Losing Weight and Feelin' Great!

• Happy Tuesday Everyone!

I just wanted to share with everyone that I am officially down 10 lbs! I have to say that after this past week, I was getting a little down in the dumps. I was stuck in the house for almost a week by myself, and although I stuck with SBD, I was getting closer and closer to cheating.

This past weekend, I thought I had done myself in - my SO took me out for Valentine's Day and I had rice with my dinner, champagne and even dessert. Then, yesterday, I had a child size serving of movie popcorn.

But, this morning when I weighed in, the scale gave me good news! I know that I we all cheat from time to time, but it's nice to see that all my hard work was worth it. It doesn't make me feel better about cheating, but it motivates me to stick with it and less likely to downslide again!

Also, even though you may not be able to visibly tell that I'm losing weight, I am feeling so much better. First of all, my clothes are fitting better. I was having problems with leg cramps, sleeping and menopause related mood swings. My leg cramps have (almost) disappeared, I'm sleeping better and my mood swings have lessened. Call me crazy, but eating better must have something to do with it!

Yes, I'm bragging, but just this past week I was thinking of giving up. I wasn't losing any more weight, and a container of ice cream was calling my name. Now I feel recharged and ready to take on the next 10 lbs!
  • Yay!! Congrats on your 10 pound goal, that is awesome!!
  • Hooray! That's great news, and sure to help you stay motivated.
  • Good for you! And this kind of bragging, as you call it, is inspiring to me and makes me feel more motivated too
  • Good for you! You should be excited and proud of yourself.

I agree with WT... Those milestones are inspirational to the rest of us as well. Thanks for coming by and sharing it with us.
  • Congrats tinkin! Way to go!
  • YAY!! That's awesome
  • Way to go!!!

I think the energy level is the one thing that keeps me going when the scale is not saying what I want it to say! I just felt so tired and beat down before starting SBD three weeks ago... now I feel like a whole new person!

Keep up the good work!!
  • Congrats! Thanks for sharing and reminding all of us that this is a new WOL which does work when we work it.
  • Congratulations, Tinkin! That's wonderful news, and you have definitely deserved your bragging rights!
  • Yep, the health benefits come first...the weight loss is an added bonus!
  • Congrats on losing those ten pounds and I'm so glad you're sticking with us!
  • Thanks, everyone! Yes, it does feel great, and as KIP mentioned, my energy level is way higher! So far, so good, and looking forward to a skinnier, healthier me!
  • CONGRATS!!!! on losing 10lbs. Keep up the hardwork