3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Im falling (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/196395-im-falling.html)

girltoni28 03-10-2010 01:52 PM

Im falling

Hi everyone, I am slowly falling off the wagon. I started SBD three weeks ago and finished phase one with a 10 pound loss. Great right? I thought so, it was a great motivator to keep going. As the days passed it became harder for me to stay on. First I was afraid to start adding the additonal food in and once I did I spun out of control. My husband was not help bringing home take out at leaset 3 days a week and encouraging me to eat some of it. Some became more and more became the whole thing. I have gained back 5 pounds. :mad: I am so mad at myself for it. He noticed how my mood was changing and finally asked me if he had made it harder for me to stick to my eating plan and I told him he was a small part of it for which he apologized. To make up for it he is going to buy me a new pair of running shoes. Running is something that I have always wanted to do and now with the weather getting a bit nicer it will be easier. He also said that he won't temp me with food and will eat whatever I make for dinner. No more take out.
i have been reading on running and every signt I have read stated to load up on carbs 1-2 hours before a run. I was a little worried about that but ill just have a whole wheat muffin with peanut butter which sould work.
Anyway i just wanted to say hello to everyone and perhaps get a few words of encouragemnt from fellow South Beach Dieteres.

siobhanmc 03-10-2010 02:09 PM

Good for you for getting back on track and I'm sure it will be easier with your husband helping.

WaistingTime 03-10-2010 02:10 PM

Hello and nice to meet you:) I am so glad that your husband has turned into being supportive instead of sabotaging you! That should help a lot.

Also, there is lots of great info on here about going gradually into PH2 and learning what you can/can't eat and timing. I have been on PH2 for 8 weeks now (third time at this) and only added stuff back late in the day. But I still manage to work out every morning. One thing that might be helping me is that I have beans for breakfast since they have a lot more carbs than eggs. Your PB on whole wheat should be fine if the bread doesn't cause cravings.

Good luck and come back often. It really help with motivation:)

tomandkara 03-10-2010 03:20 PM

Unless you're running a marathon, you really don't need to worry about eating carbs before you run. I can go up to ten miles on an empty stomach in the morning. If I'm running any further than that, I have to have something to eat about an hour before I go, but it doesn't have to be carbs.

jenne1017 03-10-2010 04:17 PM

Are you going to do Ph1 again to get rid of the cravings? I'd recommend doing it for at least 3-5 days...to detox again.

There will always be that someone who attempts to get you off plan, meaning it or not.

Take a look at our fast food guide -- at almost every restaurant, I've been able to find something to eat without entirely derailing my progress. Just make sure you plan!

Ruthxxx 03-10-2010 04:52 PM

And come in here and post often! The most successful Beachers are the ones who pop in every day whether or not they have been perfect!

TallGirl 03-10-2010 05:10 PM

Welcome back! Sounds like your DH is being considerate and that is great. But other posters are right, there will always be someone who wants you to eat something off plan with them.

Lexxiss 03-10-2010 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthxxx (Post 3194563)
And come in here and post often! The most successful Beachers are the ones who pop in every day whether or not they have been perfect!

That's what is working for me. I check in and say hi every single morning before heading out for the day. The support here really helps keeping me on track.

Maybe this is what it took for your DH to support you on SBD! Join us on the daily thread, or the "on plan" thread.

Best Wishes!

girltoni28 03-11-2010 03:25 PM

Thank you all very much for the feedback. Got my shoes today. Turns out I turn my foot in a lot when I was doing the jog test. The shoes I got are very comfy. Cant wait to start. I will take all of your advice and come on here everyday. My babies take their nap around noon so thats when ill be here.
Kara thanks for the advice, I plan on running very early morning and am glad that its ok to do so on an empty stomach.
Jenn I have gone back onto phase one and will stay there until I get rid of the 5 pounds I put on. Truth be told that after the bad eating binge I have no cravings for "bad" foods and feel so much better after eating the good foods. I dont have family around me anymore and have not made any friends here so really there is nobody to try, trick or encourage me to eat anything that I shouldnt and now with my husband on board there should be no reason for failure. Thank again for all of your help.