South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-19-2010, 05:04 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Default Beach Babes, HELP!! Ate too much by mistake and now have 34 cals left for the day!

Hey folks. I'm having a rough day and I'm looking for some hints that may help me get through it.

For those of you who track calories on SB, what do you do when you make a blunder that uses up so much of your calorie allotment that you don't have enough left to eat the rest of the day? For example, my blunder (translation: gluttony) today leaves me with an allowance of 34 calories and that would mean hitting my max for the day. I also have a hard workout to do in 1.5 hours and the food was not good workout fuel. I know that I can't make it until bedtime in 6.5 hours without feeling massively hungry. What do you or would you do in that situation?

Thanks in advance!!

Last edited by Kim_Star060404; 01-19-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:19 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kim, I think you should forget the calorie counting and eat something reasonable that will take you through to bed time. Skim milk and fruit or beans comes to mind. You will live to fight another day.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

I agree with Ruth - eat something reasonable and tomorrow is another day. How about lots of veggies and hummus or cheese? If you don't eat, you run the risk of being so hungry that you eat something you'd rather not. And maybe you won't mess up anything - when I counted points on WW, I found that I actually did better sometimes after I had a higher day. Maybe it shook up my metabolism.
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:35 PM   #4  

Height: 5'6"

I'd go with some lean protein and vegetables, particularly with a long work-out coming up.
siobhanmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #5  
Midwesterner

S/C/G: 152/116/120

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by siobhanmc View Post
I'd go with some lean protein and vegetables, particularly with a long work-out coming up.
My thoughts exactly!
murphmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #6  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

ditto all the above advice, also low sodium so water weight doesn't add to it. Some days are just like that. Get the workout in and keep moving forward.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #7  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Beans, beans, beans! Water, water, water!
(skip the calorie count for the day, for serious -- it will start a downward trend...)
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #8  

Height: 5'8"

The thing about doing this diet (I feel) is that the calories balance out - one day you may eat more, the next day less. Because you are not eating out of carb driven hunger your body will just regulate naturally. As long as you are eating OP, i.e. what is allowed for each stage, I would relax a bit and see how things go over the week as opposed to the day. Today you may eat more, tomorrow less.
Mmckellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:15 AM   #9  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Kim, I know you're past this issue now, but for future reference (and anyone reading who's dealing with this now), I'd recommend eating something high in potential to fill you up (i.e. LOTS of veggies) and very low in calories, with lots of protein and nutrients. For example, a boneless/skinless chicken breast stir-fried with broth/non-stick spray along with tons of veggies. Add low-cal condiments like low-sodium soy sauce, lemon juice, etc.

Then, the next day or two, take off a couple calories, so your total for the week is the same.

The big thing, I think, is to resist the urge to eat nutrient-poor items that are low in calories (a rice cake comes to mind...as does a 100 cal pack).

Does that make sense? Hope you resolved it to your satisfaction!
beachgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 08:03 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Thanks, everyone! I followed your advice and had 3 oz. of chicken, a small portion of black beans and a small salad for dinner plus a glass of milk. I did get a long, intense workout in and felt good throughout. I'm feeling good about today and am going to try to cut out 100 extra cals the next few days so my week will balance out.
Kim_Star060404 is offline   Reply With Quote