South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 03:53 AM   #1  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wide Eyed and Bushy Tailed Wednesday

Good Morning

It's a little bit early here, so I promise to be as quiet as I can until a more socially acceptable time of the day. The coffee is ready, and I think I'll have a cup. Truth be told, we went to bed early last night and when I woke up and read my watch I obviously didn't read it right. I found that out after the coffee was brewing, and it just smells too good so I'm going to take advantage of the quiet and work with the rescue dog data entry for awhile.

I hear Kirk stirring-I might have company for coffee after all, then head back to bed for a bit.

If I don't get back for awhile, what's up in your neck of the woods and how's the weather shaping up this Wednesday morning?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:38 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Debbie Glad to smell the coffee all ready to drink. I can use it this morning I sure hope you managed to make it back to bed for a little more sleep.

Just a quiet Wed. around here. I've got a lunch meeting and then an afternoon visit so I'm glad the snow is finished for now.

Okay, time to drink some coffee and wander over to the Wii for my morning workout. What's on your agenda today?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:54 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the coffee, Debbie! I'm almost wide awake and I'm sure the coffee will complete the job. I hope you went back to bed for a couple more hours sleep.

Cyndi, I hope it's a much nicer day on the roads for you. The snow squall we had yesterday morning dumped enough snow on the roads to make them slippery in areas, but they were fine for the most part. I'll be waking up my Wii shortly, too. I have my priorities first, though.

My Wednesday is looking quiet. I'm going to spend the morning with Cindy's MIL, helping her out. I'll have lunch with Cindy and tidy up the girls's rooms until it's time to pick them up at school for their guitar lessons, and I should be able to make it home by 5:30. I'm going to have a short work week next week, as they're going skiing in Vermont again, and I'll have the last two weeks of March off while they go to Tasmania. I'll have to find something to do with myself while they're gone. Who wants a visitor?

Today is the first day of Lent, and I decided to give up my next biggest vice, peanut butter. I finished up my last jar over the weekend, and so far I've been hanging in there, but I do miss it! I could happily eat that stuff right out of the jar with a spoon, and was eating way too much of it. I am allowing myself to have nuts, though, as they aren't a problem for me and I enjoy them in my morning oatmeal.

Yikes, my coffee's gone! Time for a refill!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:59 AM   #4  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi, Cyndi. Funny you should stop by early this AM, we've been talking garden and dehydrating for the last hour. It seems we've made a little shift here where we'll continue to see snow from time to time but can actually start to think about moving perennials and planning our 2010 strategy. I'm glad to hear your Wednesday is sounding "uneventful". I did manage to crawl back in for a few minutes while the house warmed up and now I think I'll get to that shelter work so I can have an unencumbered day-land aerobics at 7 so I may even skip the pool today unless I decide to head to the deep end later for some vitamin D and treading water.

Hi, Cottage. It sounds like your day is all mapped out. I think you should come visit me. Tasmania? Hmm...that sounds like quite a trip. Enjoy your Wii and coffee and I'll see you in a bit.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:08 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

to The Beach, BigMikeNYPD! Are you following SBD? I've noticed your post in another thread, and wanted to give you a big welcome! We haven't had a guy here in a while, so it's great to have you joining us.

Why don't you start an intro thread here so more of our Beachers can welcome you properly?
Old 02-17-2010, 06:19 AM   #6  
Be happy.

Good morning friends!

Wow Debbie, that was early to be bright eyed and bushy tailed. :LOL: I'm glad you were able to take advantage of the early morning quiet to get some paperwork done though. (And I love the name you chose for today's thread - it sounds so energetic!)

Linda, Cindy and her family do a lot of traveling, eh? How great for the girls. I cringed when I read your note about peanut butter.... I love the stuff! Enjoy your time with Sassy.

Good morning Cyndi and BigMike, I can almost smell your coffee from here.

The snow stopped falling but I've got a little shoveling to do and we're getting ready to head out to an appointment this morning. My mom and I didn't get out on our snowshoes yesterday but hope to get out there this afternoon. Enjoy your Wednesday!
Old 02-17-2010, 06:23 AM   #7  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Hi Debbie! Sorry you read your watch wrong. I got up a half hour early by accident this morning and didn't realize until I'd been up and dressed for fifteen minutes, so I just went with it. Extra computer time!

Cyndi, I hope your meeting and visit go well today. Drive carefully!

Linda, good luck with your Lent sacrifice. It sounds like the perfect thing to give up - something you'll really miss that will remind you to focus on the sacrifices Jesus made. It's never been part of our tradition to give up anything for Lent so I have never tried.

Mike, hope you have a safe day on the job. Thanks for stopping in!

Heidi, I hope you can make it out on your snowshoes today! Good luck at your appointment.

I am having a nice, relaxing day-after-vacation here at home. I got all the laundry done, folded, and put away and the kids made it off to school fine this morning. Connor even did his homeschool math PLUS extra *BEFORE* school today! I don't know who we brought back with us from Garmisch, but we should really drive back there to pick up our son. Kadyn's violin is finished so we'll just have to do her math and Connor's violin after school today. Then we have to head to base early because I have to pick up some things for a care package for a friend in Afghanistan. I'd like to get it mailed today, if I can. Connor has basketball this evening and the girls have martial arts and then Tom is taking the kids home while I go to the Ash Wednesday service at church. We don't traditionally do the Ash Wednesday service, but I'm playing so I will be there. It starts at the kids' bedtime so they will do much better at home in their pajamas.

