South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 07:21 AM   #16  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Happy Monday!

I'm so excited! Reservations for Disney are made! WooHoo!!! We'll be there for 7 days in April. I've never been on a vacation for 7 days! We are looking for some non-Mouse things to do, too. Our condo has a great pool with a lazy river and fun slides. Hopefully it will be warm enough to swim. I have no doubt it will be warm enough for Auston. I have 41 days to look as good as I can look. I like a challenge!

My family is awake and are messing up my quiet morning time. I'll check in later...
Old 03-01-2010, 07:48 AM   #17  

S/C/G: maintaining

March - yahoo!

Kara - Skype is great! My college son got us on there and we use it to keep in touch (along with emails and texts and calls). But seeing a loved ones face is much better. I hope the weeks without Tom pass quickly for you.

Debbie - Sounds like you are feeling better today I just got the the response. Funny how my questions get answered on here before I even ask them! Great minds thinking alike.

Cyndi - Hopefully the retreat will be productive. What are you making for it?

Katy - I love the optimism

Twynn - "dreadmill" LOL

Heidi - Happy Monday back at ya!

Cottage - Thanks for the countdown

Mmc - I love your determination!

Ruth - Think spring thoughts. Skype is great! I hope you recover quickly.

Chelby - How fun!

Last night DS hurt his ankle in bball and may need to be seen today. Track practice starts today so I guess he will not be running after all. More later, when I can be more cheerful about stuff. Another one of those days for me.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:09 AM   #18  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Kara- Great job on the loss!! What is skype? The weeks will fly by I am sure! Sometimes I don't mind the "small" seperations! Makes me love hubby more when he comes home!

Morning Debbie

Cyndi- Hope you get what you need out of the retreat.

Tammy- Glad ur feeling better!

Morning Heidi!!

Morning Cottage! Have a great day and enjoy work!

MMC- You will make into the 150's!

Katiebug You have a great attitude!!!

Ruth Hope you get an appointment and I hope you feel better!!

Hey Chelby-- Woohoo on the mouse trip!! I love disney! There are some fun non mouse places to go. Wonderworks is a fun place for kids it is an upside down building! With my job I deal with Disney daily LOL! We tell little kids that Mickey is our boss since we book so many disney vacations!!!

Me- DD turned 12 today! I am so not ready for a pre-teen/teenager!!! HAHA I am sure work will be nuts this is the last full week before our travel extravaganza! I have to take a final on Friday in my macroeconomics class.

I hope you all have a great day.

Last edited by tammies00; 03-01-2010 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:44 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Good morning, everyone.

I haven't been able to check in on this thread lately because of craziness at work; craziness that is only about to get crazier. The end result will be worth it, but right now I am going nuts!

I heartily endorse Skype as well - it's a great way of keeping in touch with people both near and far.

Stepped on the scale and was down 2.5lbs this morning. Woo hoo! 9 more pounds to my 10% goal; it doesn't seem so far off now.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #20  
Visualizing the Goal

Michelle, you guys are going to have so much fun! We are planning to take the kids to Disney World when Tom retires as a special trip.

Karen, hope your son's foot is OK!

Tammie, Skype is an internet-based phone service. You can use it to call computer to computer (which is free) or computer to landline. We use it to talk to family back home and to Tom whenever he's away. With the camera in the laptop, it's easy for everybody to be able to see the kids, and the kids have a blast showing things to everyone.

Jenny, congrats on the loss! That's wonderful! I hope your work craziness is over soon and that the rewards are phenomenal!

The kids and I just got back from a great walk! It's sunny and beautiful out today, so instead of getting on the Wii like I was going to this afternoon, I decided to take the munchkins out for a stroll. Hopefully it wore them out enough that they will sleep well again tonight! It's so nice to see the sun.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:01 AM   #21  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi ladies,

I am severely depressed today. I went astray this weekend with eating (not the worst, not the best and nothing in excess), DW loses her job today, tomorrow I prep for another colonoscopy and my monthly "frenemy" thought she could make an appearance today on weigh-in day so I am waiting to do that until tomorrow. It's just a really sh!tty day all around, I can't concentrate and wrap my head around anything. Sorry, no personals today. Just a whine.

