had to eat 2 breakfasts today!!!

• I posted on the on-plan weekly thread that I ate dd's breakfast of cheerios, flax seed and 1/2 of banana as she ran to the bus with a bagel in hand...
    didn't want to waste good food, and I figured this is a normal phase 2 breakfast that i could indulge in for one day.
    Well, I was hungry within the hour!! had to make an egg with a low fat cheese stick...
    now I have learned that I need protein in the morning, and all through the day.
    I am still hungry...
    early lunch today, after my hike with the dogs.
    hope all is well with everyone-
    deb
  • Good job for and OP adjustment and a great lesson about yourself!
  • Was it just plain Cheerios?

I can't eat cereal for breakfast because I always want more. So sad!
  • it's the sugar in the banana (ick!) that would do it for me and set me off. How about another snack? Some cucumber slices? Remember to drink up too. It will help keep ya full!
  • fortunately it didn't set off any cravings, just felt as if I hadn't eaten at all!
    definitely not doing that again!!
  • I find a high protein breakfast (egg w/cheese and cottage cheese) keeps the hungries away all day. You did a good job and now you know your body's requirements.

Sharon

• I definitely need to have protein for breakfast, lunch and dinner... a carb laden meal doesn't stick with me nearly as well as one that contains protein.... I'm always hungry about an hour later if I don't get my protein.

I actually find that if I don't have my protein for breakfast though that I tend to end up with a headache by lunch... I'm not sure why that is, but figuring out how your body responds to food is an important part of this journey.