3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Wakey-Wakey Wednesday Beach Chat (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/195123-wakey-wakey-wednesday-beach-chat.html)

Lexxiss 02-24-2010 05:17 AM

Wakey-Wakey Wednesday Beach Chat

Good Morning:sunny:

My back is still whacked out, but I'm up and the coffee is piping hot. I'll put on some tea water, too. I'm anxious to hear what everyone is up to today-a few weather woes, I'm sure. Stop and say Hi :cofdate: as you head into hump day.

I went to bed early, and I'm going to work on my shelter paperwork for a bit. I did start a bit of a fun project yesterday. My pool and therapy dog friend gave me these beautiful plastic webbed bags that she's saved from buying her black sunflower seeds. They have a giant sunflower and beautiful birds. I've started my first reusable bag, and it's gorgeous! I'll probably finish the first one today-but think I'll pay a visit to the chiropractor, too.

Heidi58 02-24-2010 05:38 AM

Did I hear the teakettle whistling? :)

Good morning Debbie, I'm sorry your back is still bothering you. :(
Those bags sound great! I've often admired the bag my parents get their birdseed in - it's got a huge cardinal on it - but I've never thought of making something from the bags. What an awesome idea!

It's snowing here this morning, so I've got some snowshoeing in my future again. If I could just arrange for the snow to fall on the grass but not the roads and driveways I'd be as happy as a clam. :lol:

Enjoy your Wednesday friends! :hug:

CyndiM 02-24-2010 05:54 AM

Good morning :coffee2: Snowy, snowy, snowy here. Luckily I'd already planned to WFH so no stress about decision making.

Debbie - I swear it's the weather. My back has been driving me nuts for the last week. :crossed: here's hoping we are all back to normal soon!
Those bags sound so cute. Pictures?

Heidi - We have plenty of snow here and more to come. Come on down :)

Still waiting for some daylight. Our plow guy is not the most reliable and if he hasn't come I've got to help DW shovel, cranky back or not. Her company isn't so agreeable about WFH on bad road days. Right now I need to fill some water containers for tea and other stuff, just in case. I'm sure I'll be around a lot today :)

tomandkara 02-24-2010 06:07 AM

Debbie, I hope your chiropractor appointment goes well and the back pain disappears. Will you share a picture of your bag when you finish it?

Heidi, if you can figure out how to direct the snow, please let me know!!!

Cyndi, be careful with the shoveling. I hope some yoga will help you feel better!

I am taking a break from cleaning. I've almost got the second floor done - just the bedrooms to vacuum and then I need to head downstairs and do tomorrow's chores so that I can go to exercise class tomorrow morning. Ballet last night was SO much fun! I am really looking forward to that class and am so glad I signed up! There were even two men there!

We have martial arts for the girls, a basketball game for Connor, and then church tonight. I don't know when we're going to get a break! I already practiced my flute for the service this evening and worked on the accompaniment to Connor's newest violin piece. I'd better get back to cleaning so I can be finished when the kids get home.

Have a good Wednesday, all!

cottagebythesea 02-24-2010 06:08 AM

Good morning Deb and Heidi! Thanks for the coffee! :coffee:

Debbie, those bags sound great and I'd love to see a picture of them if you can post one. I'm sorry your back is still giving you grief and hope it start eases up today.

Heidi, so you're finally getting some snow! Enjoy it but be careful out there!

Morning, Cyndi! I hope Julie gets to work with no problems. I sure hate to drive in the snow, it's a shame we can't all just stay home. Cyndi is trying to decide whether they should still drive up there today. I'm hoping they go, anyway, so I can enjoy an extra long weekend, but that's totally selfish of me to think that way.

We're listening to our forecast for tomorrow and Friday, too. There's the potential for another substantial snowstorm, OR, we may get nothing at all. :dizzy: If Cindy doesn't go to Vermont today and it's snowing tomorrow, I'll have the day off anyway. But I feel guilty staying home while she's trying to deal with the girls, the horses, and plowing the farm.
Yesterday I baked them 3 loaves of banana bread and roasted a big turkey for their trip. They were going to enjoy a hot turkey dinner last night, then take the leftovers with them. Cindy is picking up the girls at school right after lunch today, and hopefully they'll be on their way. I'll just hang around the house tidying up after them, before I head home. Keep your fingers crossed that they still go! :crossed:

Shimmy Slim 02-24-2010 06:20 AM

Good morning, all!

Lexxis, sorry to hear that your back is troubling you today. I hopw it settles down soon and that you feel better after visiting the chiropractor. Mine always manages to fix me up.

