3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Had to stop Phase 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/195039-had-stop-phase-1-a.html)

TallGirl 02-23-2010 08:06 AM

Had to stop Phase 1

I just felt much too awful. NO energy, exhausted, queasy, weak, dizzy. I fell asleep last night and my stomach was all upset - woke up 8 hours later and my stomach is still all upset. I upped the beans, ate all my dairy servings and still felt terrible. So, I made the executive decision to add in 1-2 small fruit or whole grain/high fiber servings a day. I figured it was better to do this then give up all together because I felt too crappy to continue. A have too much to do during the next week to be run down. I also have had zero cravings and no appetite so think it was an okay decision.

TwynnB 02-23-2010 08:22 AM

Shhhh...don't tell. I ate strawberries my Phase I b/c I was miserable. At night, no cravings.

dwdeb 02-23-2010 09:25 AM

By all means, you have to listen to what your body is saying.
It sounds like you are modifying to fit your body's needs. Fruit and whole grains are good choices. If you start craving then perhaps you can adjust the times and amounts you are eating them.

I remember a number of years ago I tried the points system in WW, and was always STARVING. The WW people told me I would get used to it. NOT.
I gave up.

If you have to do phase 1.5 or phase 2 to stay on plan and develop a WOL, then go for it.

I have tweaked SB to fit my body, and though I am not losing as fast as I would like, but I am never starving or craving things I shouldn't eat.

Feel better!
Deb

TallGirl 02-23-2010 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwynnB (Post 3167731)
Shhhh...don't tell. I ate strawberries my Phase I b/c I was miserable. At night, no cravings.

Thanks, this makes me feel better.

Kslosingit 02-23-2010 11:05 AM

Don't feel bad Tallgirl. I think you made a wise decision. As long as you aren't feeling cravings, you are definitely much better off with a healthy fruit or grain than you would be if you just quit.

One bit of advice which you probably already know, make sure to have some protein with your fruit or grain. Apple with peanut butter, eggs or cheese with your bread.... For me this always makes the meal "last" and I don't find myself hungry before the next meal or snack.

ohmai 02-26-2010 03:20 PM

I think it's really good to listen to what your body is telling you! We're all wired a little differently and while some may do well with no carbs at all, some might actually require them to function. I never did do phase 1 without 'cheating'. I did Phase 1 with fruits and whole grain bread (which means I really just did phase 2 :P) and I didn't suffer the extreme cravings that I had when I was trying to do P1 the 'right' way. I'm sticking with that. :) (And losing too.)