South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 06:38 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Happy Sunday morning!

It's going to be a mild, sunny day here again today. Woohoo, two in a row!
Jake and Dustin got almost half the floor out in the basement and one of the interior walls, and there doesn't seem to be any mold so far, thank goodness. They're hoping to get the rest of the floor out today. I'm glad they don't need me down there, but I seem to have ended up as their go-for, and I've been trying to find new homes for some of the stuff we had down there. We had turned our former family room into a play room for the grandkids, and I've been sorting through all the toys and stuff and getting rid of lots of things. All the furniture has been brought up, cleaned, and being temporarily stored in the sunroom and dining room, and our house is in total chaos, but I'm trying to hang on to my sanity amidst it all.

Way too many posts to even think about addressing personals, but I've read all your posts so I can keep up with you all. Hang in there, and have a great Sunday!
Old 03-07-2010, 07:11 AM   #47  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, the posts are increasing like rabbits and I am at a loss to reply or comment on them all. But I do read them.

Gorgeous day unfolding here too, Cottage. My diningroom is in chaos too although I'm sure it's not as crowded as yours. I hauled in the table base yesterday and started to clean it up. There actually was mud on it in places. It's starting to look good though and probably will not have to be completely refinished. Today I hope to clean a couple of chairs.

My sister canceled out dinner last night as they had a major water problem at the Farm - brown water! Not good so they went back to the city. I told her it was OK and I'd just open a tin of dog food for my supper. She missed that completely so must have really been worried about the well.

Time to tiddle up for Church. I'll watch for the first daffodil spouts. We have quite a display of spring bulbs on the front lawn - they claim it rivals the Ottawa Tulip Festival.

Happy SUNday!
Old 03-07-2010, 07:42 AM   #48  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning all

Kierie - Good for you! How was the movie?

Kari - Good for you too!

FoodO - Another day closer to weigh in.

Debbie - Pretty ticker. Thanks for the info. I will check out our route. I am not a patient person under any circumstances but especially in bumper to bumper traffic.

Cyndi - Glad you have such nice weather. How are the birds?

Linda - Glad the basement is coming along. What a hassle.

Ruth - LOL. Thanks for the sunny greeting.

I aggravated my wrist mashing my beans last night so am typing with a brace. (I have something going on in there off and on for the last few years, never bad enough to have it looked at.) I hope it gets better fast because it will make it hard to do yoga - palm flat down doesn't work right now. I think it will be nice here today too so will see if DH want to squeeze in a bike ride before the basketball this afternoon.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:33 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning all chicks!

Wow. I'm with the other ladies, can't get all the personals done this morning. But since I leave for my vacation today, I thought I'd better check in!

We decided to get a hotel near the airport, so that it makes it a WHOLE lot easier in the morning. This hotel has a pool with a water slide, and an indoor mini golf course . We're in Cocoa from Mon-Fri, and then to Lancaster Fri-Sat. That hotel has an indoor water playground. The kids will be exhausted by the end of the week!!

I'm not going to worry about too food too much, but I have a hard time going "overboard" now. I can't stand fast food anymore...the worst I'll get there is a salad. I do plan on a few bad things that I can't get up here!! But, I should get some good runs in down there too, and at the hotels.

I'll probably check in once in a while. Have a great week, chicks!
Old 03-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #50  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Sunday!

Debbie, Have fun skiing! You'll have to post a picture.

Cyndi, Where is the coffee???

Cottage, Demolition.... UGG! I hope it goes quickly.

Ruth, My boss is retiring in less than 2 years. He says that he and his wife will eat cat food before they put off retirement for another year.

Karen, I hope your wrist feels better soon.

Twynn, Enjoy your vacation!

Me: It was a very long night last night. Auston has not thrown up since 4:00 this morning. Something happened that made my Mommy Meter perk up. His temperature was 96.5. This morning he's back to normal. I know how to treat a fever, but don't know what to do about a low temp. Jeff started a fire in the fireplace and I bundled him up. Have you ever heard of a low temp?

Last edited by Chelby29; 03-07-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 09:30 AM   #51  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning

Our grocery bill is somewhat outrageous too, but hubby hasn't complained yet! LOL

I went to walmart looking for the kashi pizza. I bought it their a few weeks ago. I couldn't find it the other day. I wonder if it is a supply problem.

