3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   Melodic Monday! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/194906-melodic-monday.html)

BellaLucia 02-22-2010 03:14 AM

Melodic Monday!

What's up ladies and gents? It's a start to another week! As we near the end of February, are you happy with where you are at with SBD? I am doing well on the diet but unlike the first time I tried it, I've no desire to exercise! I'm gonna start exercsing by dancing on Wed. though. I used to dance on the streets of Lagos, Nigeria when I was six, lol!

litar 02-22-2010 05:31 AM

Good morning everyone! Thanks for the encouraging words FoodObsessed....I need to kick it into overdrive this last week in Feb.! I had set a goal of losing 8 pounds but I think it will be closer to 5 or 6 for the month! Food wise I have done ok but exercise wise I have not done well! My excuse has been the abundance of rain, snow and sleet...which is really unusual for my area, BUT I have decided to break out the DVDs this week and get back to getting in my exercise and sticking to my Spring challenge goal!!!!!
Hope everyone has a great start to your week!

Lexxiss 02-22-2010 05:48 AM

Good Morning:sunny:

Hi, Okie, what a Sweet start you've given us on this Melodic Monday! When I had gotten to my highest weight, I really had no desire to exercise. I'm older than you and had already been seeing the numerous health effects of being seriously overweight; high blood pressure, cholesterol and blood sugar. I knew I was moving towards heart problems and diabetes, and regular exercise was required to help reverse those conditions. I couldn't walk up the stairs without huffing and puffing. I started out very slowly, and have worked my way up. I would suggest the same for you. I now understand that regular exercise is an integral part of being healthy and losing weight. Of course, winter weather isn't making it easier right now, but one of the best things I added this winter is a 10 min. routine I do inside my house. One thing, when you start exercising regularly I believe you will have more rapid weight loss...and to answer your question, I am happy with where I am at with SBD. I'm looking forward to better weather and being able to kick up my exercise outside.

Hi, Litar. Break out the DVD's! It seems we have a bit more winter weather in store.

I'm up early because I have a serious amount of paperwork to wade through this morning. The pool is on my agenda for 10, and I'd like to have my work done.

See ya'll later. Coffee is definitely on :cofdate:. tea, too. Stop, sip and say Hi.

Ruthxxx 02-22-2010 05:49 AM

Good morning. No dancing for me today as I still have a sore back. It felt fine until I sat down in this chair and then.... Time for a new chair, I guess.

I'm off to the gym in a bit and then for a minor grocery shop. There was no milk for the coffee this morning as I didn't even get dressed, let alone go to the store. Luckily I had some tinned fat-free so things were OK. My dogs insist on a little bit of milk before they have their morning kibble. Spoiled brats!

Happy moving into Monday, Okie and Litare.

ETA: :wave: at Debbie. I am so envious of your pool trips. I need to drive 30 minutes to get to the nearest one.

Heidi58 02-22-2010 05:59 AM

Good morning friends! :wave:

Okie, I'm not much of a dancer but it sure looks like great exercise. Enjoy!
I'm very happy with where I am on SBD, too. I'm getting to close to 50 lbs down. When I started in October it was hard to imagine making it to 20 lbs down and I had no clue about how healthy, strong and happy I'd be feeling at this point.

litar, we've still got another week of February. Who knows? You could still make your goal. :crossed: Increasing the exercise is always a good thing though. It's hard to fit everything in when your family is young though. I remember those days.

Good morning Debbie, up early as usual. :) Good luck with that paperwork!

Oh Ruth, I'm sorry. :( I'd really hoped to read that your back was feeling much better today. How soon can you go shopping for a more comfortable chair?

It's back to school for me today, and I was up and at 'em early. :) Last night I was whining about the vacation week going by too quickly but this morning I woke up excited to get back.

We're doing a school wide Olympic theme this week, starting with an Opening Ceremonies theme this morning. My kiddos are too young to take part in most of the week's challenges but we're doing the reading challenge so I made them "uniforms" last night. :p They're going to love them - and they'll look great in the parade.

http://i921.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1266835723

Busy day, I forgot to pick up apples over the weekend and I need to bring a bag to school today for a birthday celebration. I need to head out a little early so I'll have time to stop at the grocery store.

Enjoy your Monday! :hug:

CyndiM 02-22-2010 06:11 AM

Good morning Chick choir :coffee2:

Okie - Dancing sounds like fun. I've seen some dance workouts on On Demand but never tried one. I can barely keep up with the rhythm games on Wii Fit ;) When is your weigh in?

Lisa - I can't deal with cold so it's been almost all indoor exercise for me. I can't wait to get out on my bike again!

