SBD flu in effect

• Boy, did I feel it yesterday afternoon/last night. The body aches. A slight headache. Exhaustion. This is what carb withdrawal really feels like, and an unpleasant reminder of how much sugar was in my system. I do feel better today though. If I remember correctly, it disappears by about day 5-6.
  • I am going through the same thing today. Was fine until this afternoon and it suddenly hit me! I hope it goes away soon for both of us, I feel horrible.
  • I'm hoping you both feel better very soon! The SBD flu is no fun at all. Non fat milk and yogurt and beans can make it a little easier on you.
  • Sorry to read this girls. Hope you're feeling better in the morning.
  • Chelsea, how are you feeling today? I feel good this morning. It really does go away.
  • Oh good, I'm glad you're feeling better! I'm a little better too, I had a cup of nonfat milk last night and one again with my breakfast and I think that helped. I still have a slight headache though and the same stomach issues as before (seriously bloating and gassy). The upside is that when my tummy feels this way I don't feel hungry! LOL
  • A wise friend once told me that carbs are a natural anti depressant for women (really!) and that's why we feel so crappy without them. When I start feeling crabby, unhappy, or just plain crave some sugar/starch that I know I shouldn't have I go in my closet and look at a pair of jeans or a skirt that I want to fit back into and ask myself "which do you want more?" Almost always, the carb loses! Stay strong ladies!!