So I guess our move to Fort Campbell(It is on the border of TN and KY) is more concrete now. Hubby had his first "briefing" getting ready to move. I am extremely excited about this move. This will put me about 45 min from part of my family. My mom is from bama but my dad is from TN. I have wanted to live near that part of my family since I was 5. I love being near them.

Going to make bean brownies and split pea soup today. Need to get the house cleaned.

Have a great day!

Tammie
Old 03-07-2010, 09:33 AM   #52  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Debbie-I did. I only ate one kabob though. I wasn't hungry and everything else they ordered I didn't eat (lots of dough based items and chicken on the bone *shiver*) so I had a beef kabob. LOL. I thought it was sort of flavorless. But I don't think this place was a good one.

Cyndi-Is the caramel flavor or just the SF torani? I might up the agave and maybe add more vanilla extract. But Kara is the expert! I defer to her

cottage and Ruth!

Karen-Hope the wrist feels better! I had DeQuervain's for a while and had to wear a brace. Stinks!

Twynn- have fun on vacation!!!

Chelby- That's around my normal temp so I have no clue. Though glad he's feeling better. Ick!

As for me, I am going to make breakfast then wii. I was invited to brunch with the same friends from dinner last night but, after spending all that money on groceries, I figured I'd be better off sticking to eating at home. Especially since I am down another pound! Almost two...damn .2 ounces! And I tried everything: exhaled, peed, stripped down
Old 03-07-2010, 10:20 AM   #53  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Sorry don't have time to reply to everyone to many personals, but that is a good thing.

Cottage- Hope your demolition goes quickly.

Karen- Hope your wrist feels better quickly. I did something to my right wrist if I turn it a certain to palm side up and try to tug on something the bony bump pops but it doesn't necessarily hurt only for a few seconds after it pops weird I know.

Kara glad the kids got bowling in - sorry that your friend did not get the hint, but I have a GF and her DS when we invite them over they will stay for hours, my kids will go get their showers and get ready for bed and they still will not take the hint that's it time for them to leave.

Chelby glad that Auston is feeling better. When DD1 and DD2 last month were sick DD2 had a high temperature and DD1 had a low temperature- I think its just the bodies way of showing its fighting something. My DS normals goes low when he gets sick too.

So yesterday we took advantage of the nice sunny day- DH, DD1 and 2 and I went to store so DD2 could get some more sports bras and then we took DD2 to the park, very crowded but she enjoyed. Then we came home and I cleaned out DH's and mine car- vacuumed and armor all and window cleaning. Mine was minor clean up but DH's keeps his SUV a mess couldn't take it any longer LOL. DD2 jumped on the trampoling and did outside activities by me. Then we just stayed home for the evening. I caught up with Amazing Race by watching on the Internet the last two episodes hopefully I will remember to watch when its on tv tonite probably not.

Church and cleaning house on the agenda for today its cloudy so not sure if it will get sunny today.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:45 AM   #54  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Good Morning, all!

It's a dreary looking day here... but it RAINED. Spring is ... well... springing? It hasn't exactly officially sprung yet.. so I guess it's springing. lol

My sweetie will be here from Denver in 7 DAYS!! woohoo! And we are planning a trip for me to Denver in April for a VNV Nation concert.

*snoopy dance*

I got so much done yesterday that there's not a whole lot to do. Which is good. Sundays should be lazy.

Off to the daily job search...

Have a wonderful day!
Old 03-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #55  
sophie

Height: 5'4"

Good morning

What wonderful weather we have had. The weatherman says that we up north here have had the warmest and driest winter in 6 decades.

Yesterday, Hubby and I took a drive along Lakeshore Drive (Lake Ontario) and I was so thrilled to see two swans in their natural habitat. We also saw lots of wild turkeys. No sighting of a robin yet.

Having the family over for dinner tonight. This will be the first barbeque of the season, a bunless hamburger for me.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.
take care
Sophie
Old 03-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #56  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey chicks Alice was fantastic I might need to see it again!
Debbie with my fibromyalgia and also hypoglycemia sugar became a real crutch for me
so this made me make sure I was eating good stuff to stay in balance!
Finished the All bran today so Ph 1.5 ends today and 1 starts tomorrow
ok off to sweat!
Kierie
Old 03-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Congrats Jenn! Feel better Karen!
Closed Thread