South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 05:59 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Hump-day Happenings and Hurdles

Happy Wednesday! Coffee's on! Let's get the day rolling!

I woke up to a white-covered world this morning, and all the schools on are a 2-hour delay. That means Audrey & Maggie won't be going at all, since they're leaving right after lunch for Vermont. I'll clean up after they leave, then I can come home early.

Jake didn't have time to do any shovelling, so it looks like it'll be up to me to dig us out. At least it's good exercise! That should be the only hurdle in my day to smooth out.

Let's all make it over the hump, then it's all downhill to the weekend!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:04 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Cottage thanks for the coffee Hey, it's not too late to grab a ride to Vermont!

Speaking of, thought you'd all like this from a story about Woodchuck Day celebrations in VT:
"Beardsley coined the holiday after years of simmering resentment over the Punxsutawney version. Firstly, he says, no one should be calling woodchucks "groundhogs." Secondly, according to Beardsley, people in the Banana Belt of Pennsylvania have no business predicting when winter will end."

Time to do some yoga. I hope I'll get back in later.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:07 AM   #3  
Be happy.

Good morning Linda.
Your storm is heading out to sea and will miss us. I have to admit I'm a little disappointed - what we've got now is too icy and crusty to have much fun with, now. But to be honest, I'm glad I won't have to do any shoveling today. I'm one of those people who wants to have my cake and eat it too.
Have you got anything special planned for yourself the girls are off skiing?

I've got another busy day, school, meetings, then youth group tonight. It's easier to eat on plan when I'm busy so that part is good. It's harder to make time for the treadmill though, that part's not quite as good. lol

Enjoy your Wednesday friends!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:08 AM   #4  
Be happy.

Oh, hi Cyndi! I missed your post.
Beardsley sounds disgruntled. lol The banana belt, eh?
Enjoy your yoga!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:10 AM   #5  

Height: 5'8"

It snowed here in Brooklyn too! It seemed to be snowing all night but there's not much on the ground this morning. I think it will melt today.

I am appearing in small claims court tomorrow night. Sadly, we are suing our coop for damage done to our air conditioner while there was construction being done on the entrance to our building. I can't believe it has come to this and I am so upset, but we were really left with no choice. The board basically told us we should 'take one for the team' and that we were free to pursue the construction company on our own if we wished. I consulted a lawyer who said no way, they are responsible. I've never been in small claims court and am preparing very carefully, but I'm extremely nervous and didn't sleep well last night. Wish me luck. I'll be able to post the results on Friday morning.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: Too much/Less/Just Right!

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning!

Cottage, Nothing like a long weekend! I hope you find more fun than shoveling snow.

Cyndi, Funny! I remember thinking last spring that winter NEVER ends up there!

Heidi, Have you lost all your weight on SBD? I'm impressed with your ticker!

Mc, Good Luck!

Me: We've already had an adventure in Beautiful Remlap this morning. At 4:22 a.m., our walls started shaking. We knew what was happening... Our water line that runs up our 1/2 mile driveway broke. We live at the top of a tall hill, so water evacuating the house down the driveway sounds like the house is going to implode. Crazy! I've actually seen an 'on purpose' break, when Jeff had to replace part of the pipe. It looked like a geyser! Anyway, I've melted ice for my coffee and to brush my teeth. I'm going to see what I can do with a curling iron and hairspray to make my hair acceptable for work. We'll see about that! Jeff should be home from work around noon. I'll come home early to help with the shoveling.

Last edited by Chelby29; 02-03-2010 at 06:18 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:19 AM   #7  

Cyndi, Pa. has a Banana Belt? That's news to me. That Beardsley sounds like an old grump! Sorry I'm not hitching a ride with them, for one thing, there won't be room in the car for me! I'm just planning to enjoy my extra-long weekend.

Heidi, sorry this storm is going to miss you. We have another due this weekend, and yet another one coming on Tuesday. Maybe one of those will head your way. Since it's going to be a snowy weekend, I haven't made any plans. It will be nice to just burrow in and enjoy my free time.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:25 AM   #8  
Be happy.

Thanks Chelby Yup, I've lost it all on SBD since Oct. 3rd. My body loves South Beach.

My ticker is misleading: losing 50 lbs is my goal, but I won't be at a healthy BMI when I get to 155. The charts say I need to get down to 135 to squeak into the normal range. When I started in October I couldn't imagine loosing 50 pounds - never mind losing more than that!

I'm still deciding if I'll learn how to maintain the 155 and wait a few months before I work on losing another 20 or if I'll just adjust my goal to 135 and keep going.

I'm sorry about your water line break. The joys of being a home owner, eh?
Old 02-03-2010, 06:44 AM   #9  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Slept in and running late. Off to the gym shortly. Happy humping. .
Old 02-03-2010, 06:51 AM   #10  

Chelby, yikes! That's an awful awakening to your day! I hope Jeff has the bulk of it cleaned up by the time you get home! Shoveling? Did you get snow, too?

