Who has Facebook?

• I got this idea from another thread. You can catch me on there anyime! Just type in Okiemute Esiekpe, my full name. I've already got Kara as a friend and I'd like more of you to be my friend on there!
  • I'm on Facebook too. My name is Monica Duggan-Howell. I'd love to have some chickies as friends!
  • I have Facebook but I'm freakishly paranoid and afraid to post my name here for all the world to see!
  • Social Networking for Beachy Babes
    Hi all,

I wondered how to best do this so we stayed within the rules while also keeping in mind privacy issues. But I know I'd like to friend some of you on FB!

I noticed that we are allowed to give out, under "additional information," our chat names, skype names, etc. Would it be against any rules to post our email addresses somewhere in our profiles then post here if we have a FB and want to be friended.

Then all we'd have to do is search such sites of our own accord for email addresses and Voila!

Mods, could you answer this?

Thank you!
  • opps, I started a whole new thread on this so we don't break any rules/privacy issues.

maybe mods will merge it!
  • If we are allowed to instant message eachother...Can't we share info that way?
  • I'm certainly not a moderator and don't make the rules. But, it seems to me that those interested in friending each other on FB could just send each private messages with that information. For me personally, I have a number of friends on FB, but I have personally met each and every one of them. I never friend "friends of friends" or anyone I don't personally know -- mostly because of privacy issues. It's nothing personal, but I'm very leery about having my email address made public for any reason.

With that said, I think it's a great idea for people to friend each other, especially those that have really gotten to know each other through this cyber world. I just think it should be an individual choice.
  • There is also a 3FC facebook group. It's not very active but it's a way to find other Chicks and then more through them
  • I just joined that group...Why don't all who want to, join the group and make a post that they are looking for friends?
  • It is not a good idea to put your email or your real name in your profile or here in the Forums for the world to see. Use PMs if you want to exchange personal info.
    Just some grandmotherly advice because there are a lot of creeps out in the big wide world, my children.
  • I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows email addresses are not considered a secure form of communication. If someone wanted your email address it wouldn't take long for them to get it. When we sign up for any website, we give names, email address, and other personal information. A friend of mine is a Microsoft Tech and during a conversation about a similar situation he sat at my computer, asked what my step-moms name is, and in less than 5 minutes had her email address, name , age, and some other personal info. All from looking online.

If you are truly worried, freeze your credit (it's free), or join a site like quizzle.com , creditkarma.com, and check your credit report frequently. You can check it free once a year from all 3, so if you check one in January, then check another in May, and the last in September.

Hope that helps!

Oh and BTW, I am a business owner so my info is EVERYWHERE! I do all the things mentioned above, plus I joined Lifelock. Even if I didn't have lifelock, I would have no problem giving my info out (as seen above). You shouldn't be afraid to connect with new people!
  • Hmmmm...

All good things to think about. I know I wouldn't PM 15 people for their real names. That feels like a weird to ask.

I know each of my Facebook friends too. I just haven't met them all in 3-D. Just like I know people can see me as a friend on FB of say Cyn's friend list and don't friend me, I wouldn't want to just ask someone. That would, IMHO, put me and the person in a bad way.

I guess we can just reply here if you want to be friended and if not, don't? And if so, we should PM. If not then no friend for you!
  • You could post a link to a photo in an album on facebook and people could find you that way.
  • Yeah, here chickiedoos. Look through Cyndi's friends and find the one named Lisa that has this profile picture:

That's me. Add if you like.
  • http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php...&id=1496443584

Here is a photo on my page. Add me if you like.

Tammie