3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Need some help from My Kick Butt Ph 2 Chicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/197728-need-some-help-my-kick-butt-ph-2-chicks.html)

KO 03-26-2010 11:15 AM

Need some help from My Kick Butt Ph 2 Chicks

I went to a dietician who specializes (allegedly) In RNY patients
and I hve a new plan that seems very Ph 2 ish
I need some food ideas! I don't do pasta or rice
So my home scale has bobbed between 147 and 149 however that's naked with a generally empty stomach
The Nut's scale said 152 I wasn't freakshow but Who needs coffee after that wake up call!

So I'm on a Low Refined Carb Plan
4+ Servings of Veggies
2 servings of fruit
2 servings of milk (Did I mention I'm a Cheese-a-holic)
4 servings of starch
10 oz protein (70 grams)
5 servings of fat

the fat serving is goign to be the hard part I have to switch from eggs to egg beaters (when I finish the eggs in my fridge) I haven't counted fat in 3 years
Also have to snag some greek yogurt which I love so that's not bad
she also wants me to ditch splenda for my fibro and CP

I have to think Critically about how i want to shop and plan meals any ideas are totally welcome!

CyndiM 03-26-2010 11:32 AM

Hi Kierie-

Always nice to see you under any circumstances :)

What does she say about beans and soy? They would definitely help with the low fat protein thing.

Interesting about the Splenda. I've been avoiding it because I stick with a low inflammation diet. Except the other day when I ate a muffin and watched my fingers swell up and burn all afternoon. Yes, I can be stupid ;)

KO 03-26-2010 11:43 AM

she said a lot that was contradictory I'm not sure if beans would be a protein or a starch. That being said I love the musical fruit! and will gladly eat beans and soy
She said no splenda for the same reason it would aggravate my cp and fibro

KO 03-26-2010 11:46 AM

Cyn While I do enjoy the SF products too much turns me into June Allison's Sidekick!
What's on an anti-inflammation diet?

CyndiM 03-26-2010 06:57 PM

Hey Kierie - SBD is pretty darned close to the anti-inflammation diet. Check out Inflammation Factor and the IF rating tables. Andrew Weil has also weighed in on the concept.

One of the unexpected benefits of SBD has been a decrease in inflammation issues for me so I do think there's something to this. I've had a couple of stupid but very clear confirmations of that recently.

As far as the beans - there are lots of great recipes that meet your diet guidelines. We are moving from soup season to bean salad season so it may be a good time to try this out. Let us know how it's going for you and if it helps with your fibro and CP. I'm always willing to try non-drug methods of controlling inflammation and pain.

KO 03-26-2010 08:57 PM

I have 8 weeks to optimum health perhaps I'll dive in for some recipes
that looks really interesting. Ironically I never thought of eating to reduce pain (other than stuffing my face)

Mmckellen 03-27-2010 08:15 AM

Sorry, but what are fibro and CP?

CyndiM 03-27-2010 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KO (Post 3219876)
Ironically I never thought of eating to reduce pain (other than stuffing my face)

I'm always looking for the food/body connection on things - inflammation, mental health, skin, etc. That first year of really clean SBD eating made such a big difference in all those areas that I'm sold.

KO 03-27-2010 01:51 PM

Fibromyalgia and Cerebral Palsy