Debbie - That was my condition when I started. Now I don't think twice about walking up hills or stairs. It's a nice reminder of how far I've come. Have a lovely swim :)

Ruth - Sorry to hear the back is still giving you trouble. Sometimes gentle yoga stretches help me, not sure if that would work for you? Hope moving will make it happier and your day more pleasant :hug:

Jenn - Good luck today

I have three office days wide open so not sure what's on the agenda. I had planned to take the days off but the potential storm Tues into Wed. made me change my plans. I might take one WFH day to get some planning done for the spring garden classes, not sure about the rest of the week. Happily the BFH is out today and tomorrow so everything will be a little more relaxed.

I'm not going to make my Feb. goal. I'll be lucky to end it where I started. While I did have an off plan indiscretion it wasn't enough to cause the weight sticking. I just don't know what's up and refuse to accept my doctor's explanation of age. If I gain now how much more will I gain once the little transition is over? I'm not willing to accept that so need to figure out what will work. I have ramped up my physical activity but am resisting cutting calories all the way back to 1200 again. I do think I need to give up the PB and nuts because I'm still not good at portion control. Too bad there isn't a one size fits all manual for weight loss maintenance!

Time to get stretching. Have a smooth and easy Monday.

ETA - Enjoy your Olympics Heidi :) the t-shirts are too cute

cottagebythesea 02-22-2010 06:14 AM

Good morning Chickies! :coffee:

I just made a nice mug of mocha latte to sip on while I catch up and chat with you all. Did I ever mention how much I love my expresso machine? ;)

Okie, why wait until Wednesday? Get up and get moving now, you can dance during commercials on TV! You'll be pleasantly surprised how much it revs up your metabolism. :)

Litar, we've had an extraordinary winter here, too. Thank God it's almost over!

Debbie, I hope you get through that pile of paperwork quickly so you can get to the pool! I still marvel at the thought of you swimming, outdooors, in this weather. :brrr:

Ruth, can you tuck a small pillow behind your back while in that chair? Sounds as if it's time to shop for a new desk chair and donate that one to a good cause! Have a pleasant shopping trip, and don't forget the milk!

I'm very pleased with where I am at the end of this month, and today I'm wearing my brown cords that I haven't been able to get into since last winter. My mind is in the right place, and I haven't been the least bit tempted to cheat. :)

We may be nearing the end of February, but winter isn't through with us by any stretch of the imagination. We're getting a winter mix later today and throughout the night, which should make things interesting tomorrow morning, and another storm is due on Thursday. I may be going to Vermont with Cindy and the girls on Wednesday, and I should find out today if she needs me to go along. I don't really mind going, but I'd rather have the time off. If I do end up going, maybe I'll look up Cyndi. :)

CyndiM 02-22-2010 06:23 AM

Cottage - I can't remember what mtn they go to? Definitely let me know if you are coming up this way! (can you bring me one of those mocha lattes?!)

Maryjaneld 02-22-2010 06:29 AM

Good morning ladies,
Okie, I have the opposite problem, I'm doing great with the exercising, but faltering a bit on the diet.
Ruth, feel better, sorry to hear your back hurts. Do you ever go to a chiropractor? I'm a big believer.
Litar, I'm def not going to make my weight loss goal. It was 5 pounds, but after a bad week, i'm up 3...:( It's my own darn fault and i know, i know....If you cheat when you eat, don't wail on the scale.
Heidi, happy birthday and it's back to school for me too. It was soo nice to have a week off. Now i start the count down til Easter/passover break...and my cruise...that goes back to the "kicking it into high gear!"
Debbie, have you tried the ten minute solution dvds? They're great. Each workout is only 10 min and they have great variety. Or you could put several together if you're feeling good and want to do more.
Cyndi, I hear you on the nuts and portion control. I do my best to measure out peanut butter, but maybe i'll cut down a bit too.
Cottage, congrats on the brown cords. It's so nice to shop in your own closet :)
As for me, it's gonna be a great day. It's a short day at school, Monday is only 8 to 2:20, not like tues, wed, and thurs when i do afterschool and i'm there til 5:30. I will come home and do a double workout, gotta make up for those 3 pounds.
Have a lovely day!
I'm going to kick it into high gear this last week of February too!

cottagebythesea 02-22-2010 06:30 AM

Cyndi, I'll bring my expresso maker, how's that? ;) I'm not sure what mountain they're going to, as it's her brother's new vacation lodge. I'll let you know more as I get more info today.

Heidi, have a nice back-to-work day and enjoy that birthday celebration!

Good morning, Lauren! I gave up peanut butter for Lent, but am allowing myself nuts, as I have no problem with portion control with them. Have a great "short" day at school today!

tomandkara 02-22-2010 06:58 AM

Good morning!

Okie, were you born in Nigeria?

Lisa, what type of exercise DVDs do you like to do?

Debbie, I hope the paperwork is quick and easy!

Ruth, I hope your back feels better soon!

Heidi, have fun with the school Olympics! Those shirts are adorable!

