South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 09:27 AM   #16  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Cat, I have a friend who had to give up something for a sociology class. She gave up Facebook -- and really had a tough time!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:33 AM   #17  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning chickies-

Well, the Dr thinks it's either Chrone's or "something else." He really doesn't know. So, one more test next Monday at the hospital. Good times.

Twynn, Cottage, Cyndi and Ruth Thanks for getting us started!

Femme - Same here, DW wanted to see it and I thought it was nice visually but lacked, something. Worth seeing though!

Morning Debbie!

Chelby: Stay warm!!!!

Schmoodle: Yes, it was quiet. I am home again today, it was hard even getting to the Dr on time this morning!

Heidi - Hope the grocery store isn't that bad!! I hate the way it gets here!

Ok, off to get some work done. Wii Fitting today as well.
Old 02-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Good Afternoon, everyone!
It's been awhile-- no? I've been without a computer for the past 3 1/2 weeks. Needless to say it's been a rough 3 1/2 weeks working without my baby, but the semester is going well.

I got off plan for a couple of days last week and now I'm back on. Hopefully having my computer back and being able to get on these forums more will help me keep on track.

Hope all are well!
Old 02-16-2010, 01:57 PM   #19  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Peep
just Popping it CAn I call this I feel fat Tuesday? I'm totally unprepared foodwise and had to hit the caf for breakfast and lunch ugh tonight is pancake dinner at MIL's church

Tomorrow starts the phys and spiritual detox! I'm Catlic (Love that Cat!) so I'm giving up candy(and other assorted corn syrup laden crap) b/c its become my big crutch
ok the hour is nigh I gotta get back to work!
Kierie
Old 02-16-2010, 02:55 PM   #20  
Visualizing the Goal

We're back from our trip and I'm ready to get back on plan. Wasn't terrible, but could have been better (eating-wise, the trip itself was wonderful). I'll be back in chat tomorrow.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:45 PM   #21  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Hope everyone is doing well...College visit was good except for the 4 inches of snow to trudge through and the roads were a bit slippy in the morning.

Will try to check in later.
Old 02-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #22  

S/C/G: maintaining

Chelby - Do you have a Southern accent? Somehow when I read your posts I hear a great drawl in my mind. I am very, very ready for spring too. But then I realize that it is less than 4 weeks until our spring break ski trip and I wanted to lose just a bit more weight by then. Little boy snuggles are the greatest BTW - I spent a lot more time on facebook before I got so busy on here.

Debbie - We stayed overnight in Glenwood Springs a couple of years ago on the way back from Utah. I wish we'd had more time to explore.

Schmoodle - That made me chuckle. I figured I was going to be up at night for the rest of my life between this WOL, menopause (not there yet), and DH waking me when he pees. I never drink after dinner! Let us know how the chicken works.

Jenn - Thanks for updating us. Sorry you don't know for sure yet. I have a friend from college who has lived with Crohn's for more than 20 years - it is hard .... but at least you would have some answers and know what might help. My 16 year old teen neighbor got diagnosed last year after missing tons of school. This is my favorite avatar yet! I love your smile in this shot.

Heidi - I just "met" your mom. How very cool to have her on here!

Kate - Computerless - how did you manage in this electronic age?

Kierie - Is it appropriate to wish you a Happy Lent?

Kara - Welcome back. Pictures?

Rose - I was just wondering how the visit went.

Okay - here it is almost 3pm and I am only now heading off to shower. Sigh. I looked for fresh brussel sprouts at Target today and they had none so I get a reprieve
Old 02-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

Good Afternoon Ladies,

DH and I are 8 days into Phase 1 and I can't believe how easy it's been this time around.... it's like we just fell back into our old SB WOE. I'm sure we'll have some times when it gets tougher a little later, but for now I'm just going to enjoy how easy it is....

Schmoodle... I understand your fear of skating and have to say, it's completely justified... not 'cause I think your a klutz... you don't have to be a klutz to hurt yourself. I actually fell on roller skates in April 2008 and ended up breaking my wrist in 12 places. That's what threw me off track from the WOE... The injury required surgery with pins and an external fixator. I was heavily medicated and ate a LOT of ice cream... It was about 9 months before I was though with treatment.

