South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 03:37 AM   #1  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

Default tuesday in talk town

morning all, i'm heading out to work in a few minutes...once i have my coffee. we are supposed to have some very important marines visiting (whatever that means) so i'm sure we will be cleaning up at work til then.

anyways, my bf is off making my lunch while i chat away on here

day one went great for me. still not sure how long i will stay on phase one since i eat mostly sbd anyways...but my snacks had gotten way out of control any ideas? hmmm
Old 03-16-2010, 06:00 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Me4, and thanks for starting us up. Good BF for making your lunch! Does he have a much older brother?

I almost hate to be going to Florida tomorrow as our weather is so nice - 61ºF is predicted for today and tomorrow. If I get a chance today, I may don my mucker boots and plant those peas in the raised bed.

As usual, I have tons of things to do before I leave for Ottawa mid-afternoon. My plane leaves tomorrow mid-morning but I'm going to town tonight to have dinner with the family and then sleeping at the airport hotel. I'm a bit of a worrier and don't want to chance having to drive to town tomorrow in fog.

Paul worked on sanding the guestroom floor all day yesterday and it looks really good. He'll be back today to do the next step and will also put together my diningroom table. I will work in the usual last minute stuff - like shortening pants and delling with plants - and take off with the doggage as early as I can. Dropping them off at the kennel means a 15 minute delay while Keith stands outside, smokes a cigarette and "visits".

OK! Breakfast and then get with it. I've already got a load of laundry in the dryer.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I heard Jake leave at 4:45, rolled over, and fell promptly back to sleep until 5:30. Ugh, must be the time change. Now I'm running behind.

Me4, thanks for getting us started. We'll have to teach you to put the coffeepot on. Where did you find that BF that will pack your lunch for you? He sounds like a keeper to me!

Ruth, oh no! Not fog, again! You're wise to get to Ottawa before it sets in and makes your drive hairy. I hope there's plenty of warm sunshine in Florida for you to enjoy!

Just a normal Tuesday happening for me. Cindy and I are just about finished putting the last minute touches on packing for their trip, and the girls are getting very excited about it. I think all the rain is finally out of here and we can finally start drying out.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:29 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Good morning ladies!

me4, when you say your snacks were out of control do you mean you snacked too often or that they weren't SBD friendly? I love my snacks and they really help me stay full and happy all day long. Yogurt is my standard mid morning snack. I keep a 2 lb container of Light and Fit vanilla on hand and sometimes add berries to it, other times use it as a dip for apples or pears and mostly just eat it as is. My afternoon snacks are usually veggies. I love red pepper strips (or any veggie) with hummus, and cucumbers, carrots or celery with laughing cow cheese wedges. When I have time to cut and cook them butternut squash fries or roasted cauliflower feel like a treat after school! I eat nuts or cheese sticks and v8 for in the car snacks and for something to nibble on when I'm at a meeting with nonSBD refreshments.

Ruth I'd lost track and didn't realize you were leaving for FL tomorrow! I hope you're able to get everything done quickly and easily today. I hope the weather is perfect in Orlando but I've got a feeling you'll have a great time with your granddaughter no matter what the weather's like. Be safe and have fun - I'll be praying for a safe trip.

I keep reminding myself how much I enjoyed the extra daylight at the end of the day yesterday... cause I sure don't like how dark it is now! It still feels too early to be getting ready to leave the house. Oh well, each day is getting a little bit longer. I had an extremely small class yesterday, I'm wondering who will show up today. It was kind of fun to have such a small group, we were able to get so much more done and games and things felt different with a half sized group playing. I didn't introduce any new material though, and I put off some assessments that I need to get done so I'm hoping most if not all the kiddos will be back this morning.

Enjoy your Tuesday friends!

Hi Linda I just "saw" you when I previewed my post.

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-16-2010 at 06:31 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Tuesday!

In the process of pulling myself back up. sigh....

Me4, Hi! I can't imagine what I'd find if DH packed my lunch.

Ruth, 61! It's only in the mid 50s here. We are WAY below seasonal norms. Have fun visiting The Mouse!

Cottage, Will you do something fun while your girls are on vacation?

Heidi, I'm adding some of your snack ideas to my grocery list.

Me: After the great Virus of 2010, I went back to comfort food. Also, I'm having terrible heartburn issues that the doctor thinks are gallbladder related, but the ultrasound only showed 'dense shadowing'. They want to do another test. I just want better heartburn meds and no more tests. I'm having another talk with the doc today. Anyone want to hear more complaining?

On a happy note, Auston is invited to a Young Author's Conference this weekend. He wrote and illustrated a book called "Fishing with my Dad". It turned out so cute! My grandmother, who was a writer and a poet, would be so proud of him.

Last edited by Chelby29; 03-16-2010 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:27 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

It's 6:30 and there are 4 posts. This time change must have kicked everyone's booty! It's good being a morning person!
Old 03-16-2010, 07:38 AM   #7  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning from the land of dial-up where my parents are yelling out the window at the squirrels I slept in again this morning. I need the sleep but Thursday is going to be challenging.

me - It's great to see you back!

