00 View Post
Kate In some states you can. I know in Texas of teachers becoming teachers while majoring in something else. They had to take a couple of classes and had a mentor for their first year of teaching. This was at an elementary school. Check with the states guidelines of where you teach.

Tammie
Interesting, and good to know. Thanks! I've been trying to go through the New York page on Education but its a bit confusing.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #26  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

Good afternoon everyone!

Lexxis, the "Expedition Health" sounds pretty interesting

Cottage, I too have an ice cream weakness. My neighbor works at "Marianne's," the local handmade ice cream shop. He stops by all too often and gives my husband and I pints of ice cream, ice cream bars, mud pies, etc. Drives me nuts!!!

Heidi, 81 degrees and rain all in the same day? Your weather sounds very bi-polar!

Ruthxxx, I think you should go for the red Corvette! VROOOOOOOOOM!

Twynn, Sounds like you had/are having a fun filled day!

Karen, CONGRATS on being Triscuit free for 5 days!! Wahooooooo!!

As for me? This week has been EXAUSTING!! I had an "Arguement" paper due in English on Tues, a Chemistry test last night, and a Math test this afternoon. I can't tell you how glad I am that it's all over and I can relax this weekend! It has been unbelievably beautiful here for the past 3 days (probably about 75-80). I'm going to enjoy the nice weather until Sunday, then it looks like we'll be getting more rain. Tonight my friend Robin and I are going to take a 6 mile walk along the beach... It should be a lovely sunset tonight! Hope you all had or are having a wonderful day! See you all tomorrow
Old 04-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #27  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hello again ladies

Chelsea - Great job beating your cravings!

Heidi - My husband looked at me today and commenting that I had new clothes. I told him they were actually very OLD clothes that have not fit in I don't even know how long. Isn't it fun to shop in our own closets?

Jenn - I hope the rash clears up fast or at least stops itching. How about cool compresses for some relief?

Kelly - A sunset walk on the beach sounds lovely. Enjoy.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 191.2/138.5/129

Height: 5'3"

Ugh! I am ready for bed now. I've been sitting here working on an accounting assignment all evening. I've barely left my chair. I'll be so glad when this class is finished!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #29  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Stopping in here for a quick hello! Thanks for all the prayers for my hubby and good thoughts for my son. It means a lot to me. Another Phase I day here to get myself back on track. My son wants me to go see "Clash of the Titans" this weekend. The original movie with Harry Hamlin is a family favorite of ours. My son is a cinema major and is very excited about this movie, so we'll drive to his campus Saturday and take him out for dinner and a movie. Looking forward to the weekend.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #30  
Work in Progress

S/C/G: 186/working on it/148

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick note to say thanks for all the warm welcoms; I can't wait to get to know all of you better. Righ now all the names are confusing but it seems we all live incredible and busy fullfilling lives...isn't it wonderful?!

I am so looking forward to another day -- really I love wakeing up to know today I can make every moment count...I know corney but that is me
Closed Thread