I got my flute and piano practice in this morning and even got to spend some time on the Wii, so today is going well. I'm going to do a bit of decluttering in our room, finishing up the last couple areas, and then go start lunch for when the kids get home.

Have a great Wednesday, all!

Last edited by tomandkara; 02-17-2010 at 06:25 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 06:34 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, early chicks. It seems I always sleep in on gym mornings! Darn dogs are slacking off. Anyhow, it's Ash Wednesday and. aside from the religious aspect, it's a good time to start thinking spring. We should start a gardening thread.

It's a choice between personals and breakfast, chickies, and I'm afraid breakfast just won. I need to keep on schedule today. See y'all later.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:14 AM   #9  

Height: 5'8"

Hi all you early birds! I got to sleep in a little bit today as my son is off and my husband is staying home with him, so no need to schedule showers. Yes, we have only one bathroom (sigh) for three people. Thank goodness my son is not a teenage girl.

Another big welcome to Big Mike and I'd love an intro thread too...I'm very happy to have another Brooklynite around. If you are doing South Beach, posting in the On Plan thread is a great way to keep track and be accountable.

I'm feeling more motivated today, and a little more educated about taxes and how they work after obsessively dealing with the issue for the last two days. I'm still hoping to make it to my February goal of 159.

Hope everyone has a great day! Welcome again to all the newbies.

Last edited by Mmckellen; 02-17-2010 at 07:15 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning y'all!

Uh-oh...I can hear DD coughing again. She was up for a while last night with a croupy cough that wouldn't stop. . Poor thing!

Regular day for me. Starting off with coffee, of course!

Have a great day!

Oh darned...she has a fever...guess the dear one will be going with me to work today! (they have a kid's cubby...she can just rest and nap and watch tv!)

Last edited by TwynnB; 02-17-2010 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: maintaining

Good morning.

Debbie - You cracked me up with you last comment on my blog yesterday. I think that the rule has to be not adjacent states. Especially since I am only 15 minutes from MO.

Cyndi - Enjoy your workout and your day.

Cottage - I am so with you on PB. Off a spoon. Yes. My favorite way is on an apple. Yum. But I actually am better with that than the nuts. Go figure.

Mike - You sound busy! I agree that an intro or bio would be great.

Heidi - Have fun snowshoeing with mom. I hope we hear from her again soon.

Kara - Even your relaxing days are busy!

Ruth - I have purple thumbs. The closest I get to a garden is reading my SIL blog about hers.

Mmc - Funny - My sons both spend a very long time in the shower.

For me... no whoosh, but the scale has finally been going the right way again this week. This morning DH and babysit our 3 year old nephew so I will probably work out at home instead of the gym. He will be entertaining but tiring. Tonight my mom and I go to see the play Young Frankenstein. Kansas City is wayyyy behind Broadway.

Have a great day all.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:40 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

Hi BigMike, You certainly fit in here-early mornings and hot coffee! Have a great day!

Heidi, I AM energetic! I'm sure you've said, but I've missed how long you're staying with the folks.

Kara, wow! Back in the saddle again!

Ruth, I didn't go back to bed cause I knew I'd never get to aerobics. I'm letting the honor of starting the gardening thread to you.

Mmc, have a great day!

For you Olympians here's a link to our newspaper, and our alpine skiier, Alice McKennis, a local girl. http://www.postindependent.com/artic...ntProfile=1074. Her Mom died in a car accident when she was very young and her story is inspirational.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:02 AM   #13  
Be happy.

Hello again!

(It's great not being at work, lol. I can keep up with this thread for a change. ) Kara, the appointment is just a dental one for my Dad, so an easy one for a change. I smiled as I read your post. Way to go, Connor!

Good morning Ruth, I agree breakfast is more important than personals. lol Enjoy your gym time.

Mmck, just wait. lol We had 3 teens (my niece lived with us for a while) and one shower and we all lived through it. I took quite a few 'tepid' showers during that time though. I'm glad you're enjoying a more relaxed morning. Have a great day!

Oh Twynne, I'm sorry your daughter's not feeling well. I'm glad you're able to take her to work with you so that you can keep an eye on her.

Karen, I keep forgetting to mention this - I'm still following your blog but for some reason I get an error message every time I try to comment... I'm not sure if it's cookies (though I believe I've gotten rid of them all) or what, but I may just post a comment as my daughter if I can't get this figured out soon.

Hello again Debbie I'm headed back to Maine tomorrow. I wish I could stay longer but I've got responsibilities at home. One of the best things about teaching school though is that I get so many well spaced vacations that alllow me to come down for visits and I have a nice long summer to hang out here! lol

Well, time to warm up the Durango for our trip to the dentist. Catch you all later.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:16 AM   #14  

Good afternoon everyone!

I've managed to claw my way back onto the wagon and had a great and totally OP day yesterday. I've decided to combine SBD with the Beck Diet Solution as I am fed up of throwing in the towel every time I eat something I shouldn't. I am hopeful as I've found CBT useful in the past.

Here's to a fantastic OP day for us all!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

hi chickies (and Mike)

I am up and at work but certainly not with it. I miss being home for 12 days -- though I don't miss the snow that came along with it. Make that the not being able to get out of your houseiness that comes with it.

Meh, another day, another dollar I guess!

Feel better all and I too Ruth am off to eat some breakfast. Will check back in late, late tonight!

Last edited by jenne1017; 02-17-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Closed Thread