South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #16  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I took a long time looking at the store. I ordered a meat/cheese tray and was very picky getting SBD friendly bread...strawberries, blueberries and grapes....and some very bad sweet stuff which I won't touch. I think I'm going to appoint myself the new food chairwoman! anymore!

Karen, glad you've defunked and can enjoy you m/d workout. I posted on your blog yesterday but must have missed the final button!

Cottage, enjoy your day off!

Twynn, soooo sorry! We have that floating floor in Alaska and a tear is devastating! No crowds at the store! haha

Kim, I'm imagining your DH on a ladder at 5am Busy busy! Take care!

Kate, good to see you this AM! What a success to be finally finishing your dental work! Congrats!

Oops, Aha! another Wii girl. I think we need a daily Wii thread! haha

Ok, I shot my AM at the store, but I'll be all read in the AM. Now it's time to get ready for my daily poolfest! Sunny and cool here, but the pool is always warming!

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 01-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #17  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Hey, everyone. Still playing nursemaid to my DS1 and now my DS2 who came down with a cold. exhausting.

anyway, had a quick question. Since I started Phase 1 -- well, I'll say, since I've had completely clean days I've been getting these weird cramps in my legs. They are painful, almost like a charlie horse, but quick and they don't have the tight twinge like a charlie horse. Any ideas?
Old 01-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #18  

S/C/G: maintaining

Catching back up...

Debbie - Grocery at 6am - I am impressed. Wait... did that not happen after all?

Cottage - Happy weekend! My son is heading your way tomorrow; he goes to school about 4 an hour from Philly.

Twynn - Yikes! You have every right to vent. And to be mad. I hope the floor recovers.

Kara - Thanks

Kim - At least you can leave work for a few days and de-stress at home over the weekend.

Kate - Your smile was already beautiful - I can only imagine the size of your grin tomorrow.

Oops - Let me know how you like it. I keep thinking maybe I'll get one for my birthday this year.

Zeffryn - My first time on SB I got leg cramps at night. After some research I added magnesium and potassium supplements.

Back from working out with mom, grocery store, one other store with a winter sale and huge crowds. Next on agenda - cutting DS2's hair. I hate doing it but it's easy and saves time and money.

Happy Friday all
Old 01-22-2010, 12:40 PM   #19  

Height: 5' 7"

Good afternoon,

Can't seem to get here in the morning. Sounds like everyone is doing good for Friday.

Twynn how awful- I hope it cleans up easily for you.

KateSparrow- How exciting to be finished with your long journey for dental work.

As for me wfh- but super swamped, everything is going well should get a little break soon and I can check the freeze dried clothes to see if I can put another load in we are about out of towels in the house. LOL I think we are going to take DD2 to see the Tooth Fairy tonight.

Have a lovely Friday afternoon everyone.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:52 PM   #20  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

OH MY WORD we had the Spicy "Beef" Casserole with Mock Cornbread for dinner and it was SO YUMMY! I updated my previous post in the recipes section with my modifications if anyone is curious. We gave it two big thumbs up!!!

Kim, good luck with the new specifications. If anyone can get the work done right, I know you can!

Kate, I'm excited to hear about your dental work coming to an end! Congratulations!!!

Oops, I think we're getting a Wii Fit, too. I just talked to Tom about it and he was all for it. I told him how much all the girls on here liked it.

Zeffy, sorry the boys are sick! I have no ideas about the cramping but I wonder if you're dehydrated. Are you still nursing? I remember needing a lot more water when I was nursing.

Karen, I cut my son's hair, too. It is definitely a pain, but it's worth it to save the money! I used to cut Tom's hair but when he started losing it, he started shaving his head. That is much easier for me!

Rose, hope work settles soon!

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-22-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:00 PM   #21  
beachin'

Kara, I cut DS1's hair too. #4 guard all around, trim around the ears and done! saves $15 and I can do it whenever I want.

I'm feeling icky today. I've felt a cold coming on for the past few days, but today seems to be the day it really sunk in. I've had chills and slight fever for the past hour or so, no appetite at all and I've had to force myself to drink water
Old 01-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Kara, thanks for your input on that casserole. I was planning to make it for supper tonight, but Jake called from work and said we're definitely going out. I'll make it tomorrow night, instead. I'm going to go and read your modifications on the recipe right now.

I had just gotten home and put away all the groceries and was just making a cup of tea when Jake called and asked if I'd bring coffee for his crew that was working on the road about 12 miles from here. He works for the electric company and they are stringing new lines. I really didn't feel like going out again, but I know those guys must be pretty cold out there, so I was the good wife. It paid off, since I'm being treated to dinner.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:53 PM   #23  
Visualizing the Goal

Zeff, I use the #2 all over and then #1 up the back, with a taper to the top.