Heidi and Cyndi, is all this snow you're getting usual for this time of year? I'm getting mighty nervous about our US trip... My wardrobe doesn't extend as far as snow gear!! We'll be in Vermont (Burlington) at the end of March, so if you guys could melt all the snow on the roads that would be fabulous!!

As for me... there's nothing much going on here. I have to get yself organised to bake/sculpt/create a car cake for my brother-in-law's friend which I am beginning to dread. I'm going to have to be very disciplined to not lick out bowls etc and it needs to be an exact replica of her car. Eeek! Got some exercise planned later on while Lucas is at pre-school and plenty of tidying, she says as small child empties big box of toys all over floor *sigh*

Maryjaneld 02-24-2010 06:25 AM

Morning :),
I can't believe it's Wednesday already! The week is flying by.
Wow Debbie, i'm impressed. I've never heard of anyone making a reusuable bag, but i'm intrigued by the concept.
Heidi, hope the snow falls wherever is easiest for you to manage it, so grass it is.
Cyndi, hope working from home works out for you.
Kara, ballet class sounds great! I don't think they have any adult classes where I am, or I would totally go.
Cottage, i'm crossing my fingers for you, and i can almost smell the banana bread now....
As for me, today is teaching, then after school, then packing. My friend is turning 30 this weekend, and she has decided to go to Vegas for the weekend, so i'm headed on a flight with her tomorrow night. Packing for trips always makes me a little nervous. I always pack too much, better to have something and not need it than vice versa.
Have a great hump day!

CyndiM 02-24-2010 06:34 AM

Kara - Ballet sounds like fun.

Cottage - It's pretty nasty up here right now. It's the heavy wet snow that clogs tires and brings trees down. Yuck. We have snow in the forecast every day until Monday. Guess that's what we get for missing those two storms you got ;)
Today I'm making a peach/blueberry mock coffeecake. I found maple agave at the Co-op and can't wait to cook with it!

Shimmy - You should be prepared for snow in Vermont until late April/early May. It's possible that late but not likely (though my co-worker could tell you about all the late storms we've had. She loves weather trivia). Storms in late March usually have heavy, wet snow. If there's not snow there's plenty of mud if you go outside of Burlington. That time of year it can't quite make up its mind so you never know what the weather will be like. Burlington is a lovely little town with some great restaurants. Vermont is very health conscious so you should have an easy time finding things to eat. Enjoy your visit :)

Lauren - that's how I pack too :) Have a great time in Vegas. It's my DD's favorite place to go for a quick get away.

Lexxiss 02-24-2010 06:43 AM

I'm not very savvy, when it comes to getting a picture posted. Here's a link to someone who has done this and given a tutorial http://curbly.com/stephee/posts/2064...g-grocery-tote. Isn't that beautiful!

Heidi, have your parents save those bags. It's pretty darn easy with a heavy duty needle on the maching. Be careful on the road.

Cyndi, sorry DW has to go in to work. It will be nice to have you around today-I'm going stir crazy. Maple Agave is good!

Kara, I'm glad you're enjoying ballet class. Happy cleaning! Congrats on moving that ticker!

Cottage, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Shimmy, the cake sounds interesting! :dust: for not licking out the bowls!

Lauren, wow! Thats a long trip from NY to Vegas! A hop skip and a jump for us here. Have fun packing and anticipating!

I'm as far as I can go with paperwork-maybe some office pickup is in order. I need a secretary!

Ruthxxx 02-24-2010 06:46 AM

Morning all! Today is Donna Day so I need to tidy before I leave for town. I have a quilting class and then need to do a big grocery shop, something I've not done since Christmas! I have 12 to 15 people coming for dinner Friday evening and need to work a Bingo that day so tomorrow will be The Big Cook!

Although I don't have time for personals these days because of limiting my time here, I do read all the posts and just want to say we have a really great group!

