South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2010, 09:02 AM   #16  
kip

S/C/G: 183/174/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning everyone!

I wasn't officially off today, but my daughter doesn't have school today for President's Day so I took off work to be home with her... which is great because I woke up to SNOW!!! Lots and lots of snow and our winter weather warning isn't over until 7 tonight!

I got on the scale and I am finally in the 175's too... YES!!! I finally broke that 176 -177 i have yo-yoed with for over a week!

I made the south beach phase 2 chocolate dipped strawberries last night for Valentines Day. I will admit that I must have some sort of chocolate melting/dipping disability... couldn't get the chocolate the right consistency for dipping... but I smeared some on them and stuck them in the freezer. They didn't look that pretty but really, how can you go wrong with chocolate and strawberries? Gosh, it felt like we were cheating the whole time we ate them!

Everyone have a good day!!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 183/170/128

Height: 5'5

We have around seven inches of snow, but I still have class! oh well. I do need new motivation this week. I've noticed I've become somewhat lazy keeping track of sugar, and as a consequence, the cravings are coming back with a vengeance. Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:26 AM   #18  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

I am such a doof. I was wondering why so many people were off of work today...Presidents Day!! We don't have that day off because of Mardi Gras' two day holiday. I need to get in touch with the bigger world...
Old 02-15-2010, 09:34 AM   #19  

Good Morning, everyone. I've been a lurker for quite a while, but I'm serious about doing SB this time! I too, am at work today! I watched some of the olympics, but I didn't stay up late, b/c my alarm goes off at 4am, so I missed some of it. Everyone have a great day!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:43 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 173/136/125

Height: 4"11'

Hello everyone,
Hope everyone had a good valentine's day. I'm off today too, gotta love those presidents.

congrats Kip, that's exciting. Those strawberries sound great!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:37 AM   #21  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

Morning everyone!!

I am off today. The kids, hubby, and me are going to work together and get this house back in order. I didn't do any cleaning yesterday because hubby and I "stayed" in bed all day playing a silly computer game. We played a nancy drew mystery game. LOL Not quite the romantic valentines day, but we had a lot of fun.
So I am back down the two pounds I was up from last week.

This coming weekend we have to go to a "mandatory" family fun weekend sponsored by hubby's unit. Since he is technically a "drill seargent" the army is paying for this weekend away for all of the guys in the unit and their families. We are going down to Destin. I think since we will be at a hotel near the beach food choices should be ok. I am planning on taking snacks and such. So I think I will be ok.

Hope you all have a great day.

Tammie
Old 02-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #22  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Cat, I was in college before I realized that Mardi Gras wasn't a national holiday!

Schmoodle, The party was GREAT! We had 49 attendees! Went through 14 quarts of seafood gumbo. Did you read my story on yesterday's daily thread? If not, you need to read about Auston and his cousin getting naked at the party. sheesh!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:53 AM   #23  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelby29 View Post
Did you read my story on yesterday's daily thread? If not, you need to read about Auston and his cousin getting naked at the party. sheesh!
I read through the weekend thread, but missed that. Time to re-read and catch up!
Old 02-15-2010, 10:55 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 268/ticker/159

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies,

I'd love to join your daily motivational group... I used to play over here with you gals back when I did South Beach before and I really appreciated both the friendships and accountability. There are a few of you that I recognize from those days and it's really good to see you are still here...

I decided this morning that I need to quit beating myself up about going off program and gaining back the weight that I lost previously... The experience definitely needs to be used as a learning lesson, but there is nothing to be gained by continuing to give myself such a hard time about it. Why is it that I'm so quick to forgive others and so hard on myself?

I had my first official weigh in this morning after 1 full week on Phase 1... I lost 7.5 pounds this past week, and am trilled to have that 5 pounds over my previous high weight gone for good!

Have a great beachy day all....
Old 02-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

Hi chicks,

Made it through the snow to work. I didn't even get to have any fun on the roads. I was stuck behind someone going 22 miles an hour in one lane, and some jerk on a cell phone in the other lane going between 20-30, so I couldn't pass slowpoke number one. I was pissed - the roads weren't even snowy, just wet! But I'm here at work, glad I made it in, because I have a lot to do.

My WI was this morning, and I am down about 2 pounds (give or take a couple of ounces). I wish it had been more, but if I'm being totally honest with myself, I probably let a lot of fat and not enough vegetables into my diet last week. This week, I'm starting fresh and trying to get in everything I need, and bring more healthy snacks to work instead of just string cheese.

I had a panic attack this morning when trying to figure out the calories on some healthy South Beach chili I made. I used one of those online calorie counters, and it said that my 3 cans of black beans had FOUR THOUSAND calories. I nearly passed out on the spot! Then a much more reasonable calorie counter informed me that 1/2 cup of Goya black beans has 90 calories, and there are 2 and a half servings in a can. So three cans is 405 calories. NOT four thousand. Good golly, Miss Molly!

Hope you are all having good days, whether they are snowy or not!
Old 02-15-2010, 11:29 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Chelby, I missed that! Sounds like quite a party!
Old 02-15-2010, 11:30 AM   #27  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for joining in, 1oftheLuvs. Time to move forward, I think most of us have put ourselves down for working so hard then regaining. There are lots of us who are working hard to not let that happen again, so you'll fit right in. It's been almost a year since my backslide, and it's one day at a time for me.

Today, since I've been off plan for 3 days what I can do to prevent the 20 pound backslide is to get back OP today-not tomorrow or next week. I've posted my meal plan and am really looking forward to my healthy routine.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:31 AM   #28  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Jenny - I think it's usually 3.5 servings in a can (what a stupid amount!) so a little more but not even close to 4000. Congrats on the weigh-in

Debbie - It's great to see you back Great advice as usual

Cat - I got 4 stars on the Wii Fit golf thing last night and I've never golfed before either! Silly game

Schmoodle - The coast is always lovely. Not so many eagles this year because it's been warm and the rivers are open further up, but still lots of fun. I have got to get out and see Avatar!

Last edited by CyndiM; 02-15-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:55 PM   #29  

S/C/G: maintaining

Wow! So many chicks posting! I guess if I want to do personals I need to be on here at my usual early time to keep everything straight. Phew.

So just a quick shout-out to Debbie to say "welcome back". More trip details? I see we have some new Midwestern chicks on here joining us

Have a great rest of the day all!
Old 02-15-2010, 04:32 PM   #30  

The kids had school today to make up for a snow day so it was just DH and I. We went to a movie, which we had been planning for almost two weeks now and I had planned a cheat for today. I had my cheat and am right back on track for a healthy dinner tonight. So many times I have a cheat and then that seems to give me permission to just screw up they rest of the day (and weeks, months) so it's all good! But I do wonder if it was really worth it?

Yeah 1oftheLuvs, don't beat yourself up. It sounds like you had a great 1st week on phase 1!
Closed Thread