Happy Hump Day Chat

• Yeah, even before coffee I know it's April 1st

The sun is coming out and I can't wait I've got a meeting up north but don't have to drive, definitely a good thing today. Then back home for an early afternoon. I'm going to try for a leisurely walk outside. Had some words with the doctor yesterday about restrictions which I was not told about ahead of time, but I'll clarify some of that today.

I am soooooo looking forward to the weekend!

We should probably start a real Thursday thread for all the mature people
  • Good morning, Cyndi, you April Fooler! I was going to point out your little mistake until I realized what you were up to, so you got me! I hope you're feeling OK after your injection yesterday!
  • Happy April Fools' Day! You got me. :P
  • Well, it threw me! We could add April Fool to the title so there won't be panic in the streets. On the other hand, let's leave it and when someone starts a new thread, we can yell April Fool.

The best AF joke I ever ran across was a few years ago. Doug Green, a gardening guru, sent out an email to all his subscribers telling about a wonderful new, bug free cucumber he'd developed. It was called Lirpa Loof. He got lots of emails for the seeds.

One of these mornings, I want to have coffee IRL with you two.

I'm really looking forward to the next four days. The week's flurry is nearly over and I'll be able to get outside and start garden clean-up. My wee scillas are showing blue and should be in full bloom soon. They make a lovely blue carpet under the trees and multiply like bunnies.

Donna comes this morning, it's garbage day, I need a trip to the bank and grocery store and then the day's all mine - I hope!

It's a four-day weekend for most folks in Ontario. What's the rule where you are?

Whatever it is, enjoy!

ETA: Good morning, Heidi. Do your wee students play AF jokes or are they too young?
  • Ha ha! The worst April Fool's Day joke was when I was in a sorority in college and the pledges woke up all the sisters at some ungodly hour and dragged us to the house for breakfast and there was no food. We were not happy.
  • OK, I guess I'm the real April Fool around here....

I cut my post from this thread and pasted it into the other one. Now I'm copying it back here. I don't know WHERE I'm supposed to say good morning!

Good morning Linda, will you miss having the girls around to fool and be fooled by today? Cyndi, how are you feeling today?

Ruth, I was tricked by a homework assignment to find out about a bird called loof lirpa when I was in high school. I love a good practical joke but sadly I always fall for them! Karen, I'm not so sure I would have enjoyed that breakfast trick - don't mess with my food!

I'm steeling myself for a loooooong day of foolishness. April Fool's Day is a VERY big holiday when you're 5 years old. I'm going to be checking my shoelaces, brushing bugs off my head, etc. all day long today......

I've got a few silly tricks up my sleeve too. I've already flipped all the nametags upside down and the morning message says, "Bad news - recess is canceled today." I'll use my annual "Keebler Scooby Snacks cookies in an empty Iams dog biscuit box" at snack time, too. The cookies are NOT on plan, but it will be worth it to see their faces as they watch Mrs. F. take a dog biscuit out of the box and eat it..... LOL

Luckily the sun is supposed to come back out today so we'll be able to get the kids outdoors and give them some time to run off their April Fools Day energy. I'm looking forward to a long walk after school today too. It's been too long since we've seen the sun around here.

Enjoy your Thursday friends!
  • Sorry Heidi. I will go to time out now