Phase 2 fruit.....do you have to?

• I've never been much of a fruit eater....love my veggies, though. I haven't missed fruit at all on Phase 1, and I move to Phase 2 on Monday. I was planning to add in a slice of whole grain bread each day for a week and watch it, maybe some Kashi. Do I have to add the fruit too? I'd be willing to eat more vegetables.
  • Weakling, as long as you eat a variety of vegetables so you're getting all the nutrients you need, no you don't have to.

However, I'm sure there are some nutrients that are easier to get from fruit, and I, personally, think SBD is, in part, about learning to broaden your eating choices to incorporate more of the healthy options that are out there. So maybe you can try adding a small amount of fruit to your diet, in the form of low GI things like berries, and see what happens.

Glad you have a veggie-rich diet, though!
  • Thanks! Once in awhile I like grapefruit, melon, or an apple. I can probably force myself to have a small serving once a day.
  • I wouldn't force yourself. Start off with one serving of grains each day and see how it goes. You never know, you might develop a taste for fruit later on. But for now it doesn't make sense to eat anything you don't really want to. Especially if you are eating lots of veggies. Remember, tomatoes and avocados are technically fruits!
  • I was never a big fruit eater...not that I don't like it, but never really wanted it...I'd go for cake, pasta instead. But now I live on it. It tastes so sweet now. I usually have a least 2 pieces of fruit a day.
  • Today is my first day on ph 2 and I mixed in some frozen berries with a 1/2 c ff plain yogurt, then sprinkled a little splenda on it .
    That is my fruit for today.
    I am not a huge fruit eater either, but this was a pretty easy fruit deivery system
    Good luck and happy phase2
    Deb