SBD Comfort Food

• I have a cold and want comfort food. I plan on making myself chicken soup, but usually when I'm sick, I let myself indulge in pasta and bread and cupcakes. I want to be good though. What is your SBD comfort food?
  • Chicken soup sounds good. I also like spicy chili with lots of beans, a sprinkle of LF cheese and a dollop of LF sour cream on top. Really any kind of soup sounds good when you're sick. Clears your sinuses a bit and filling.
  • taco bake...*drool*

Spaghetti squash pizza pie too!
  • Refried Bean Soup, all the way! The spicyness of it will open your head up!
  • Sweet potatoes!
  • The mushroom barley soup I made today is a standard cold winter day soup around here. For colds though I prefer really spicy foods to help clear my sinuses, so chili, curried vegetable soups, etc and absolutely nothing with dairy.
  • I always want split pea soup or the Fireside White Bean & Sausage soup from our recipes section when I have a cold, but my new favorite "comfort food" is the Mock Cornbread w/Spicy Beef Casserole. I just substitute veggie crumbles or Gimme Lean Sausage for the meat. Mmmmmmmmmmm.
  • Another vote for chili here! Although I also make a mean chicken noodle soup (made with whole wheat noodles for phase 2, could omit them for phase 1).
  • sf jello with 2 tbsp whipped cream or peanut butter cup dessert. It feels like i'm being indulgent but i'm not
  • Plain yogurt with strawberries, blueberries, a little bit of fiber 1 and walnuts, and a packet or 2 of splenda! Yum!
  • last time I had a cold I made a cabbage soup with some carrots and spices. It was quick and I loved it.
    take care
    Sophie
  • I had refried bean soup for lunch and it was delish. Then I made unstuffed cabbage soup for dinner. My indulgence was was lots of tea with milk. Honey chamomile tastes so sweet without sugar. I'm definitely going to try the sausage white soup too, that's a great call.

Thanks for the suggestions ladies!
  • Oatmeal. My comfort food is totally oatmeal!
  • Broccoli cheese soup is creamy and comforting.
  • I forgot!!!! If you're Ph2, make a grilled cheese with 2 slices ww bread, ICBINB spray, and 2 slices LF cheese (I use American and Pepperjack.) Dip in tomato soup (see several recipes in Soups and Stews Phase 1.) That's the best comfort food EVER!