It sounds like everyone is getting snow but us... I'm really hoping we get dumped on in the next week or so, but it doesn't look likely. We've got friends coming to visit next week from Las Vegas with their 9 year old daughter. Last time they came was the first time she had seen snow and she spent hours over at a little hill at a nearby park where all the neighborhood kids go sledding. She had such an awesome time I really hope we get some of the white stuff ourselves so she can repeat the experience.

Have a great day on the beach everyone!
Old 02-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #24  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Just a quick afternoon drop in here The weather was worse than we thought it would be and, of course, I had to drive. Every year I do this to myself once I did come home after lunch though and worked my stress off on the treadmill. Tossed on a movie I'd been meaning to watch forever and committed to watching the whole thing. It was 2 hours, I probably should have checked that first

Kara - Glad to hear you had fun and nice to see you back

Chelby - I would walk home 27 miles in the snow before I'd stay at work overnight

all you chatty Chicks. Time to get dinner on. DW is on her way home and should be here soon. Think I'll make a cup of tea for her too. I'm sure she will want something warm.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:27 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Karen, re: chelby. I have met her in real life, and yes, she does. She's adorable.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:51 PM   #26  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Checking in....nice day here melting the snow for bike riding!

Schmoodle, come visit anytime. I'm wondering if you figured out the chicken in the crockpot yet.

Cat, have you decided yet? I suppose it's cheating to give up something you already gave up.

Heidi, glad you had a safe trip and it's nice to meet your Mom.

Jenn, I wish you were getting better news. My Sis has had Crohns since 1977-she's nearing 50 now. She has found that she had food allergies which aggravated it and manages it very well. PM me any time

KateSparrow, good to hear from you. How's school going

KO, what no HFCS for how long?? Love ya!

Kara, welcome back!

Pearlrose, glad to hear you're home safe.

Sophie, always thinking of you...

Karen, enjoy your "reprieve"...

1oftheLuvs, glad to hear you're feeling so good! Keep truckin' as they say!

Cyndi, that would have to be a really good movie for me to ....you know! Glad you made it home!

It's approaching get dinner ready time. Rudi is sick of the Spring challenge, and was very unfriendly when he was brushed this afternoon...I'm finding the earlier the better...same for my exercise. I think I'll speed clean for awhile....and post my SC before I forget.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Debbie, the chicken turned out well. I put cut up onions in the bottom, skinned the chicken (mostly), and rubbed it with olive oil, garlic, lemon, thyme, basil, S&P. The breast is a little dry, but not bad. It really absorbed the flavors. I got a lot of nice broth in the bottom and I'm going to pick the carcass when we're done and make some soup tomorrow. I think it's less dry than oven-baked, and good to do if you're going to be out of the house all day. Will be nice if I want to make chicken salad too, DH hates it when I stew a chicken - it does stink. This didn't smell up the kitchen that way.

Jenn, I'm sorry you don't have your answers yet

Last edited by Schmoodle; 02-16-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 195/186/140

Height: 5'6

Karen - It was pretty rough in terms of getting work done... everything is electronic now. With this website called "moodle" all of the handouts for my classes (and even some of the lectures) are online and everything needs to be submitted online. Luckily the library has a 4 hour laptop loan... fully equipped with Windows 98. o_o But not having a computer was good for me. I've been knitting up a storm instead of facebook browsing.

Debbie - Good to be back! School is going well. My classes are great this semester and I'm very busy with all sorts of things-- which I love.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:56 PM   #29  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Schmoodles, how long did it take, low or high and how big was it? I think I'd like to try with my next chicken.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:00 PM   #30  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

thanks for all the love chicks :hugs: Hopefully this last test confirms Crohn's. Then it will have a name. With my mom dying 2 years ago of such cancer that spread so much and all over to the point they can only assume it was stomach starting as the biggest tumors were there, it's something that makes me nervous.
Closed Thread