Linda, you are super duper!

Last edited by tomandkara; 01-22-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:29 PM   #24  

S/C/G: maintaining

Zeff and Kara - My son is almost 20... so he just gets a #8 all the way around. And lots of trimming around the ears and neck. But today the darn clippers wouldn't work. DH thinks he fixed them but I am sending DS to the shop with a coupon for a $5 cut. And he is old enough that I don't even have to go with him

DS 2 goes for a more expensive, professional cut, but only about every 4 months, with shaggy in between. He is a bit into his hair. But then again, he has very nice hair

Nice to digress from eating for a while. I have been fighting the urge to snack today. Not unhealthy, just food I don't need.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #25  
beachin'

My 13 year old nephew is like that, WaistingTime He has *Very* shaggy hair and refuses to do anything more than trim it "because the girls like it"...whatever. I'm not sure whether a girl has actually TOLD him this, or if he just noticed a few looking his way. Either way, it is funny watching a boy progress into a teenager...rather terrifying, but funny nonetheless.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:50 PM   #26  
Visualizing the Goal

Oh my word, you're hilarious! My brother (who will be 17 in two weeks) went through a long hair phase and it drove my mother crazy. I thought he looked cute. His hair wasn't scraggly, but it was past his ears. When Connor's hair gets too long, it just grows up and out. We call him Mushroom Head. And then trim it.
Old 01-22-2010, 06:57 PM   #27  
beachin'

My Connor's hair is a giant, bushy head of blonde hair that never sits down. Right now, he has a fan of hair across the top of his head. Too cute!
Old 01-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #28  
Visualizing the Goal

Must be in the name!
Old 01-22-2010, 08:45 PM   #29  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

so it took me all day to get back here

Kara - Isn't that recipe good? I was so surprised at how much we liked it.
Hope you enjoy the Wii. It will be great for the kids too. It's nothing like the intense workouts you are used to but it is a fun way to get some extra exercise in. I love my 30 minute morning routine, doesn't burn a lot of calories but gets me all stretched and warmed up for the day.

Ruth - Here's to a fabulous evening. May I suggest a bubble bath and a Scotch?

Mmckellen - Scale will make you crazy but it's nice to see movement. I'm still mulling over your thread yesterday but I definitely can relate. I would love to find another job, almost any other job, right now.

Heidi - Did the rest of the day slow down?

WaistingTime - a successful and loss less computer transition to you. I have just one DD so no home hair cuts. I have this picture of myself at 5 with Mom bangs. I vowed never to do that to my child

Cottage - you are a good wife. Hope you were well rewarded. The day didn't live up to the billing but it was uneventful and that's a good thing too sometimes. Oh, I enjoyed the oatmeal though I overheated it. I liked the texture very much and will try it again. I bought some unsweetened hemp milk to try. Gotta get those omega-3s in

Debbie - Hope the pool was lovely and the afternoon too

Twynn - Hope they were able to get your floor back to looking like new. You're more patient than me. I'd have been using my creative vocabulary

Kim - not the best way to start your day. I hope the rest improved and you are enjoying date night

Kateh - Hope all went well at the dentist's office. I love the skateboard and advanced step on the Wii. Hey, we are thinking of going to Paul & Elizabeth's this weekend for lunch then off to Trader Joe's and Avatar in 3D in Hadley. It's one of our favorite weekend day activities

Oops - I have a morning routine of yoga and strength then play with the step, hula hoop, skateboard, bike and other stuff. I wouldn't do all of my exercise on it but it's a great way to boost your exercise, much healthier than sitting on the computer or watching tv.

Zeff - Hope you get that cold out of your system fast.

Pearl - What did you think of Tooth Fairy?

by George I think I did it My day was completely dull and uneventful. The BFH was only in about 15 minutes and we spent a quiet day just doing our thing. I had an excellent PT session. Ever have a constant low level pain (think tooth ache in a joint) day after day and suddenly it goes away for a few hours? Made my day.

Weird question but you gals seem to know everything - anyone ever try an inversion table? I'm thinking of getting one for my back issues. The PT suggested I look into one. Of course I can't resist the idea of one I can do crunches on. The PT frequently just rolls her eyes at me

I'm going to spend a quiet evening with a good glass of red wine then maybe an early bedtime and a good book. Hope your evening is equally satisfying
Old 01-22-2010, 09:06 PM   #30  
Vegan.whole.foodie.

S/C/G: hw252 csw220/???/160

Height: 5'7.5 ;)

Cyndi- I asked in another thread but can't find it- hows the gf thing goin? can you tell a big difference?
Closed Thread