Mmc, good luck tonight! That's a real shame that the construction company won't own up, and you're doing the right thing by taking it to court. I'm sure you'll win, as it sure sounds like a no-brainer.

Ruth,
Old 02-03-2010, 06:55 AM   #11  

Cottage, Shoveling mud away from the pipe so it can be replaced. Thankfully, about a year ago, Jeff bought a backhoe attachment for his tractor that will do the bulk of the shoveling. We've had to hand shovel the waterline before. That really stunk!

Heidi, I am so impressed and encouraged. It seems to me, those Beachers who see it as a lifelong plan instead of a short term diet have the most success. I need that tattooed on my forehead.

Ruth, Good Morning!
Old 02-03-2010, 06:57 AM   #12  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning

Linda, thanks for getting us started. Glad to hear you have a short hump day, and that a long weekend will be your reward!

Cyndi, thanks for the story. It was my first chuckle of the day!

Heidi, take care it sounds like a long day for you!

Mmc, I've never been to small claims, but it seems like a very fair way to resolve things. Documentation is so important and it sounds like you've got it covered.

Chelby, what a mess. I hope everything is fixed by the time you get home.

Ruth.

Karen, I picked out fabrics that would work for my Sis and Mom. We don't buy presents anymore. After that, I'll make some dog patterns for my therapy dog group. It keeps me busy since I don't have kids. It's hard to eat and sew at the same time.

Chilly, but nice here this AM. I could have slept but Rudi was ready to go outside. DH decided to stay up, too, and is headed to his shop. I plan to enjoy my sewing project until it's time to go to work. Bing gets a bath this morning, which I'd better do soon. Just the usual here, too. I think we're going back over the hill on Saturday so I'll enjoy my projects while I can.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:00 AM   #13  

S/C/G: maintaining

Hello my early morning friends! And all who follow

Cottage - I need to check with DS1 and see if he got blanket at college. We never have delays here - school or no school. Shoveling is great exercise but I would much rather let my DH get it too. He is going to be out of town on Friday and we are expecting snow and I am already thinking about the shoveling. Having him around all day does have its benefits.

Cyndi - Cute story. Enjoy yoga. Namaste.

Heidi - What follows your great GH day school festivities?

Mmc - Wow - good luck. I would be nervous too.

Chelby - No water. Yikes. Just think happy Disney thoughts today

Ruth just snuck in - good morning.

And Debbie - another midwesterner up early We don't buy presents either. How nice that you are crafty and can make them something. I love homemade stuff best. I hear you about eating and sewing... that is why I am now blogging and on here so much! It works! Now I need to learn to knit for when I watch TV and want to snack.

We had our overnight guest again last night, dinner, homework, and still sleeping upstairs. Glad we can host him because my son may end up over there when I travel with DH this spring.

I have a busy day - DH is joining me for cycling and trying pilates class too. Then we cook dinner for my mom (since her hubby just had surgery), I head out to take my senior friend grocery shopping, then we have HS conferences which will take about 2/5 hours over dinnertime. (We stand in line in the school commons and gym to wait to see each teacher for 5 minutes. Long lines.)

Your weather forecasts are worrying me since DH and DS2 are heading east to visit a college later this week.

Happy Hump Day all!
Old 02-03-2010, 07:20 AM   #14  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Back for a few I thought I'd give you a little context on that quote Apparently it was the fourth annual Woodchuck Day (I seem to have missed the first 3 ) They name a Woodchuck of the Year who makes silly predictions. It's all a fundraiser for our Guard families (VT is very heavily represented in the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. We all know several families that have served). The really important pieces - native Vermonters are Woodchucks (ever wonder about Woodchuck cider, The Woodchuck's Guide to Gardening,....) and they even refer to the area I live in as the Banana Belt. Also my grandchildren will still be considered flatlanders

Heidi - I know what you mean. It should either warm up or snow a little so we can do something with this weather! How's that wrist healing?

Chelby - Yuk, what a way to start your day. At least you know it has to get better!

Ruth - only you could run through with that greeting!

Mmc - Good luck, Hope it isn't too unpleasant and goes your way.

Debbie - Good morning friend Sounds like a fun day ahead (except for the dog bath)

Karen - I tried a pilates on the ball workout last night. I don't think I got much actual exercise but I laughed alot as the ball rolled all over the room with me stretched over it Have a good day.

Okay, off to have a day. It's my last day in the office so that counts for something
Old 02-03-2010, 07:28 AM   #15  

Cyndi, I tried to do pushups on a ball once. The ball rolled, and I almost busted my face! For me, the ball is right up there with step aerobics -- a good way to break something!

It's amazing how much time I have in the morning when I can't shower!
Closed Thread