Ruth - Spring is the one time of year I don't want to be anywhere else Good luck with the peas. I didn't get to mine because of the rain but hope to do it Saturday.

Cottage - What's on your agenda for your time off? Looks like some great weather.
From yesterday's thread - how do you make sure there isn't chicken stock in food you eat out? I got a lot more assertive about ingredients when I realized how often people use that in recipes.

Heidi- Is there a flu going around or is it spring fever?

Chelby - Glad you are feeling better. Good luck with the gall bladder thing. A friend of mine had a heck of a time getting a proper diagnosis for that.

Yesterday was mellow - one thrift store stop and lots of dog walks and relaxing. I made a special dinner (thanks Anne!) to celebrate their anniversary in Feb. Today we have more stops to make. Mom doesn't shop for herself unless I'm around so she saves up places she wants to go. I guess we are going out to breakfast too. Same diner we went to when we were kids

Have a good Tuesday.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:57 AM   #8  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning Everyone!!

Uggghh I did not want to get out of bed. I have to be up by 630 to get kids up and moving. I like to get up about 530 to have me time. Didn't happen today!! LOL My metime was snuggled in my bed still sleeping!!

It is chilly here this morning. Suppose to be in the 60's I am so ready for the 70's!! LOL

Take care

Tammie
Old 03-16-2010, 07:58 AM   #9  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Thanks for getting us started, Me4. Sounds like an interesting day at work. Sometimes, I snack too much. For me, it's the "mental" part of my continuing issues with food, and doesn't come from physical cravings. While going back to P1 for an amount of time may reign me in for a bit, I have to go back to my issue of not being able to control my eating in a way which allows me to maintain a healthy weight. Best wishes today!

Ruth, be safe and have fun!

Heidi, thanks for taking the time to post your healthy snack ideas.

Cottage, glad the rain has stopped. How are those pansies?

Chelby, that's great about Auston. Sorry your heartburn continues.

Cyndi, sounds like you're having a nice visit with your folks.

Tammie

Me, no skiing today...lots of business and a monthly meeting here. We are getting stuff done because we may have to take a quick trip over the hill because a renter is moving out. I won't know that till later. My agave delivery is this morning-I think I'm getting 4 gallons...it's organic and super cheap....pool then major running around.

Have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 03-16-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:07 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Tammie - must be our name...I didn't want to get up either!!

me4life - thanks for getting us started! It's good to see you back here with us. I hear ya on the snack thing, that's why I'm doing phase I (yet again!) too.

Ruth - travel safe!! How long are you going to be there? I think I missed out on details when I was on vacation.

Cottage - who's more excited? you or the girls? !?!?

Heidi - The time thing has been a bit rough. But, the evenings sure are nice, with it being light at 7 pm!!

Chelby - hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted!

Cyndi - I am jealous of your time off. WIth a 5 and 6 year old (never mind my DH that can't sit still), we always had to be doing something, and child appreciated, the entire time. When do I get a vacation?

Me - phase I and the church thing went really well. I made some crack slaw (it's amazing how quick it is to make it!) and brought it with. The one person asked me why I was doing it, which is funny because she did SBD herself a while ago. THe whole day went well...not one little itty bitty cheat . Today should be fine too. I think I just occasionally need this test in my will power, and get my snacking back on track. That's hard with young children that can eat anything.

Have a great day!
Old 03-16-2010, 08:18 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Morning ladies!

Look, I made it on here before there was a second page! A miracle! Haha.
Off to the dentist today. Went to the periodontist yesterday and he didn't like how my gums are still inflamed so he called up my dentist. And tomorrow I'm seeing the orthodontist. Not exactly what I want to be doing on my spring break... but oh well.

Must be off-- my cat has decided he wants to be mischievous today and is sitting on my desk, staring at me as he slowly pushes things off of it. -sigh- I'll check back in later!
Old 03-16-2010, 08:25 AM   #12  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

good morning ladies....
i just started atkins yesterday, but was thinking of changing over to SB. i did SB years ago. anyway just printed new revised food list for PH1. why is some portions in green? are these added foods from the original food list?
thanks for your help.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:58 AM   #13  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quick hi. Conference call in one minute. Oye vey!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:08 AM   #14  

S/C/G: maintaining

I miss having more time to catch up here! Day two on the slopes coming up. My calves are sore, and my toes. Hmmm. Managing to stay OP despite eating out 2 meals a day and everyone around me choosing tempting foods. I did have one dinner that was too heavy... but not off plan. I forgot how big restaurant servings are!

Ruth - Have a great time in Florida!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:18 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Ruth: it is 48 right now here in Florida and going up to all of 67 this afternoon. Same forcast next 3 days. Am about 50 miles North of Orlando....sorry feeling guilty about our weather. Karen3
Closed Thread