South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 02:14 PM   #31  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Okie, I would have shared but I'd only made one portion for myself because the kids had already eaten. The Sardinia trip is scheduled for mid-April.

Karen, that's funny about the track team doing P90X. I wonder which workout they did. The upper and lower body ones are usually followed by the abs segment. It's a good workout! TDY stands for Temporary DutY and it means a short trip away from your normal duty station. Tom's been TDY for anywhere from 2 days to 4 months. It's usually for training.

Kari, that *is* productive! Did you buy anything at Goodwill?
Old 03-06-2010, 02:33 PM   #32  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Kara How do you like the P90x? I was thinking of getting it for dh
Old 03-06-2010, 03:10 PM   #33  
Visualizing the Goal

I love P90X. This is my third time through the cycle. It's 13 weeks long and is very intense. The cycle is broken up into three phases and the workouts are the same for the first three weeks of each phase and then there's a recovery week (except in the last phase, where there are two week-long workout sets that alternate by week for a total of four weeks and then the fifth week is the recovery week). There are three intensity levels and I think they're called Classic, Lean, and Doubles. I do the Lean level, so my workouts look like this:

Day 1 - Phase 1 and 2 cardio, Phase 3 upper body and abs
Day 2 - all phases cardio
Day 3 - all phases upper body and abs
Day 4 - all phases yoga
Day 5 - Phase 1 and 2 lower body and abs, Phase 3 cardio
Day 6 - all phases cardio
Day 7 - all phases stretching

The workouts are anywhere from 45 minutes to 90 minutes long. It's meant for people who have been working out seriously already and it will kick your butt anyway. Equipment needed: hand weights (I use 2, 4, and 8 pounders, but your husband would obviously need heavier ones), yoga mat, pull up bar, and optional push-up bars.

Hope that helps!
Old 03-06-2010, 04:30 PM   #34  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Got some yardwork done...a lot really. A very good friend came over while we were working outside. He is going through chemo and it was his first outing (cabin fever!). While he was here, the vita-mix came in. Wow. You KNOW I had to play with it and made smoothies with greek yogurt, cherries, blueberries and green powder and whey protein. yum. Then later (since he won't eat bannanas) I juiced some carrots, kale,banana and a whole apple together....zooom. I like this toy! Seems to be a lot of recipes in the book that are SB friendly. Can't wait to grind wheat berries into waffles.

Last edited by femmecreole; 03-06-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #35  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Kara- making the brownies now. they smell DEVINE and this comes from a gal who doesn't like chocolate (or cheesecake for that matter).

Karen - my WM had then on sale, 2 for $5 for the large ones. I also got a small raspberry for $2.99 to see if I like it mixed with seltzer (though I forgot to pick up the seltzer). I got the SF Caramel (for the brownies) and SF chocolate, to make an egg cream. But again, grrrrrr on the seltzer. I also got a bottle of wine. I walked through the candy isle with DW (who got ginger beer at a whopping 170 calories per tiny bottle! and ginger candy) and picked up nothing. If I cna do it, so can you!!!

I totally forgot about meeting a friend for dinner tonight. Makes me sad, was looking forward to english muffin pizzas!
Old 03-06-2010, 06:21 PM   #36  
Be happy.

Nice work Jenn! The grocery store can still be a landmine for me - especially when I'm looking at the organic/natural/healthy stuff.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:22 PM   #37  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Cat, I got a used Vitamix off Ebay. Today, I used a grapefruit, an apple, 3 tomatoes and some splenda. It was tart, but yummy.

Auston had t-ball tryouts today. He was in line for his turn, then he ran across the field to us. His little chin was quivering and he said, "I don't feel so good." We assumed he was nervous. Nope, he threw up all over the place! He did get to try out and actually did a great job. But, he hasn't stopped throwing up yet. I hope he doesn't share! I'm a Lysol fool!

On that happy note, see y'all later!
Old 03-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #38  

Thanks Heidi. I am proud - all day I did well. Not to toot my own horn Glad to hear about your dad being released!

Ugh Chelby -- I hope he feels better and SOON!
Old 03-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #39  

S/C/G: maintaining

Kari - Which salsa chicken recipe do you use? We like the one with green onions, salsa and Parmesan. So easy. Of course my son scrapes everything off.

Kierie - I don't even know if we get exercise tv! Something to look into.

Kara - Got it. Nice you can go with him.

Cat - Green powder sounds scary.

Jenn - I need to go! When I do I will report back so that I am accountable.

Heidi - I was just getting some cinnamon swirl bread for DS the other day and it is in the cookie aisle and I just wondered when I would not look at those boxes with longing. Sigh. But I did not buy any and the former me would not have been able to resist eating his bread!

Chelby - Poor Auston. I hope he feels better soon.