Time for a :grouphug:

KO 02-24-2010 06:47 AM

Morning Ladies!
I'm checking in early post workout pre shower. . .its a good thing we don't have smellovision!
Debbie Thanks for the coffee Lady and I'll send some relaxing vibe to your back after the chiro you'll be like new! I want to see the pics of those bags :D
Heidi here's to snow free driveways!!
Cyn be careful shoveling and enjoy your cozy day at home
Kara woman you are a dynamo! That's awesome about the ballet!
Cottage I have to say I'm hoping for crazy snow and a long weekend! Turkey and banana bread sounds amazing! I think I want to move next door to you and dh! Vino and Banana bread I'm in!!
Shimmy post a pic of the cake when it's done!!
Lauren Vegas sounds awesome! You'll have a great time

me Finally got my arse in gear with my writing tho dh feels woefully neglected
Today is day 3 ph 2 (More like Ph 1.5 but I'm having cereal so a spade is a spade) I stopped drinking crystal light b/c it turned me into the cookie monster Literally! (That just makes me think of Schmoo) Just looked at the time I have to hustle into the shower rustle up the crock pot (trying chili in the crock pot with stew meat) and get flyin!
Have a great day ladies will try to check in from work
kierie

WaistingTime 02-24-2010 07:28 AM

Good morning. I am soooo stressed out with my life today. But I am not doing the whole emotional eating thing:) I will be back in the hospital waiting room keeping my mom company, the basement repair starts tomorrow so computers need to be moved today, need to get some stuff done for the trip coming up, and there is more. Sigh.

And it is DS1's 20th birthday today!

Moving on...

Debbie - I hope you post a picture of the bag so I can see what you are talking about. What is with all the bad backs now? Just got to your post with the link. Cute!

Heidi - I like that idea - selective snowfall. Sign me up.

Cyndi - Hope you get plowed soon, beats a shovel!

Kara - I am trying to picture men in tutus since I need the laugh today!

Cottage - Ahhh, banana bread. I will cross mine for you.

Shimmy - Try chewing on gum!

MJ - I hate packing for trips. I have never been to Vegas. Have fun!

Ruth - Glad Donna is back. What's the menu?

Kierie - I love using the crockpot; I'd rather do the prep in the morning and just enjoy eating the finished product later in the day.

Lexxiss 02-24-2010 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruthxxx (Post 3169579)
Although I don't have time for personals these days because of limiting my time here, I do read all the posts and just want to say we have a really great group!

Time for a :grouphug:

Yes, Ruth, we have a great group! As you already know, personals aren't required, a simple hello is super fantastic!

Kierie, "smellovision" cracks me up! Think I'll do a stew in the crockpot, too. Maybe I'd be back on Kirks favorite list.

Karen, soooo sorry to hear you are stressed. I know you won't eat off plan but that sure won't make the other stuff go away. How long is Moms SO going to be in the hospital? Basement sounds yuck! At least you have a vacation to look forward to. Happy BD to DS1! BTW-I'm prepping now for Chinese tonight. With my back, I really don't feel like doing much at night.

Schmoodle 02-24-2010 08:12 AM

Oy, Wednesday already? I overslept 30 minutes this morning, so the kids had to rush to get out the door on time. I have had two perfectly on-plan days, and it's been a while since I could say that. I had a long chat with myself about some cookies in the kitchen last night and managed to talk myself out of it. Good technique, Cyndi! I don't usually chat much with myself, usually it's see.....grab.
I had my meeting with the PM yesterday, and the job situation is what I deduced. They want me to keep doing what I do, and there is a govt person that will sign off on everything. I'm funded through next Jan, so at least I have a job until then, and we'll see how things go in the meantime.

Debbie, those bags sound great! Sorry your back is still bothering you.
Happy snowshoeing Heidi. And late Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day.
Cyndi, glad you don't have to go out in the snow. Hope DW does okay. I got some of that maple agave for the kids. It's yummy.
kara, reading about your days exhausts me.
cottage, a little selfishness is a good thing every now and then! I hope you get your long weekend.
Waisting, I 'm sorry about your stressful day. forgive me, I haven't been around much - why are you in the hospital waiting room? Hope all is okay.
Kierie, thanks for thinking of me, I think. I love my crock pot but my repertoire is pretty small. I haven't found too many recipes I really like in there. Yesterday I did a pot roast, as I was on the road all day.
Ruth, dinner party? Sounds fun!
Lauren, have a fun trip! I do the opposite. I travel frequently for business, so I have mastered the art of packing light. I do sometimes underpack!
Shimmy, that cake project sounds very ambitious. Be sure to post a picture for us!

This evening I have to take DS to get a cavity filled, and then to a Parks&Rec Meeting. Quiet day (I hope), busy night, and maybe some more snow in the forecast, boo.

weezle 02-24-2010 08:21 AM

HI HI HI HI HI HI

Quick run-by fruiting! I'm not good with the timing of fixing breakfast, eating it, and checking all my emails/facebook/forums!

But the important thing is that I ate breakfast!!!! :D

Have a good day everyone!

Lisa