South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 02:21 PM   #46  
Be happy.

Thanks Linda. That's pretty much what I figured too, and one reason I've never gone back to phase 1 since finishing it. I was just looking for a quick fix. lol

I'm still more than 20 lbs from what the charts consider 'normal' weight for me. Isn't that early for things to slow down? I'm fine with losing 1 lb/week rather than the 2 lbs/week I had been losing, but this half pound/week is no fun.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Heidi, the charts all say that for my height and body structure, the perfect weight for me is 116 lbs. I haven't weighed that since I was in my teens! I'm comfortable with how I look and feel at around 135 - 140 lbs, so that's my goal weight. The closer I get to it, the harder it is for the weight to come off. You're only a few inches taller than me, so it's possible that that's what you're experiencing, but I could be wrong.

I think I'd look like a skeleton at 116, I can't even imagine! LOL!

Last edited by cottagebythesea; 03-28-2010 at 06:22 PM.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:28 PM   #48  
Motivated for Success!!

Height: 5'7"

I went to a get together at a friends house last night to watch the UFC fight... I was surrounded by beer, chips and dip, pizza, etc and somehow managed to stay on track and not cheat. I left there feeling pretty darn proud of myself (and think I converted a few of the girls to SBD in the process).
This morning I got up and went to my mom's house. We dug drainage ditches in the area I plan to grow my veggie garden in this summer. Whew! What a workout, but it will all be worth it when I have my own personal fresh, organic veggie store in my mom's backyard! Can't wait!
Old 03-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #49  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Heidi - I'd like to know why the stinkin charts don't adjust for age. I hate them more than the scale
I've been having a really hard time sticking to the structure of SBD. I'm not sure I'd describe most of the problem as cravings but there's way too much grazing, the too frequent off plan nibble, and too large portions. I just need to get back into the right framework and Phase 1 seems like a good way to do that. I'm not sure it will work but it's worth a try for a week. I'm also starting Beck again and hope that will also help.

As far as goals go, my final weight was 35 lbs lower than my goal weight. I was still losing pretty easily when I blew by my goal weight so just let my body go where it wanted. When the loss stopped I figured I'd hit a comfortable place for my body to be. I've always been extremely overweight or obese so really had no idea what was possible. Now I have physical reasons for wanting to keep my weight as low as I can while still being healthy and comfortable. Some days the weight is still a surprise though.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:05 PM   #50  
Be happy.

Good for you Kelly! Chips still really tempt me... but I'm afraid if I have one it will be all over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Heidi, the charts all say that for my height and body structure, the perfect weight for me is 116 lbs. I haven't weighed that since I was in my teens! I'm comfortable with how I look and feel at around 135 - 140 lbs, so that's my goal weight. The closer I get to it, the harder it is for the weight to come off. You're only a few inches taller than me, so it's possible that that's what you're experiencing, but I could be wrong.

I think I'd look like a skeleton at 116, I can't even imagine! LOL!
Thanks Linda. I'm thinking I'll be happy at 150 - 155 and don't plan on working to get below that right now. My cholesterol/blood sugar/BP etc are all good and I feel really good, and believe I'll be able to maintain at 150 without too much trouble. Besides, it's not like the extra 20 lbs is going anywhere... I can always lose it later if things change.

Cyndi I've wondered the same thing about weight charts and age. IMO weights that look sleek and slim at age 20 or 30 start to look frail as women age. Not that I'm in any immediate danger of looking "frail"....

It's a funny thing though, I KNOW that I'm 52, but I just don't feel like I am. I wonder where all those years went?
Old 03-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 178/165/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone! I'm officially halfway through Phase 1. Woohoo!

I took a nap this afternoon and had a dream I was eating a Cinnabon. The funny thing is I realized halfway through eating it - "wait a minute, I'm not supposed to have this, I'm on Phase 1!!!" and I felt horribly guilty. So funny.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:10 PM   #52  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good evening
Boy what a busy weekend I had. Won't go into details.
Debbie - don't you pay attention to what SDs say, they probably have lots of luggage and need to take it out on someone and you are handy. You are a very generous and giving person.
Heidi - About three years ago my dr. sent me to a diet clinic she approved of but it was so low carb that I decided not to do it. They weighed me on this special scale that took my bmi and whatever else. I'm 5'4 3/4 and the dr. told me I should weigh 156 lbs. also I am older than you. I would be very happy to be able to maintain that weight.
take care
Sophie
Closed Thread