Get the Thin Mints OUT of my house

• Last night I was packing up my husband's lunch and thought I would include some Thin Mints that we had laying around. Sugary stuff and desserts are usually safe from me because my cravings are more towards salty, fried carbs. But as I was packing up his snack bag I smelled the Thin Mints and it was almost all over....they smelled so good. We have another box unopened that I am going to tell him just to take to his locker and leave it there! I can't take a chance that I will give in.
  • I am so glad I didn't even buy GS cookies this year! First, we'd devour a box of Samoas in one sitting and then the Thin Mints would hang around for a week, calling my name everyday until I gave in.

Definitely send that box to work with your DH. Out of sight, hopefully out of mind!
  • I am so glad we have no more girl scouts in our neighborhood! Those cookies always came in January when I was trying to diet... again.
  • I found having teenaged boys around takes care of the problem. The pigs ate the entire, unopened last box last night while watching TV.
  • We had some selling them at work and Samoas are my weakness. Just when I thought I was in the clear (and didn't order any!), I noticed that Edy's sells GS Ice Cream! I almost caved too. But didn't...

I tend to focus on the things I *can't* have and fixate on it. Obsession is a part of my personality type (I love my class, have I mentioned that lately?). I just have to be stronger than it!
  • Aren't the Girl Scouts doing Operation Thin Mint any longer? That is what I used to do...give the girls the money for a box of cookies to send to the troops in Iraq. Its a win win situation....our troops get a taste of home, my hips aren't burdened with the extra fat & my guilty consicience is clear since I used to be a Girl Scout too back in the day when we went door to door with the cookies.

Sue
  • I'm just glad that the girl scouts in costa rica don't go around selling cookies. But the local supermarket does sell those grasshoppers, or whatever they're called, by keebler. I can't buy those - I'll eat them all. Well, my wife and I will polish them off, heh.
  • Quote: Aren't the Girl Scouts doing Operation Thin Mint any longer? That is what I used to do...give the girls the money for a box of cookies to send to the troops in Iraq. Its a win win situation....our troops get a taste of home, my hips aren't burdened with the extra fat & my guilty consicience is clear since I used to be a Girl Scout too back in the day when we went door to door with the cookies.

Sue

I haven't seen that around here, I'm in MA, but that is something I would have done.
  • My granddaughter, Amber, is in girl scouts and our house is always the first place she comes to when the cookie drive starts. She knows Grandpop is always good for several boxes. Thank goodness they don't tempt me at all. I couldn't care less about them.
  • Before the beach I used to eat a whole box of the Samoas in a couple days
    Not a good situation! And of course I would feel like a big ol' afterwards and make even worse decisions with my eating to get the weight off quickly. Luckily I have been able to keep my sugar cravings in control and I didn't buy a box this year. I did give a donation to my coworker's daughters' troop but did not accept any product .