What's for dinner, dreaming of spring 2010

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • The winter thread is closed and I don't see a new one yet. I was about to say "please merge if there is one" and realized I could do that (you know, if I'd read all the info and actually knew what I was doing!)

I love this thread. It encourages me try add new meals every week and avoid the dreaded dinner rut.

Tonight I'm making 13 bean soup with Trader Joe's veggie sausage, some greens & zucchini from the dehydrated stash, fire roasted tomatoes and creole seasoning with cauliflower and http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/snac...asabi-dip.html on the side. There will be banana blueberry mock coffee cake for dessert.
  • Cyndi, If Grandpa from HeeHaw were a vegetarian, that's what he would have for dinner, too! I have 15 bean soup with a big ole ham hock on the stove. I have to try the 'fried' green beans.
  • Monica and Carley came out for the day, so I made regular lasagna for them, and made a mushroom and spinach filled butternut lasagna that I could enjoy. Monica tasted it and actually liked it better than the meat lasagna. I made a big salad to go with it, but didn't get around to making the mock coffee cake I planned. So dessert will be a SF chocolate pudding cup while the rest of the gang has ice cream and Girl Scout cookies.
  • I had some shrimp scampi, sans breading and salad! I was sooo good with those meatballs in front of me with the pasta!
  • Leftovers from the dinner party tonight: Orange chicken, ww couscous, broccoli salad and some grapes with lf sour cream and fake brown sugar.
  • Yummy leftovers for me for supper today, too. Butternut squash lasagna, stuffed with mushrooms and spinach.
  • I had some Kashi cereal. Nom nom nom
  • I think I'm going to have roasted salmon on herby Puy lentils with spinach... It's gorgeously sunny here today and it just feels right.
  • Feels so good to be back on plan!
    Baked salmon with lemon & pepper
    A mess of herb-roasted root veggies: turnip, parsnip, sweet potato, carrot, onion, beet
    Giant green salad with balsamic vinegar and a bit of olive oil
  • Hi Emma! Missed you and your recipes

Tonight we are having leftover mushroom barley soup (my contribution to the staff lunch), salad and veggie burgers.
  • Tonight was Taco Bake, but once I get that eaten up, I plan to make Black Bean Quesadillas, Macaroni & Cheeses, and Tortellini with Mushrooms and Peas in Creamy Sauce.

Made the Taco Bake with fake meat so everyone else refuses to eat it (IT TASTES GOOD) but the other stuff should get eaten up no problem!
  • The kids' grandparents treated them to some disgusting fast food tonight, so I made myself a zucchini pancake and Laurie's Turnips with Greens. I love that stuff!
  • I'm not in SB but my sister and daughter are!

So, for DD, I made a lovely chicken, artichoke crown, cabbage, onion, carrot, asparagus, red kale, garlic and poultry seasoning stew and served it with an assortment of cheeses, baby carrots and cucumber slices on the side.
  • Spaghetti squash deep dish Italian pie leftovers. Yummy! Roasted grape tomatoes, zucchini and onion.
  • I bought a turkey kielbasa and I'll make creamy saurkraut to go with it (drain a bag of saurkraut, put in the pan you used to fry up the kielbasa and mix in some low fat or non fat sour cream - it is so good.)