3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   A Quick Note About the Daily thread (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/196445-quick-note-about-daily-thread.html)

Ruthxxx 03-11-2010 05:46 AM

A Quick Note About the Daily thread

Please, please, please don't feel you need to make a comment for every post. We have lots of folks posting and it can be rather overwhelming to sign in and see so many ahead of you.

It's perfectly acceptable to just pop in and say hi. We like to hear from you no matter how your day is going. Nobody should refrain from posting just because there are lots of other posts.

Just sayin'.

:grouphug:

cottagebythesea 03-11-2010 05:53 AM

Amen to that, Ruth! :)

Mmckellen 03-11-2010 06:28 AM

Thanks for clarifying this Ruth. I always felt mean if I didn't remark back to someone!

CyndiM 03-11-2010 06:30 AM

Apparently it's one of those days because I really want to reply to everyone on this thread. I'll go sit in the corner now and think about my choices ;)

Thanks for the reminder Ruth :)

jenne1017 03-11-2010 09:12 AM

And may I just say as someone when I was new and got her feelings hurt: just because someone mentions a few people -- if you don't make their cut, please do not feel slighted! I know sometimes I'd rather make a few mentions rather than none at all if I am running late or something.

thanks Ruth!

Ruthxxx 03-11-2010 09:24 AM

Jenne, that's exactly "IT"! I think it's important to just "cluck-in" without worrying about commenting on the previous twenty posts! Some days we just want a :wave: and :coffee: !

Shall we make this a sticky?

cottagebythesea 03-11-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthxxx (Post 3195560)
Jenne, that's exactly "IT"! I think it's important to just "cluck-in" without worrying about commenting on the previous twenty posts! Some days we just want a :wave: and :coffee: !

Shall we make this a sticky?

This is definitely "sticky-worthy". I just moved it. :D

sophie 03-11-2010 04:19 PM

Thanks Ruth, you know sometimes I just don't have anything smart to answer back and sometimes feel that I can comment on just one post but hate to do it because I might hurt the other persons feelings.
take care
Sophie

murphmitch 03-11-2010 11:10 PM

I don't post in the daily thread because I always feel like I have to address everyone, which is overwhelming most days. Maybe I'll try to pop in.

1oftheLuvs 03-12-2010 12:29 AM

Thank you so much for posting this, Ruth. :)

I read the thread every day... but probably only post 1 out of every 3 or 4 days for that reason... I'm a late riser in the Mountain Time zone, so the thread is always about 3 pages long before I get up in the morning. I've always felt as though I would be rude not to acknowledge everyone, but seldom have time to go through and do personals for all who have posted before me.

Now that I know, I'll make a point of posting there every day.

TwynnB 03-14-2010 09:24 PM

Amen chickies!! I'm in awe of you women that have 20 personals....wow....

KicknKnit 03-22-2010 09:57 AM

ah... thank you for this thread.

Auburn Girl 04-20-2010 12:20 PM

Thank you, I am new here, and would love to check-in more, but I teach full-time and can't check in until the afternoon and then i only have a few minutes before my break is over so there is no time to reply to everyone. But I do try and read as much as i can.

sbweezy 05-11-2010 04:39 PM

thank goodness for this sticky! I like to read the daily thread but have a hardtime with having to reply to so many people :) I will make it a point to just pop in and say 'hi' now :)

Jarlie 05-31-2010 02:07 PM

Is there an SBD daily thread? Maybe it's just cause I'm newish, but I don't see one...