Hopefully I will shake it off in time for later.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Height: 5'6

Hiya chicks! Drama in my house. My ten year old sister is showing herself to be a brat! She ran away from home because my father disciplined her! I was soooooooo worried! She's back home now, thankfully! This would be the thing to make me slip on my diet, but I'm hanging tough. Pray for my kid sister, please. Good-day friends.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:43 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 330/315/154

Congratulations Jenny and Kara! I hope things improve Jenn. I'm not a happy camper either, ready abve to learn why.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:37 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 185/ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone! Busy today but I will make an attempt at covering everything...

Kara- Seriously, your cleaning makes me feel very lazy. I haven't even loaded the dishwasher this morning. I'm sorry your husband will be away for a while. I know you're probably used to it, but that still has to be difficult. It's great that you guys can keep in touch with Skype though. I bet the kids love to be able to see him!

Debbie- I see you are not feeling well...hope you get some rest today so you can enjoy the concert!

Cyndi- I hope your retreat goes well tomorrow!

Katybug- Keep that optimism! I think that's half the battle.

Twynn- Glad your cough is better! Sometimes a cough can take a very long time to shake!

Heidi- Sounds like you have a busy day! Good luck with both meetings. I know I'd be sleeping through them, even after the 4 day weekend!

Cottage- Thanks for the spring reminder! 19 days isn't so long. Sitting here in my cold house, it's hard to remember that spring really IS coming!

Mmc- I am so jealous of your upcoming trip to Florida! Are you going to Disney?

Ruth- Sorry you're not feeling well today. I Hope you can get in to the doctor and get some medicine to help your cough! Glad to see you are planning a nap! Naps are great for healing!

Chelby- Oh, another Florida trip for me to be envious of! I love Disney but it will be a while before we can go. We used to go often when we lived in FL so I can't complain but I sure do miss it! If you're looking for something "unDisney" to do and you enjoy quiet parks, look up the Bok Tower Garden. It's not too far from Disney and such a nice change from the hussle of the parks.

Karen- Sorry it's not been a good day so far. I hope it gets better. How is your mom and her husband?

Tammie- Happy 12th to your daughter!

Jenny- Congrats on your 2.5 lbs! What a great start to the week!

Jenn- I'm sorry you're having a bad Monday morning. It sounds like you have lots of reason to whine, so don't feel bad about that! I hope things improve!

FoodO- I am sorry about the troubles with your sister! I'm glad she's back home and safe. Kids really can drive us crazy, can't they? I hope she gets over whatever made her upset.

Me, just a regular day here. Back to normal after our snow induced 4 day weekend. I think even the kids were happy to get back to school. Hubby and I celebrated by going out to breakfast. My littlest will be home from school in a little while, then we are going grocery shopping.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Good morning, everyone! I'm late, but I'm here!

Kara: Congrats on making your goal and then some for Feb!! It's so great that the paper-chain tradition is still alive and well in your Tom-less household. I bet that makes it a lot easier to cope with for you and the kids. Enjoy the sunshine!!

Debbie: I hope your morning nap will make you feel better. A 3 am blast off will be really hard if you're still not feeling well.

Cyndi: Enjoy your day of cooking. At least you'll know that the food part of the retreat will be pleasant. I hope it all goes well and that everyone feels ready for what's ahead.

katybug: I love that it's the first of March, too. We still get our cold snaps, but it's usually fairly pleasant here. I'm sure you'll be at your mini-goal in no time!!

Twynn: Is it the black bean soup from the Supercharged cookbook? DH and I are going to try it next weekend. Hope you have a great day!

Heidi: I hope you have a wonderful day in spite of how busy it is!

Linda: We've got the wind, too. Boy, was it howling last night! I hope it's not a strong wind, especially if you have to be out in it. Have a good day!

Mmckellan: Wow, a vacation to FL would definitely make March more fun for us, but March is an at-home month where we try to stay in town as much as possible. I'll be cheering you on as you accomplish the 150's!!