DS won both bball games tonight. But his newly injured other ankle is now worse than the first injured ankle! He isn't worried about track but I reminded him he will be snowboarding in just over a week. So he has at least one game tomorrow and another if they win.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:12 PM   #40  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Karen it's on the Internet too
kara I'm thinking that might be out of James' League right now!
Jen Great Job!
I had a small victory at the Movies (WE SAW ALICE!!!)
Whenever we go to the movies I get Junior Mints they are my favorite it doesn't matter normally what plan I'm on

I gave up Candy for lent and was really wondering if I'd be craving them the whole movie. . . didn't want them James asked me if I wanted them and I said No and I MEANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I did have about 4 pretzel bites but those aren't my crutch!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #41  
Becoming.

S/C/G: 282/266.1/165

Height: 5'3

Kara - nope, didn't buy anything at goodwill... nothing said 'take me home' lol

WaistingTime - the recipe I used was the salsa, cheese, avacado and lime puree. I also added a dollop of sour cream. it was delish!

Ended up goin out to karaoke for a couple hours tonight.. no beer, no liquor, no smokes! just a diet 7 up. Iz didz good.

Goodnight, see everyone tomorrow!
Old 03-07-2010, 12:46 AM   #42  

Kari: GJ!
KO: Good job too! :wtg: How was the movie???
Old 03-07-2010, 01:32 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Happy Sunday! I am chugging along on the Beach! I can't wait till my weigh-in day!
Old 03-07-2010, 04:29 AM   #44  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

It looks like it must be Sunday. We had an easy drive yesterday and didn't do much other than get here. Thought I'd catch up with everyone.

Ruth, it's warm here, too. I was just outside with Bing and did a pitchfork check. The garden plot is thawing well. We usually till as soon as we can, although we certainly can't plant anything for ages. Great news that your table/chairs sold and gone!

Cyndi, I hope you have another great birding day!

Cottage, I hope your awful project is progressing. The nursery in Denver had pansies, but I didn't buy any yet.

Kara, it's great news that your scale is really moving! Italy sure sounds fun!

Pearlrose, any downward movement is great...and you've lost so many inches!

Cat, I looked up crepe(crape)myrtles. They look beautiful! My sis just got a Vita Mix, I'd love one but it's not in the budget for awhile. It is sure a great way to get all those veggies in.

Heidi, it was good news to hear Dad is out of the hospital.

Karen, the BAD ski traffic is on I-70 between Denver and Frisco. Weekends are the worst. Mornings are super bad westbound from 7-10, and evenings start getting bad Eastbound if you're not to the Eisenhower Tunnel by 3 in the afternoon. It is very very slow during those times, and can actually come to a standstill if the weather is bad. I assume you are going to get off 70 at Empire Jct and go over Berthoud Pass. You won't even go as far as the tunnel. You should be fine if you leave Denver at noon. Check ahead, yesterday morning Berthoud Pass was closed for some reason. Just google CDOT, (Colo Div of Transp) and they list all the road conditions and closures.

Schmoodle, did you go see Alice? I hope you got a walk in, too.

Chelby, I hope Auston is feeling better today.

Okie, you and I sure have similar sleep patterns.

Jenn, did I see you had Moroccan food last night? It's one of my favorites. I haven't tried Amy's pizzas. I'm with you, too, on spending $$ to eat right.

Kierie, glad you enjoyed the movie. I love Johnny Depp. BTW-I think the concept of groceries at your doorstep is so interesting. You are very dedicated to give up candy for lent. Thankfully, I don't have much interest in candy.

Kari, I'm glad you're back. Now we will always stay updated on the world of Kareoke! I'm going to try the Salsa chicken soon.

I'm thinking of riding my bike to church today. I talked to my Sis last night-shes driving over early Monday and we're going to ski again! I looked and the local area has a spring pass for $200. I'm thinking I might go for it, because I'll already be in for $40 tomorrow. It was great exercise, and it was a very enjoyable experience for me. It would sure kick my March exercise numbers up.

I got restless, not having a ticker, so I got one from Ticker Factory. I kind of like it, now to get it moving.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:22 AM   #45  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks How I wish I had that coffee right now! Ah well, it will have to wait.

Debbie - So happy you made it skiing and had a good time! Love the pics too. You look great!!

Jenn & Kara - How would those brownies be without the caramel syrup? DW won't touch them with that in there and I generally avoid artificial sweeteners too but I really want to try those!

Kari - great job at the bar

Cottage - Hope the rest of the demolition passes without incident. The pansies sound like just the right thing.

everyone. Without coffee this is all I can manage

We are off to breakfast and another day at the Island. The weather is perfect again. Hope you get a chance to enjoy some sunshine where you are
Closed Thread