Diabetes check

• So when I was pregnant a year ago I had gestational diabetes. I went in today to re-check if I have type 2 diabetes. I had to drink the orange drink that had 75 gms of sugar in it. I was really upset that I had to drink it cuz it doesnt go well with the diet. I am on phase 2 and have been doing well. I decided not to have any grains or fruit today but do you think I should go back to phase 1 for a few days or go back to phase 2 tomorrow?
  • I think you'd be staying on Phase 2, unless you notice a lot of cravings. If that's the case, then a few days of Phase 1 will help get rid of them and get you back on track.

I hope your tests come back just fine, MzThang!
  • Until you know for sure, just carry on with Phase 2. It is one of the most recommended diets for Type II Diabetics. Please do NOT cut out good carbs.
  • Thanks Cottage, I hope it comes out negative as well. I will find out in a week. 95% of my family has type 2 diabetes so I have a high probability of having it. I am just hoping that the healthy eating has corrected it.

I havent had any cravings today so I will just continue on with phase 2 tomorrow.