Ruth: I hope you get an appt. and that you can get the cough figured out and cleared up!

Chelby: Congrats on booking your trip! I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun. And what great motivation to get going!!

Waisting Time: Sorry to hear about your son. If he's not there for practice today, will he be out for the whole season? I hope not. Hang in there!

Tammie: Happy Birthday to your DD and good luck with both a pre-teen and a big exam!!

Jenny: Congrats on the scale movement this morning! I'm glad you can see the light at the end of the tunnel in spite of the craziness at work.

Jenne:

FO: How scary that she ran away! I'll pray for all of you as you deal with this. WTG staying on track in spite of it!!

Me: Well, it's back to P1 this morning. I've probably said this a million times, but I'm so ready to be CLEAN!! I didn't make it to the store yesterday because a huge wind-storm came up, but we haven't been eating that poorly, so I was able to get a perfect P1 day out of what was in the pantry and fridge. I've got a big grocery list and will tackle that after my eye appt. this afternoon.

Our big election day is tomorrow, so I'm off of work since they use my office to count votes. This is the big election that we've all been worrying about and the opposing candidate has gotten really nasty in the past few days and has attacked my office several times already without knowing how we do business (according to state law). It's going to be a close race and I'm starting to wonder how hard my job's going to get if he's elected. One more day and we should know...

Well, enough worrying for the day. It's in the hands of the people and they'll elect who they elect. Nothing I can do to change that.

I hope everyone has a great day! I'm going to do my best to!!
Old 03-01-2010, 10:45 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Morning everyone!

Haven't been on in while-- midterms are looming nearer and my classes just keep loading on the work.

I'm having a hard time keeping to Phase I, particularly on the weekends. We don't have lunch and breakfast here on the weekends. Its just brunch which is usually sweet things/fruit. I got really sick this weekend because of it so I'm hoping that taught me a lesson and I'm going to head out this weekend and grab some things I can keep in the fridge/microwave for those meals.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:35 PM   #27  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning,

Quickflyby for me- praying for all of you who are not feeling well or dealing with stresses and for Kara and her family.

I came in at 0 for weightloss for February but that is because the scale went up by 5 lbs and came down by same since being on Phase 1 and TOM is here so I will see what clean eating does for this week. Hoping I can finally move the ticker down this weekend.

Chelby I have 25 days left of clean eating before our Disney Trip.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #28  

S/C/G: maintaining

Tammie - Good luck on your final.

JennyP - I am glad that the crazy will have a good end for you. Congrats on you loss!

Kara - Thank you. No obvious signs this morning but still hurts so we wrapped it and will take him to get it checked after school to see if he can get back to track soon. That walk sounds so nice.

Jenn - I'm so sorry you are in a funk. And bummer on another test. Poor DW. My day was starting out the same and I can't believe how much better I felt after I exercised! Maybe you can fit some in and get some endorphins going.

FoodO - I think drama is a girl thing and am glad for that reason that I only have sons!

K - Thanks for asking. Yesterday was bad... suddenly today is so much better. We have optimism now Grocery shopping sounds good to me right now.

Kim - I am sure they will take him when he can run again. But he probably will be set back as far as conditioning and how he performs. There could be worse things. Happy PH1 You are so sane not to worry about things you can't control... I need to follow your example.

Kate - Sounds like a good plan. Get studying!

Pearlrose - Good luck with your ticker... you can do a lot in 25 days!

I have exercised and it sooooo helped my mood. Things are looking up, somewhat, with my mom's husband and I don't think she will need me today so I have a huge to-do list and plan to get busy. (Of course I thought I had yesterday off too and he had a set-back that had Mom and me rushing back to the hospital. Crisis over. Good thing since I was really, really overwhelmed last night and this morning.)