Cyndi, I am giving up nuts for the week to see if that helps me at all. I am also not good at portion control with them. I'm keeping peanut butter, though, because I just have one spoonful in my yogurt in the late morning and I really enjoy it.

Linda, I hope you get the news that you're looking for this afternoon. Good luck with the weather front!

Lauren, your little saying literally made me laugh out loud! Hope your workout can kick those three pounds to the curb!

Jenn, thinking of you this morning and hoping the test went well!

I am home from MOPS. It went OK today. I don't think I'm going to volunteer for it next year, though. There are so many other things I could get done at home. I haven't decluttered anything since we got back from our trip so I need to kick that into high gear if I'm going to finish by the end of the month!

Tonight is the Parish Council meeting at church, so I get an evening out. Who ever thought going to meetings would count as an evening out?!

Hope you all have a good start to your weeks!

Chelby29 02-22-2010 07:00 AM

Happy Monday, Friends!

Obsessed, Dancing is my favorite exercise in the world! I did Jazzercise for years. They have a great 'lite' version if you have a class in your area.

Litre, It's hard to balance food and exercise. That's probably key to SBD success...

Debbie, Paperwork this early! Sheesh! :D

Ruth, Are you sitting at a desk? I think desk chairs are harder on short people. I've threatened to get a stool for my feet at the office.

Heidi, The young elementary kids had a dance Friday afternoon. I picked Auston up a little early. The noise in that room was unreal! Bring your earplugs today! :)

Cyndi, Yesterday at the flea market, the herb man showed up. He's my harbinger of spring! I bought a flat leaf parsley to put in the window. Yay!

Cottage, Hooray for skinny jeans! I've always stayed away from cords. Would hate to start a fire with my thighs. :lol:

Maryjane, Happy Short Monday!

Me: It was the most wonderful weekend! I spent hours outside. Yesterday was 70*. Today will only be 58 and we go back down into winter by the end of the week. Poo! But, I'm going to be happy and not think about that today...

We're still discussing the Disney trip. We can spend a MONTH in a condo in Panama City Beach for what we would have to pay to stay 4 days at Disney. We're weighing our options. I would love to take a cruise to Cancun, but Jeff says "H#ll NO!" sigh...

As far as my eating... I do SO well during the week, but mess up on the weekends. That's a problem between my ears that needs tweeking.

Hope you all have a great Monday!

Lexxiss 02-22-2010 07:04 AM

Ruth, get better soon! :hug:

I read everybody's posts...:wave: :wave: to all! I don't have much chat time this AM, because I HAVE to get this PW done. Got through the therapy group stuff, now off to rescue group. The director has a state report due Mar. 1, and I need to get it all in order for her...hard to do when I'm still learning the in and outs of the software. Ugg...DH is up, I'll never get through this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyndiM (Post 3165347)
I might take one WFH day to get some planning done for the spring garden classes

Cyndi, more info, please??

WaistingTime 02-22-2010 07:22 AM

Good morning. Nope... I am not melodic.

Okie - I'm glad the eating is going so well for you. You will be glad that you add exercise to your life. Not just for weight loss. It took me years to build a habit and I still need to make myself do it but am always glad I did.

Litar - Isn't it amazing how we can always find an excuse?! I saw a great quote for this one but cannot find it. Sigh.

Debbie - Good sunflowery Monday to you.

Ruth - I have never heard of dogs drinking milk! Hope your back improves soon.

Heidi - Those shirts are so cute. Have fun with you munchkin Olympians.

Cyndi - Another storm for you? Sounds frustrating. Maybe you can vary your calories day to day... one a bit higher than usual, the next a bit lower. That used to work for me when I did WW years ago. I think sometimes our bodies get used to what we are doing. Same thing with exercise... we get more efficient which is good, but I think then our bodies don't need to work as hard. Can you switch that up too?

Linda - I think that is the weather that was here yesterday. For us it was not as bad as predicted and I will hope the same for you. Are they skiing?

MJ - Double workout - good for you:) I think there may be a bunch of us trying to kick it up this week.

Kara - That decluttering cracks me up. I sooo need to get inspired by you.

Chelby - Good point about the stool, I should have thought to suggest that. I actually sit with my feet on a tool box! It helps a lot but my chair still needs replacing too. Weekends are harder for me too.

Wow - It takes so long to read all these! But it sure brings a smile to my face. I am enjoying my the quiet here while DH and DS are sleeping. Gym day for me. Then I have a big computer project that may drive me crazy this afternoon. But it will keep me from snacking.

I am probably on track to reach my weight goal for Feb but it was only 2 pounds. Slow but steady is good but can be frustrating. I have also ramped up the exercise recently. But my eating is still good and I am rocking those veggies!

Have a great day all.

tomandkara 02-22-2010 07:32 AM

Michelle, what about a Disney cruise???

Karen, I laughed when I read that you put your feet on a tool box!!!