3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Hello Ladies..I'm back! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/196423-hello-ladies-im-back.html)

JerseyGirrl 03-10-2010 09:11 PM

Hello Ladies..I'm back!

I've been MIA for quite a while and seriously fell off of the wagon. Gained quite a few pounds(ok more than a few) back. I was also laid off from work 2 weeks ago and rather than sit here and feel sorry for myself I decided to take this time and do all the things, diet/health wise, that were a bit more difficult working 10 hours a day. I started a completely clean phase 1 on Sunday and I already lost 6 lbs. I'm sure it is all water weight but thats gotta come off first right? I took 2 weeks to feel depressed and a bit scared and eat my emotions and sleep in but now I'm back and have all of my meals planned out to a T and I'm waking up early and walking a mile every morning and then again after dinner. So hello again ladies! :hug: And to all the new faces, hello to you too! :hug:

jenne1017 03-10-2010 11:12 PM

Melissa

:welcome: back! I did the same thing when I was laid off last year but took the bull by the horns first, THEN fell off once I found a job ;) I think it's a great way to look at things (and with my DW, who is now laid off herself, would see things like you!).

Glad to see you posting again!

tomandkara 03-10-2010 11:19 PM

Sounds like you have a great plan, Melissa! Keep it up!

SunshineCA 03-11-2010 02:15 AM

Welcome back Melissa! :) Looks like we're all making our way back. ;)

Much success to you! ;)

Ruthxxx 03-11-2010 05:35 AM

Good decisions, Melissa, and welcome back.

cottagebythesea 03-11-2010 05:58 AM

:welcome2: Back, Melissa! I'm sorry for the sad turn of events in your life, but it's only temporary. You seem to have your head in the right place and soon everything will start looking up again. Good luck!

Heidi58 03-11-2010 06:01 AM

Hi Melissa, it's nice to meet you. :)

WaistingTime 03-11-2010 07:05 AM

Nice to meet you Melissa. Sounds like you are doing great so far:)

Lexxiss 03-11-2010 07:54 AM

Hi :wave: and Welcome Back!

Sorry to hear about your job situation, but it is good news to hear that you've realized you still need to take care of your health!

Best Wishes!

JerseyGirrl 03-11-2010 07:35 PM

Thank you Ladies! The warm welcome does mean a lot :) I'm only a few days in on phase 1 but so far so good and surprisingly easy this time around. No SB Flu like I used to get on phase 1...no cravings....no mood swings. Well thanks again ladies and you will be seeing a lot more of me now. Hoping to join in on the dailies!

murphmitch 03-12-2010 08:20 PM

Welcome back Melissa! Glad to see you back here. :welcome:

artic123 03-12-2010 08:59 PM

Welcome back from another Jersey Girl.

Sharon

TallGirl 03-12-2010 09:29 PM

Welcome back and it is nice to meet you:)!

me4life 03-14-2010 11:42 AM

mellissa i know what you mean...my factory closed and i was off work for a year. during that time i found sbd and did great...til i went back to work. i think its time that sbd and work developed an understanding...we me as the peice keeper

JerseyGirrl 03-15-2010 10:56 PM

thank you ladies..it is nice meeting you as well.

Me4life...i know what you mean...wouldn't it be great if all employers were required to provide a vending machine with SBD approved snacks and a meal truck outside with SBD meals? One could only dream. LOL