Soup thawing in the microwave.
Old 03-01-2010, 01:57 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Hello chicks,
Thank goodness for telecons! Gives me a chance to pop in and say hello. Looks like lambs for us, sun shining! Here we go with another busy week. I couldn't get to sleep last night so ended up staying up watching The Stand until 1AM. I'm dragging butt today as a result. DD2 is too, she is home from school not feeling well, but I don't think she's really sick, just having stomach issues.
The weekend was good, I had tea and a nice long chat with a friend Sunday, which really lifted my mood. I've been feeling a little isolated with DH away, all the bad weather, etc. I really haven't been getting out enough!
Expecting another busy/stressful week at work, but they all are nowadays. I think I've got a trip to St Pete FL in a couple of weeks, so hoping for some nice weather so I can soak up a little sun. I may stay an extra day and drive over to Epcot to check out the garden festival. I've never been there during the festival, so I hope I can work it out. I've got the architect coming Thursday to do the field measurements for the addition, and I'm excited to get started on the project, at least the design phase.
Haven't heard a peep from DH in more than three weeks now and it's starting to get on my nerves. I've emailed him a few times, but nothing back. He said he might be switching ships, so that's probably why, but with all these tsunamis and earthquakes in the So Pacific, I'd feel better if I could hear something.

Don't know if I'll get through personals - depends on how long the telecon goes, but I'll give it a try!
Congrats on surpassing your goal Kara!
Debbie, happy house transition! Hope you are feeling better.
Cyndi, ugh, a work retreat does not sound fun. I tried that lentil soup, I'll send you my review after you try it.
Hello katy, good luck with your goal
Twynn, enjoy your short week.
Heidi, when DH first started going to sea, we didn't have email yet either. It was snail mail, and I am a terrible correspondent. Poor DH!
Mmc, lots of chicks headed for FL this month and next!
Happy March, cottage.
Chels, I'm sure you'll be able to swim. We swam when we were there in January. The pools are nice and warm. I'm excited for you! Wish I could go along!
Ruth, glad you are going to get checked out! We are skypers too. Mostly DH, he calls his mom in France every Sunday.
waisting, hope DS isn't injured badly!
tammie, Happy Bday to DD! I too have an almost 12YO DD. Fun age. Sounds like you will be ready for a nice vaca.
jenn! Hope your day improves!
Congrats Jenny! Great job!
Obsessed, wow, 10 is young to run away. I hope she got that out of her system!
Have a great day Ks!
Pearl, you know that scale will move for you soon.
Good luck with midterms, Kate.
Kim, I hope the election goes the way you are hoping.

Well, I think I got through everyone and those guys are still flapping their gums, I quit listening a while ago, but can't hang up yet. My part was over early.

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Schmoodle; 03-01-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #30  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

OK so don't be mad at me but after 1 week on Ph1 and 2 and a half days of the stomach flu, I gave in and ate about 7 tortilla chips this afternoon. I stayed OP until today though, but I was just so miserable and weak from this stupid bug. Ugh.

Stayed home from work today. Came down with the flu Saturday, and Chris started with a respiratory thing at the same time. Then he got half the stomach bug (just the awful gas part) and we both had that yesterday. Neither of us slept at all last night because I had wicked tummy cramping and gas, and he was coughing all night. Then this morning I was nauseous and dizzy, but I never got the fever like Chris had, in fact when I took my temp, I think I was legally dead.....

I think I'm almost better though. My stomach still seems a bit iffy but I'm not seeing stars and trying to pass out anymore. Going to have some OP Broccoli Cheese Soup and see how that sits. Not going to say screw it, but not finishing a 2nd week of Ph1. I think the cravings are gone since I watched Christopher eat chocolate cake, girl scout thin mint cookies, peanut butter cookies with Reese's Pieces on top, BBQ chips, ice cream, fruit, and every other yummy thing I could ever be tempted by and I didn't cave.

The thing that's killing me most is that I gave up all soda for Lent. When my tummy was upset, it kept saying "PLEASE, give me Sprite? I'd do anything for a Sprite." But I am faithful to the Lord too. Jesus suffered worse for me than I suffered with a Sprite-less stomach flu and that's kind of the whole point I think.

So anyhoozle, gonna still be good, just not Ph1 anymore. Will weigh-in and let you know how I did tomorrow morning. Hope everyone's well and fine! Happy March 1!!!

Lisa
Closed Thread