3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   South Beach Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet-110/)
-   -   3 pounds in one day? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/south-beach-diet/194902-3-pounds-one-day.html)

katybug12 02-22-2010 12:15 AM

3 pounds in one day?

Okay. I went off plan yesterday. It was my birthday and I had made a conscious decision to enjoy eat and have a few of my favorites. I also had a few margaritas. Is it common to retain water after drinking? because I know there is no way that I gained 3 pounds from just the birthday cake.

BigDaddy 02-22-2010 12:23 AM

I have a "cheat day" after I weigh in each week at WW and I put on 3-4 lbs of weight, but it's only temporary and quits showing on scale after a couple days. My guess is all the salt in "bad" foods.

Mmckellen 02-22-2010 06:22 AM

Yes you will retain water after drinking but just for the record there was waaaaaaay more sugar in those margaritas than in the cake.

cottagebythesea 02-22-2010 06:25 AM

Katybug, you will see a lot of fluctuation in your weight when you weigh yourself every day, especially after a cheat day. Drink plenty of water to help flush the excess out, and get right back on-plan, and you should be back to your normal weight in a few days.
By the way, a belated Happy Birthday!

WaistingTime 02-22-2010 07:33 AM

I agree. And those pound usually are temporary and come off in the next few days of virtuous eating. Don't worry.

And happy birthday:bday2:

beachgal 02-22-2010 08:24 AM

Happy Birthday! Like the chicks said, the margarita probably had much more impact than the cake. Jump back into Phase 1, and it'll be better soon!

jenne1017 02-22-2010 11:46 AM

Happy belated!

It's not just from the cake, as the chickies said. Margaritas are DEADLY (and have like 600-800 calories EACH!!! Who knew??) plus whatever other small cheats you had.

Drink lots of water and jump on Ph1 for a few days and you should be a-ok to plug along :)

Kslosingit 02-22-2010 02:39 PM

Hey, we share a b-day! Hope yours was happy!

I agree that the cheat could easily add the 3 lbs but as long as you are back OP now and drinking plenty of water, it should be gone in a few days.

Thighs Be Gone 02-22-2010 02:41 PM

You will probably see it gone within two days. Could be salt on the rim of the Marg. glass if you were licking. Also, if you lost any sleep it can also stall weightloss.

zeffryn 02-22-2010 05:17 PM

Definitely the margaritas. I had margies over the superbowl (3) and the next morning, I weighed in 8 lbs. higher! I hold water weight like crazy, but I almost fell off the scale I was so stunned.

Margaritas are definitely a special, special occasion drink for me now. We make them occasionally at home and they don't have nearly the calories as the restaurant mixer ones, but they are still pretty bad.

murphmitch 02-22-2010 08:11 PM

I can't stand to weigh after cheat days. It's too depressing. I usually wait a week after getting back OP! :(

katybug12 02-22-2010 10:34 PM

Thanks Girls! I've decided to not weigh for a bit. No reason to get myself down... it was my birthday! One piece of cake and a few margaritas won't make me gain the 13 pounds I have lost so far.

weezle 02-23-2010 07:51 PM

FYI, a 12 oz (average) margarita has over 800 calories in it, not to mention sugar and salt. Two margaritas = the amount of calories I consume in a day when trying to lose weight. The salt also makes you retain water. Go ahead and get back on track girl! ;)