South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 03-06-2010, 05:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Default Who is still on Phase 1.5?

How long do you plan to be on Phase 1.5 b4 u move into Phase 2 proper?
BellaLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:43 PM   #2  
Be happy.

I am. (Although I call it Phase 2 so I won't confuse any newbies. )

It's a rare day that I have more than 1 grain and 1 fruit.
I've tried it, and didn't have problems with cravings or anything, but I wasn't eating enough veggies because there just aren't enough meals/snacks in a day. I loose best when I eat the full 4 & 1/2 cups of veggies every day, and I REALLY like to loose 1 - 2 lbs a week.

I was on phase 1 for 3 weeks, and started phase 2 with just the 1 fruit and 1 grain. Then in January I spent 2 weeks fiddling around trying to balance my grains/fruits/veggies and decided to go back to what worked, and I've stuck with it. I expect to continue until I am done loosing weight. I'm feeling good, and I know I can have a second fruit or grain if I want it so it's not a hardship.

Last edited by Heidi58; 03-06-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 138/128/115

Height: 5'2"

What exactly is Phase 1.5?
diane1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 05:53 PM   #4  
Be happy.

I think the gals here made it up.
It's phase 2, but with the fruits and grains limited a bit. Not a full phase 2, but no longer a phase 1.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

I had an experience similar to Heidi last time I was on SB, but it took me a lot longer than her to figure it out.... I spent a couple of months playing with my fruits and grain/starches with very little weight loss, before deciding that I do best eating 1 grain starch on average and 1 or 2 fruits.

I definitely had a hard time eating enough veggies too with more Phase 2 additions, which certainly could have attributed to my slower weight loss.

I'm on my second week of 1 fruit this time after having a 1 pound gain last week and will see at my weigh in on Monday if I'm ready to add a grain/starch next week.

I think once I reach 2/1 I'll probably stay there until I reach my goal while having ocassional days at a higher consumption.
1oftheLuvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:43 PM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I stick with 1.5 about 90% of the time. Grains are tough for me, even now, and I probably only eat 3 or 4 servings a week. Fruit and carby vegetables like winter squash aren't a problem and I eat them most days, often multiple servings of fruit in season.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: maintaining

I would say I am still on 1.5, or maybe 1.75 some days I have been OP for 10 weeks, so 8 weeks at this current eating level.

I had done SB twice before, gotten to PH3 and then regained. I decided to take things slowly and differently this time. So for the first week or two on PH2 I only added a serving of fruit and it was after dinner. Then I added whole grains, also late in the day.

Now most days I have a fruit and a grain, late in the day. Some days I have only one or the other, some rare days I have another grain serving. Honestly, I don't miss it so am not adding it yet. I think that I am much more prone to overeat grains so just keep it limited instead. For me right now it is about control.

I forgot... I have had corn in soup at lunchtime with no problem.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #8  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Most days I have one fruit and an occasional sweet potato. I eat oatmeal 3-4 days of week. I rarely have brown rice, but have not eaten WW bread, etc. for quite sometime, so my maintenance looks a lot like Phase 1.5 most days. When I do eat bread, it can cause cravings, so I tend not to eat it & don't miss it. I do eat a lot of carrots, sometimes a rather large sweet potato or squash servings. Starchy veggies don't cause problems for me.
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:08 PM   #9  
hand to mouth disease?

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I've made it to about 1.75 now, but I was at 1.25 until about a month ago.

I think there's too much thinking in P2, I find that P1 has less options, and the rigidity helps me. I like to "cheat" by adding in P2 items. "oo can I have some (air pop) popcorn!" it is much more satisfying if those things that are on plan feel like treats for me.
weebleswobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:22 PM   #10  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Wheat = Crave-o-monster Kara

So I stick with brown rice and oatmeal, but generally one serving of either a day. I think another part of my wheat problem is that I L-O-V-E Smart Balance Light and I really use more than I should on toast. More calories + cravings = eating more than I should = less loss = sad Kara

It's easier to just avoid the wheat.

I have no problem with fruit, though, and I eat one to two servings a day (sometimes a glass of juice - shhhhh, don't tell).
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #11  

S/C/G: Restart 240/225/160

Height: 5'9

I am. I eat 1-2 fruits per day and 0-1 grains per day. I find that if I eat more grains my calorie consumption goes up and I have to cut back in other areas. I eat LOTS of vegetables though.
getting_smaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #12  
Step away from the buffet

S/C/G: Hi294.4/Restart 276/ticker/180

Height: 5'10

I am still at what I consider a 1.5. I have fiber one cereal almost every morning, usually with yogurt and/or a little fruit. I find I need the cereal to stay, er, regular, even with all the veggies I eat. The fruit does not cause cravings for me. I may have an additional fruit serving and very rarely another grain. The rest is phase 1 food.

I do relax a little more on the weekends and may have a little more grain than I would during the week, but I do not let myself go completely off plan. I will probably continue this way as long as it works! I am losing at a rate of 1-2 lbs per week. When that slows or stops I will re-evaluate.
Hello Nurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:25 PM   #13  
Midwesterner

I think of Phase 1.5 & Phase 2 as whatever works for you. You continue to lose weight, maybe slowly, but definitely a downward trend. We all just have to find that place, where we're satisfied with what we eat, not constantly thinking about food, but still able to achieve our goals. For some of us that is multiple servings of fruit/grains. For others not so much. One of the things I love about SB. I've also learned from this WOE is how to listen to my body and know when I've eaten enough and push the plate away. I enjoy reading about others' trials and errors with this. It's a learning experience for all of us.
Old 03-08-2010, 08:57 AM   #14  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphmitch View Post
We all just have to find that place...not constantly thinking about food...
There's a place where you're not constantly thinking about food? I have yet to reach that place. It seems like I am always planning or strategizing or convincing myself to back away from a temptation or actually eating on-plan!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:54 PM   #15  
Midwesterner

Kara, it's the first time in my life I have felt this way most days!